This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is Bioware pushing online play?

#61TheSeviperPosted 8/13/2014 6:58:08 PM
I really enjoy the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and the Single player and hope the Omni-bow is in Mass Effect 4.
---
---
Ever since I started playing dark souls I'm a Christian no longer. I Praise the Sun, so watch out Christians -Miyasakiii
#62ThePaleRiderpPosted 8/13/2014 7:08:57 PM
steveboblarry posted...
ThePaleRiderp posted...
Fou Lu posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Ea forces all games to be made with multiplayer. The ceo said so himself.

Yep, and then gives all the multiplayer DLC away for free.

Care to explain why he's forcing them to give away free multiplayer DLC? Why did ME3 and PvZ Garden Warfare have 100% free multiplayer DLC?

Stop trying to vilify EA. It's getting pretty pathetic considering even Nintendo follows EA business plans now, but it's perfectly cool when Nintendo does it.

A person defending EA. That is something you don't see everyday.

I guess you have not seen the posts from Orestes/Dividude

No. And now I'd rather not please.
---
Valar morghulis
#63BarneyBoscoPosted 8/13/2014 7:16:39 PM
ME3 multiplayer was IMO pretty decent. I didn't like the grinding so I stopped playing it, but still despite that it would have been awesome. Hope it returns with a PVP option and no microtransactions.
---
http://www.mykaussie.com/images/Tennis1.jpg
#64Reverend_WilsonPosted 8/13/2014 7:47:32 PM
NWN was one of the best games I ever played due to the multiplayer and its modding tools. If Bioware can create awesome multiplayer experience like in NWN, then they should continue to push multiplayer in their games.

I'm an old school RPG player that mostly play RPGs for the single player, but games like Divinity: Original Sin proved that multiplayer can be done right in single player style RPGs.
---
Q Boned
#65PhilOnDezPosted 8/13/2014 7:51:36 PM
steveboblarry posted...
Fou Lu posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

Care to explain why he's forcing them to give away free multiplayer DLC? Why did ME3 and PvZ Garden Warfare have 100% free multiplayer DLC?

Stop trying to vilify EA. It's getting pretty pathetic considering even Nintendo follows EA business plans now, but it's perfectly cool when Nintendo does it.

All the Multiplayer DLC for free? are you high

Can't speak for PvZ but all the ME3 MP DLC was free. The DLC and patches added more MP content than the game shipped with.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#66steveboblarryPosted 8/13/2014 7:55:23 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
steveboblarry posted...
Fou Lu posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

All the Multiplayer DLC for free? are you high

Can't speak for PvZ but all the ME3 MP DLC was free. The DLC and patches added more MP content than the game shipped with.

I don't remember BF3/Bf4 having free DLC, if people want to talk just about mass effect 3 then yes, they did do free DLC for it.
---
Windows 8 was a flop regardless of what the PCH clowns say.
#67MarikhenPosted 8/13/2014 8:04:59 PM
steveboblarry posted...
Uh no, The SP was amazing up until the last 15 min, the extended cut fixed things though.

I have to disagree. The game was good, but not amazing, and the extended cut fixed nothing. Per Mass Effect 2's own DLCs every ending that resulted in the destruction of the relay chain should have also resulted in the figurative if not the literal destruction of the entire galaxy. Even the ones that didn't result in the relay chain's destruction were usually if not always sketchy at best given that the relays were sending out massive pulses of energy at speeds in the thousands of light years per second range.

Realistically speaking, in terms of in-game reality which all too often plays fair with Newton and Einstein except when "element zero" is involved, most if not every ending should have resulted in the death of all life in the galaxy either immediately or within a very short period of time due to radiation and/or "eezo" poisoning.

