This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Bioware pushing online play?

#21PhilOnDezPosted 8/13/2014 4:37:28 PM
^Yep. ME3 MP being better doesn't make the SP bad. ME3 MP standalone would be one of my fav games of all time, ME3 SP being good was a great bonus.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#22GorillaInHoagiePosted 8/13/2014 4:51:45 PM
hi
---
YA YA YA YA YA!!!!!!!!!! PYAH PYAH PYAH PYAH!!!! CHAGA CHAGA CHAGA CHAGA!! HAHAHA CHAGA CHAGA CHAGA CHAGA CHAGA!! ! PAGA PAGA PAGA PAGA! ! PEEGA PEEGA PEEGA!!!
#23Abiz_Posted 8/13/2014 5:05:17 PM(edited)
Think about this Bioware is making Dragon Age 3 and Mass Effect 4 right now. Also they are making this game... It's not the same Bioware. Bioware is just a brand name now. That EA is pimping out. Kinda like how they took mythic and put it into a Bioware studio for SWTOR. There are atleast 3 different studios using that name.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#24Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 5:06:48 PM
Abiz_ posted...
Think about this Bioware is making Dragon Age 3 and Mass Effect 4 right now. Also they are making this game... It's not the same Bioware. Bioware is just a brand name now. That EA is pimping out. Kinda like how they took mythic and put it into a Bioware studio for SWTOR. There are atleast 3 different studios using that name.

Which one is the classic Bioware studio we know and love? Dead I'm guessing.
#25Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 5:10:48 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Bioware Austin. Different studio.

Also, FYI, BG1, 2 and NWN were all multiplayer. I believe KOTOR was the first one they made that didn't have multiplayer.

You do have a fair point, but SWTOR and this new game are completely multi focused.
#26seryou101Posted 8/13/2014 5:12:36 PM
That new game they revealed looks extremely bland.
---
I7-970 | EVGA 780 Classified
#27mjc0961Posted 8/13/2014 5:15:15 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Because an online element provides an incentive not to resell the game 15 seconds after you beat it.

So does making a quality single player experience worth replaying in the future.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#28mjc0961Posted 8/13/2014 5:16:20 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
^Yep. ME3 MP being better doesn't make the SP bad. ME3 MP standalone would be one of my fav games of all time, ME3 SP being good was a great bonus.

That's interesting because the ME3 MP was insanely bad.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
#29Orestes417Posted 8/13/2014 5:17:58 PM
mjc0961 posted...
PhilOnDez posted...

That's interesting because the ME3 MP was insanely bad.

Opinions man, Opinions. Many people consider the ME3 MP to be superb. In fact if my math is right we're in the majority in this topic thus far.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#30night_drifter05Posted 8/13/2014 5:19:33 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Because an online element provides an incentive not to resell the game 15 seconds after you beat it.

It provides an incentive, then you realize it's yet another tacked on multiplayer for the sake of multiplayer, then sell it anyway.

EA games are some of the highest traded in games of any publisher on the market.

EA game's aren't the most traded because of tacked on multiplayer, they are the most traded because they sell millions upon mllions of sports/racing games with yearly releases.