This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Bioware pushing online play?

#31Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 5:20:03 PM
Orestes417 posted...
mjc0961 posted...
PhilOnDez posted...
^Yep. ME3 MP being better doesn't make the SP bad. ME3 MP standalone would be one of my fav games of all time, ME3 SP being good was a great bonus.

That's interesting because the ME3 MP was insanely bad.

Opinions man, Opinions. Many people consider the ME3 MP to be superb. In fact if my math is right we're in the majority in this topic thus far.

The multiplayer is excellent, but I can live without it if they make the game bigger in an RPG.
#32SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/13/2014 5:23:53 PM
Jedi454 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
mjc0961 posted...
PhilOnDez posted...
^Yep. ME3 MP being better doesn't make the SP bad. ME3 MP standalone would be one of my fav games of all time, ME3 SP being good was a great bonus.

That's interesting because the ME3 MP was insanely bad.

Opinions man, Opinions. Many people consider the ME3 MP to be superb. In fact if my math is right we're in the majority in this topic thus far.

The multiplayer is excellent, but I can live without it if they make the game bigger in an RPG.

Well, that probably wouldn't happen anyway. Bioware's been doing the linear Act 1, 3 area Act 2, Linear act 3 for a long time now.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#33Orestes417Posted 8/13/2014 5:27:48 PM
A better question from where I'm sitting is why people insist on whining about games not being what they've pigeonholed them into being in their head. The complaints about ME2/3 not being RPG enough when they very clearly weren't pushing that direction to begin with for example.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#34jessica73Posted 8/13/2014 5:30:22 PM
Because they learned even if their game is pretty mediocre at the few best parts of its sp, people will still claim that at least it was good for the mp.

and that wasn't that great either imo v_v
---
http://i.imgur.com/uAzPe.jpg http://steamsigmaker.de/bg/thebotqueen.png
http://raptr.com/badge/thebotqueen/ach.png
#35Abiz_Posted 8/13/2014 5:32:33 PM(edited)
Orestes417 posted...
A better question from where I'm sitting is why people insist on whining about games not being what they've pigeonholed them into being in their head. The complaints about ME2/3 not being RPG enough when they very clearly weren't pushing that direction to begin with for example.

They did push that with ME though. So not a good example. ME2 changed it.
---
Interestingly enough, video game companies used to be able to make money without selling out like cheap prostitutes.-KaiserWarrior
#36Orestes417Posted 8/13/2014 5:34:30 PM
Abiz_ posted...
Orestes417 posted...

That's my point. Deal with the games as what they are, not what you can't accept they aren't because you're hung up on the previous titles.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#37SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/13/2014 5:35:47 PM
They were all Shooter/RPG hybrids.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#38Aegis_RunestonePosted 8/13/2014 5:39:34 PM
jake-sf posted...
I'd expect EA is just forcing them.

---
http://tinyurl.com/n36722v <- feel free to use, do not steal.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/402828/
#39steveboblarryPosted 8/13/2014 5:39:38 PM
Orestes417 posted...

Orestes417 posted...
Abiz_ posted...
Orestes417 posted...

That's my point. Deal with the games as what they are, not what you can't accept they aren't because you're hung up on the previous titles.

So if The next Battlefield turned into a Horror/Rpg Hybrid game you would be okay with that right? FPS's shouldn't be pigeonholed right?
---
Windows 8 was a flop regardless of what the PCH clowns say.
#40DiviDudePosted 8/13/2014 5:41:15 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Abiz_ posted...
Orestes417 posted...

Really. It shouldn't be all that hard to adapt and change one's expectations. "Okay, so ME2 is clearly not an RPG... but I'm just going to keep playing it like it's an RPG anyway because ME1 was."

That is not how an intelligent person thinks. Yet, evidently, this is common practice on GFaqs.