This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the best looking PC game released this year

#11phy2jshPosted 8/13/2014 12:43:50 PM
Hypertext_Eye posted...
phy2jsh posted...
I'm excited to see what GTA V will look like. It won't be the best technical showcase, but considering how good they managed to make it look on ancient hardware (frame-rate and aliasing issues notwithstanding), I'm expecting it will be very impressive, as long as the port is decent.

You're expecting a decent port from Rockstar. That's cute.

No, I'm expecting it will be impressive if the port is decent. Perhaps you should learn to read before you resort to being patronising. Also, they did a good job with max Payne 3, so it's not unheard of.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#12AlleRacingPosted 8/13/2014 4:04:30 PM
Hypertext_Eye posted...
phy2jsh posted...
I'm excited to see what GTA V will look like. It won't be the best technical showcase, but considering how good they managed to make it look on ancient hardware (frame-rate and aliasing issues notwithstanding), I'm expecting it will be very impressive, as long as the port is decent.

Max Payne 3 was an excellent port.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://steamsigmaker.de/new/AlleRacing.png
#13a687947Posted 8/13/2014 4:27:13 PM
AlleRacing posted...
Hypertext_Eye posted...
phy2jsh posted...

No it wasn't. The game itself might have been optimized well but that actual PC version was a pile of crap. I've never had so many problems or seen so many people have so many problems getting a new game to work
#14ThisGuy101Posted 8/13/2014 4:46:38 PM
a687947 posted...
AlleRacing posted...
Hypertext_Eye posted...
phy2jsh posted...

No it wasn't. The game itself might have been optimized well but that actual PC version was a pile of crap. I've never had so many problems or seen so many people have so many problems getting a new game to work

I literally haven't had a single issue with it. No PC review I've read has claimed a single issue with it. It has a 7.6 user score and an 87 metascore on Metacritic. You seem to be in the minority here.
---
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig
#15wizardmonPosted 8/13/2014 4:49:52 PM
a687947 posted...

PEBKAC probably, game launched and worked without any tweaking at all on all of the computers I've tried it on.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#16phy2jshPosted 8/13/2014 10:46:58 PM
a687947 posted...
AlleRacing posted...
Hypertext_Eye posted...
phy2jsh posted...

You had problems with it. You searched for others who had the same problem and found quite a few. That absolutely doesn't mean it was a bad port; the consensus is it is a very good port. I could search for people with problems with any given game and could find loads and conclude it's a terrible port. That's the nature of doing a biased survey of the data.
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#17SetzeraPosted 8/14/2014 12:06:08 AM
I'm not sure I own any PC games from 2014. But.. Far Cry 4 or AC Unity will likely be my vote later this year.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#18SpazH3dPosted 8/14/2014 12:50:16 AM
Metro: Last Light just got a redux, so that counts. Improved graphics and a few other things.

Try that game.
---
- My vision is augmented
#19a687947Posted 8/14/2014 1:01:16 AM(edited)
phy2jsh posted...
a687947 posted...
AlleRacing posted...
Hypertext_Eye posted...
phy2jsh posted...

You had problems with it. You searched for others who had the same problem and found quite a few. That absolutely doesn't mean it was a bad port; the consensus is it is a very good port. I could search for people with problems with any given game and could find loads and conclude it's a terrible port. That's the nature of doing a biased survey of the data.

I didn't have to search for anything, there were dozens of threads on steam with hundreds of comments from people having problems with it. Even right now on the first page of the steam forums for it there are six threads from people who can't play the game. there are also a couple more who are having problems with their DLC. Just because you got lucky does not make it a good port. I can sit here all day and say that New Vegas was perfect on PC because in over 50 hours I never really found any of the serious glitches thousands were having.
#20RoboXgp89Posted 8/14/2014 1:02:14 AM
Metro Last Light can't even be run at 60frames in a ps4 with out some serious tweaking