This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm making a video game. Does anyone have any creative ideas on gameplay?

#1mike1377Posted 8/13/2014 2:01:11 PM
Basically, I'm making a video game. The plot is one i've been panning out for years. The main plot was originally going to be various other things i've had ideas for, but i've settled on combining most of them into a video game.

THE BASIC PLOT:
The basic plot is a religious war in a fictional universe, where two gods have left factions after sealing each other in a battle that resulted from disagraments over politics of the human race, like the penal system They each leave one human manifestation who has no knowledge of who they are. While sealed, the gods remain in the backgrounds, controlling the personalities and abilties of their factions, and calculate against each other to bring their own manifestation to resurrect them, through jewels scattered throughout the world.... That's the tip of the ice burg of what's planned, and all i can share to you at the moment

There's an energy useable to all humans for various, mostly gameeplay and cutscene action purposes... with the occasional plot twist. The cutscenes are going to be gory (picture severed organs flying out of a horizontally-cut in half body) and action packed.

THE GAMEPLAY SO FAR:
Each character will have one ability in common: The ability to cast an energy out into the distance, and use it as a grapple hook to fly hundreds of miles per hour into the air across city-sized maps, fighting the opposing faction (pre-decided) there will be illusionary abilities both against enemies and sort of like xray vision and stuff like that for themselves. tranformations into flying animals and creatures like dragons, though not sure of what else to transform to.

WHERE YOU COME IN:

Any other ideas are welcome, as well as refinements in others' ideas; both mine and other users. Anything from map locations to combos to weapon types and menu ideas or anything. Not all will be included, and many may only use varations of what is included. Anything either you'd like to see in a game, or think others would. If you have a background in 3D graphics and want to help make level designs, go send me an Inbox.

I plan on doing most or all of the programming myself, as well as character models and the like. I'm not from a company, but I'm fairly good as a hobbyist, and spend 10-20 hours most days working on it. This game may not be professional, but its your easy way to contribute to a game, even as a community. Let the ideas flow!
---
because i'm always right, trust me when i say i'm not just
stubborn
#2TimePharaohPosted 8/13/2014 5:36:28 PM
Are you going to pay me to make your generic game for you?
#3KillerzOverHerePosted 8/13/2014 5:38:36 PM
Make a truly tactical and realistic fps. Then well talk.
---
"I am Satan, Lord of Darkness" - Bo Burnham's comedy show, "what." (2013).
#4ThisGuy101Posted 8/13/2014 5:40:44 PM
Get a real team, because one man isn't making this.
---
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig
#5ThePaleRiderpPosted 8/13/2014 6:22:22 PM
TC did you copyright this?
---
Valar morghulis
#6ThePaleRiderpPosted 8/13/2014 6:23:01 PM
ThisGuy101 posted...
Get a real team, because one man isn't making this.

To be fair Cave Story was made by one person. Took him 5 years but still.
---
Valar morghulis
#7ChromaticAngelPosted 8/13/2014 6:24:11 PM
mike1377 posted...
tranformations into flying animals and creatures like dragons,

you want my ideas, here is one: start out small.
---
RPG Spotlight: Eschalon: Book II http://www.gog.com/game/eschalon_book_ii
Short Summary: http://pastebin.com/eLAb8Hj2