Ignoring that rather gaping flaw in the endings the extended cut does not fix:
#1 How the "synthesis" ending can turn everyone into TRON-borgs.
#2 Why the "Star Child" AI espouses reasoning that is bat-s*** insane, doesn't realize the inherent insanity in its own position, and refuses to acknowledge reality when it is evident in the form of the Geth actually siding with biological life.
#3 The fact that many side quests in ME3 don't matter except to a single pair of variables, your ES, and nothing more. I've seen it, you don't see the Volus dreadnought in it at all so far as I could see. I got that f***ing ship in the fight, I want to see it fight!

Frankly, from my perspective Mass Effect 3 is BuyoWare's Final Fantasy 7. It's a good game that people tend to hype up too much while glossing over its flaws, and it comes with an ending that leaves you feeling like you wasted your time playing the game. The biggest difference between the two games is that Final Fantasy 7 had mechanics that allowed for a more significant amount of replay, and its bad ending didn't tarnish an entire series thereby diminishing the replay value of all of them.

As I said, it's a good game, but nothing short of scrapping the last half hour or so of gameplay/ending and rewriting it from scratch, again, or, possibly, reintroducing the original ending/gameplay will actually fix it.
---
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
#68PaukenPosted 8/13/2014 11:52:55 PM
NWN1 had amazing multiplayer thanks to modding, a dedicated role playing community, and an easy-to-use toolset. Its singleplayer sucked ass though; vanilla NWN had by far Bioware's worst storyline, while the expacs, despite being way better, still were really bleh compared to Bioware's later offerings. This is counting official content only btw; mods add all sorts of good singleplayer campaigns, which fixes NWN's only glaring flaw perfectly,

Bioware can do multiplayer and singleplayer RPGs perfectly well; it remains to be seen how much loner they'll be able to do that, though, as EA is getting close to cannibalizing the company, what with major parts of Bioware already having jumped ship...
#69SinfullyvannilaPosted 8/14/2014 6:18:11 AM
Marikhen posted...
steveboblarry posted...
Uh no, The SP was amazing up until the last 15 min, the extended cut fixed things though.

I have to disagree. The game was good, but not amazing, and the extended cut fixed nothing. Per Mass Effect 2's own DLCs every ending that resulted in the destruction of the relay chain should have also resulted in the figurative if not the literal destruction of the entire galaxy. Even the ones that didn't result in the relay chain's destruction were usually if not always sketchy at best given that the relays were sending out massive pulses of energy at speeds in the thousands of light years per second range.

Realistically speaking, in terms of in-game reality which all too often plays fair with Newton and Einstein except when "element zero" is involved, most if not every ending should have resulted in the death of all life in the galaxy either immediately or within a very short period of time due to radiation and/or "eezo" poisoning.

Ignoring that rather gaping flaw in the endings the extended cut does not fix:
#1 How the "synthesis" ending can turn everyone into TRON-borgs.
#2 Why the "Star Child" AI espouses reasoning that is bat-s*** insane, doesn't realize the inherent insanity in its own position, and refuses to acknowledge reality when it is evident in the form of the Geth actually siding with biological life.
#3 The fact that many side quests in ME3 don't matter except to a single pair of variables, your ES, and nothing more. I've seen it, you don't see the Volus dreadnought in it at all so far as I could see. I got that f***ing ship in the fight, I want to see it fight!

Frankly, from my perspective Mass Effect 3 is BuyoWare's Final Fantasy 7. It's a good game that people tend to hype up too much while glossing over its flaws, and it comes with an ending that leaves you feeling like you wasted your time playing the game. The biggest difference between the two games is that Final Fantasy 7 had mechanics that allowed for a more significant amount of replay, and its bad ending didn't tarnish an entire series thereby diminishing the replay value of all of them.

As I said, it's a good game, but nothing short of scrapping the last half hour or so of gameplay/ending and rewriting it from scratch, again, or, possibly, reintroducing the original ending/gameplay will actually fix it.

Still really good up until that point though.
---
Yes, said game is worth $5. {3DS Friend Code 3050-7626-8586}
#70ArkonBladePosted 8/14/2014 11:16:59 AM
jake-sf posted...
I'd expect EA is just forcing them.

---
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade