This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Bioware pushing online play?

#11foodeater4Posted 8/13/2014 3:34:22 PM
Far as I know nothing is confirmed for multiplayer.
#12HighOnPhazonPosted 8/13/2014 3:34:50 PM
No, about Dragon Age looking great.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#13Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 3:35:30 PM
SinisterSlay posted...
Ea forces all games to be made with multiplayer. The ceo said so himself.

What a p****.
#14NintendoFan81Posted 8/13/2014 3:41:29 PM
Money basically.

The days of many great single player-only games are dying. Too many people are hooked/addicted to online games and game makers known this, so they will add it to just about anything.

I would be fine with this, but many times the single player experience is crippled due to multiplayer aspects. They seemingly make computer AI for partners bad in games just so you must play with a real person to beat games.
#15Orestes417Posted 8/13/2014 3:47:29 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Because an online element provides an incentive not to resell the game 15 seconds after you beat it.

It provides an incentive, then you realize it's yet another tacked on multiplayer for the sake of multiplayer, then sell it anyway.

EA games are some of the highest traded in games of any publisher on the market.

The ME3 multiplayer was better than the SP.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#16CatToyPosted 8/13/2014 3:48:57 PM
Don't really care as long as the multiplayer is as good as the ME3 multiplayer. I wish they would release a stand alone version just so there would be more players.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#17SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/13/2014 4:11:53 PM
Bioware Austin. Different studio.

Also, FYI, BG1, 2 and NWN were all multiplayer. I believe KOTOR was the first one they made that didn't have multiplayer.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#18clowningPosted 8/13/2014 4:27:58 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
foodeater4 posted...
Despite that, its not like bioware is not making RPG's anymore. As far as I know Dragon Age Inquistiton looks like a great single player RPG.

Joke post?

Obvious troll post.
---
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
#19steveboblarryPosted 8/13/2014 4:31:09 PM
Orestes417 posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Because an online element provides an incentive not to resell the game 15 seconds after you beat it.

It provides an incentive, then you realize it's yet another tacked on multiplayer for the sake of multiplayer, then sell it anyway.

EA games are some of the highest traded in games of any publisher on the market.

Uh no, The SP was amazing up until the last 15 min, the extended cut fixed things though.

To the OP though, EA just loves to push multiplayer into they're games regardless if it is needed or not, thats what they believe sells games.
---
Windows 8 was a flop regardless of what the PCH clowns say.
#20SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/13/2014 4:35:29 PM
steveboblarry posted...
Orestes417 posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
Orestes417 posted...

Uh no, The SP was amazing up until the last 15 min, the extended cut fixed things though.

To the OP though, EA just loves to push multiplayer into they're games regardless if it is needed or not, thats what they believe sells games.

I agree, but the multiplayer is still better.

It's REALLY good multiplayer.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}