This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Bioware pushing online play?

#41steveboblarryPosted 8/13/2014 4:42:15 PM
Dividude and Orestes EA tag team defenders
---
Windows 8 was a flop regardless of what the PCH clowns say.
#42Orestes417Posted 8/13/2014 4:43:48 PM
You know, if the next Battlefield turned into a turn based strategy set in victorian England I'd still take it on it's own merits as a game. Because I, unlike some people, make judgments on the game I'm playing, not the game I'm stuck in fantasy land expecting.
---
Your problem is you've spent your whole life thinking there are rules. There aren't. We used to be gorillas.
#43CatToyPosted 8/13/2014 4:44:44 PM(edited)
steveboblarry posted...
So if The next Battlefield turned into a Horror/Rpg Hybrid game you would be okay with that right? FPS's shouldn't be pigeonholed right?

Given the incredible number of unlocks and a huge rank and level system, Battlefield isn't that far from an FPS/RPG already.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#44PhilOnDezPosted 8/13/2014 4:44:21 PM
Sinfullyvannila posted...
Jedi454 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
mjc0961 posted...
PhilOnDez posted...
^Yep. ME3 MP being better doesn't make the SP bad. ME3 MP standalone would be one of my fav games of all time, ME3 SP being good was a great bonus.

That's interesting because the ME3 MP was insanely bad.

Opinions man, Opinions. Many people consider the ME3 MP to be superb. In fact if my math is right we're in the majority in this topic thus far.

The multiplayer is excellent, but I can live without it if they make the game bigger in an RPG.

Well, that probably wouldn't happen anyway. Bioware's been doing the linear Act 1, 3 area Act 2, Linear act 3 for a long time now.

The MP also didn't take much from the SP portion. Aside from the final DLC pretty much everything in the MP was just slightly modified assets from the main game or campaign DLCs. The final DLC did include quite a few unique models plus Retaliation added Collectors and added a few new enemies to some of the other factions but I suspect these were originally intended for the game but ultimately scrapped for whatever reason and were then repurposed into the MP so as to not go to waste.

It's a low effort high yield scenario for them, I don't see them scrapping it anytime soon, nor would I want them to as long as it's half as good as it turned out in ME3. If they add some actual campaign style mission maps I won't know what to do with myself.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#45steveboblarryPosted 8/13/2014 4:45:27 PM
Orestes417 posted...
You know, if the next Battlefield turned into a turn based strategy set in victorian England I'd still take it on it's own merits as a game. Because I, unlike some people, make judgments on the game I'm playing, not the game I'm stuck in fantasy land expecting.

but games are fantasy

http://www.bestsmartwatchescompared.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/mind-blown-jackie-chan-720x340.jpg
---
#46SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/13/2014 4:48:07 PM(edited)
And their largest RPGs(BG1 and 2) already had multiplayer anyway, and I believe were also the lowest budget by them.

In other words, it's a fallacy that the exclusion of multiplayer would improve the single player games.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#47steveboblarryPosted 8/13/2014 4:46:28 PM
CatToy posted...
steveboblarry posted...
So if The next Battlefield turned into a Horror/Rpg Hybrid game you would be okay with that right? FPS's shouldn't be pigeonholed right?

Given the incredible number of unlocks and a huge rank and level system, Battlefield isn't that far from an FPS/RPG already.

What about the Horror. I said hybrid son between Horror and RPG
---
#48CatToyPosted 8/13/2014 4:47:23 PM
steveboblarry posted...

Well gee dad, that totally changes everything!
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#49steveboblarryPosted 8/13/2014 4:48:27 PM
CatToy posted...
steveboblarry posted...

Well gee dad, that totally changes everything!

Its okay son, now go to your room
---
#50CatToyPosted 8/13/2014 4:49:18 PM
steveboblarry posted...
Its okay son, now go to your room

You're undermining your own argument with your condescension.
---