This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I dobt understand why they cant just bring all the games to the PC.

#1MrMonkhousePosted 8/13/2014 6:01:07 PM
MGSV is coming to PC, so why not Bloodborne or The Prder 1886?
---
http://i.imgur.com/j74SykU.gif
http://i.imgur.com/BcGVG.gif
#2GoshoraiPosted 8/13/2014 6:02:49 PM
Bloodborne is funded by Sony or some zingabop like that. Dunno about The order.

But basically, if there weren't exclusive, there'd no reason to acquire consoles at all. Which would make them economical failures...well maybe not, X360 had few exclusives compared to ps3 and it still sold good.
---
"My...you didn't even last a minute." http://i.imgur.com/Qwwo5aG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lln48CZ.jpg
#3The_Pig_HostagePosted 8/13/2014 6:03:00 PM
Because Sony is publishing Bloodborne and publishing/co-developing The Order?
#4noimnoturdaddyPosted 8/13/2014 8:45:55 PM(edited)
Also ease of development. There's only one kind of PS4 in the world, but there are hundreds of possible modern gaming PC makeups. This is something people tend to overlook, it's just far more time consuming to properly develop for PC these days, I don't blame most devs for not bothering. Better to do nothing than try, fail, and have the PC community at your doorstep with pitchforks.

Heck, Dark Souls 1 and 2 are good examples of this in every regard.
---
"Are you Ron Swanson?" - CatToy to me, upon realizing what a manly man I am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAYS8QTjnfg
#5dementedlullabyPosted 8/13/2014 9:02:26 PM
Dark Souls 1 and 2 are good examples of a Japanese developer being a Japanese developer. Unless you're making weird visual novels or hentai games the majority of Japanese developers are used to working with consoles first and foremost.

Embarrassing bugs like durability depleting faster at 60 fps goes to prove this.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#6daveyman23Posted 8/13/2014 9:02:55 PM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
Also ease of development. There's only one kind of PS4 in the world, but there are hundreds of possible modern gaming PC makeups. This is something people tend to overlook, it's just far more time consuming to properly develop for PC these days, I don't blame most devs for not bothering. Better to do nothing than try, fail, and have the PC community at your doorstep with pitchforks.

You make a good point, and its same reason consoles stay alive for so many years. However, in my personal opinion, no one is more loyal than the pc gaming community and if you make a decent product you will have a large group of people waiting to buy your new stuff.

While this holds true to nearly every gaming scene, something about the pc community just seems more...intense? We communicate with each other more, we help separate the crap from the good games. Theres a reason CoD is dead on PC, after all.
#7LvthnPosted 8/13/2014 9:15:42 PM
noimnoturdaddy posted...

I see this brought up all the time, and while I'm not a game developer, I'm pretty sure they don't have to code in every potential hardware configuration. It would seem to me a great deal of that is already taken care of by drivers. What very limited programming I did back in my youth would still run on a modern computer.

Also, I'm pretty sure PS4 games are developed using PCs. I somehow do not think it's easier to use a PC to develop for console than to use a PC to develop for PC.

But you sound as though you speak from experience, and "these days" even implies that it's veteran experience. So maybe you can clear up why programs run on hardware that was not even conceived of when they were released, and the implications that has for having to program for each possible hardware configuration? It sounds difficult, to say the very least.
#8w0 0tPosted 8/13/2014 9:25:30 PM
Add Dragons Dogma to the 'why not' list. Maybe even FF15 too.

I too don't understand exclusivity. Imagine if Microsoft makes Office for Dell PCs but not usable on Asus machines. Yep it's that absurd.

Besides, aren't 100% of all games developed with a PC? I sure have never heard of any game that's programmed on a Playstation or Xbox console
---
Why does jesus need to change skills? Resurrect is pretty OP in HC. Even with the 3 day CD. - wildog2006
#9dementedlullabyPosted 8/13/2014 9:48:11 PM
Lvthn posted...
noimnoturdaddy posted...

Also, I'm pretty sure PS4 games are developed using PCs. I somehow do not think it's easier to use a PC to develop for console than to use a PC to develop for PC.

Still need a PS4 dev kit though afaik.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#10Trance_FanPosted 8/13/2014 9:53:58 PM
bloodborne will come to pc in the future, from software owns the ip and title..sony is just publishing for ps4
---
i think it's nice