This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I dobt understand why they cant just bring all the games to the PC.

#11SetzeraPosted 8/13/2014 11:04:05 PM
I forsee a lot of titles coming to PC this gen, but not all of them. Otherwise consoles would be completely pointless to own.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#12LikeGoodMorningPosted 8/14/2014 4:03:04 AM
Lvthn posted...
I see this brought up all the time, and while I'm not a game developer, I'm pretty sure they don't have to code in every potential hardware configuration. It would seem to me a great deal of that is already taken care of by drivers. What very limited programming I did back in my youth would still run on a modern computer.

Also, I'm pretty sure PS4 games are developed using PCs. I somehow do not think it's easier to use a PC to develop for console than to use a PC to develop for PC.

But you sound as though you speak from experience, and "these days" even implies that it's veteran experience. So maybe you can clear up why programs run on hardware that was not even conceived of when they were released, and the implications that has for having to program for each possible hardware configuration? It sounds difficult, to say the very least.

I doubt it would be because it is easier to develop for consoles I would assume piracy can be a big turn off for pc versions. When the ps4/xbox one get jail broken expect more pc ports of games to just start coming.
#13snesmaster40Posted 8/14/2014 4:17:22 AM
There tends to be a lot of worry about money with most games, but PC gaming is at a point where a console developer can port their game to PC and see a profit really quickly. Best example would be Alan Wake which saw a profit after a few days of release.
---
Are we not men?
#14temgunPosted 8/14/2014 4:18:08 AM
noimnoturdaddy posted...
Also ease of development. There's only one kind of PS4 in the world, but there are hundreds of possible modern gaming PC makeups. This is something people tend to overlook, it's just far more time consuming to properly develop for PC these days, I don't blame most devs for not bothering. Better to do nothing than try, fail, and have the PC community at your doorstep with pitchforks.

Heck, Dark Souls 1 and 2 are good examples of this in every regard.

So are you talking from experience? I'm guessing not. It's not far more time consuming to develop for PC. Saying these days is even more wrong, since especially these days it's far easier than in the past. It's mostly programming on set interfaces, which in turn "discuss" with the drivers provided by various manufacturers like Intel. Dark Souls 1 being a bad port has nothing to do with developing being somehow hard on PC, it was simply a very rushed project. Consoles have a lot of games like that too, games that are made quickly and that look and perform like ass, or even are bugged to hell. Regardless of the resolution and frame rate, it played fine without the mod. Also, what's wrong with Dark Souls 2?
#15LoshadtPosted 8/14/2014 4:24:31 AM
temgun posted...
Also, what's wrong with Dark Souls 2?

In-game logic tied to framerate, M+KB not properly supported, no lighting.
---
Scientifically proven.
#16TropicMoon10Posted 8/14/2014 4:35:52 AM
Trance_Fan posted...
bloodborne will come to pc in the future, from software owns the ip and title..sony is just publishing for ps4

I wish. But I'm more inclined to believe this will be another Demon's Souls situation where the game will never stop being exclusive to Playstation.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#17LvthnPosted 8/14/2014 5:05:55 AM
Loshadt posted...
temgun posted...

Same reason DS1 is framelocked isn't it? From what I read the 60fps mods for DS1 can cause physics bugs.
#18ThePaleRiderpPosted 8/14/2014 5:35:58 AM
TropicMoon10 posted...
Trance_Fan posted...
bloodborne will come to pc in the future, from software owns the ip and title..sony is just publishing for ps4

I wish. But I'm more inclined to believe this will be another Demon's Souls situation where the game will never stop being exclusive to Playstation.

Well considering Sony co developed and funded the game, probably not. Oh and Sony owns the IP not From Soft.
---
Valar morghulis
#19DaedalusExPosted 8/14/2014 5:42:34 AM
But wouldn't Sony make more money from the extra sales on PC than they would from the (presumably) small number of PC-only gamers that would buy a PS4 to play Bloodbourne?
#20temgunPosted 8/14/2014 5:44:39 AM
Loshadt posted...
temgun posted...

So that makes it okay to put it in the same league as Dark Souls 1? Consoles don't have the lightning either and there's no way PC would have received them anyway.