This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I dobt understand why they cant just bring all the games to the PC.

#31MrMonkhouse(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 9:25:21 AM
I'm sure a lot of you guys have both a PC and PS4 as I do and at this point I just dont see the point of owning a PS4 now but most likely when FFXV an KH3 comes out... at least for me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/j74SykU.gif
http://i.imgur.com/BcGVG.gif
#32Run_2_the_HillsPosted 8/14/2014 10:26:52 AM(edited)
daveyman23 posted...
noimnoturdaddy posted...
Also ease of development. There's only one kind of PS4 in the world, but there are hundreds of possible modern gaming PC makeups. This is something people tend to overlook, it's just far more time consuming to properly develop for PC these days, I don't blame most devs for not bothering. Better to do nothing than try, fail, and have the PC community at your doorstep with pitchforks.

Heck, Dark Souls 1 and 2 are good examples of this in every regard.

You make a good point, and its same reason consoles stay alive for so many years. However, in my personal opinion, no one is more loyal than the pc gaming community and if you make a decent product you will have a large group of people waiting to buy your new stuff.

While this holds true to nearly every gaming scene, something about the pc community just seems more...intense? We communicate with each other more, we help separate the crap from the good games. Theres a reason CoD is dead on PC, after all.

console people are loyal too. people just buy more console version if the game is release all at the same time. inb4 that chart where it shows that PC gaming finally took over w/ WoW, moba, and f2p games.

DaedalusEx posted...
But wouldn't Sony make more money from the extra sales on PC than they would from the (presumably) small number of PC-only gamers that would buy a PS4 to play Bloodbourne?

initially and only on that game. but then if they do that for every game there'd be no reason to buy a ps4. also on average games cost more on a console.
#33TES_NutPosted 8/18/2014 4:46:21 AM
Run_2_the_Hills posted...

console people are loyal too. people just buy more console version if the game is release all at the same time. inb4 that chart where it shows that PC gaming finally took over w/ WoW, moba, and f2p games.

You have that backwards, PC gaming was more popular among the hardcore crowd long before consoles caught up. Please learn your gaming history before presuming to lecture people.
---
"Sing of Manetheren, the sword that could not be broken
...Weep for Manetheren. Weep for what is lost forever"
#34SneakiestNegPosted 8/18/2014 6:02:56 AM
I am just glad that a lot of PC rpgs are now also available on consoles. I hate exclusivity. Making ganes is expensive. Recoup your costs by selling to both crowds. Some games ofcourse won't do well. PC hates jrpgs and consoles don't care about strategy games.
#35SneakiestNegPosted 8/18/2014 6:06:54 AM
Sigh people don't just buy consoles for a handful of exclusives. They buy a console because it's cheap and it works.
#36SinisterSlayPosted 8/18/2014 6:10:47 AM
SneakiestNeg posted...
Sigh people don't just buy consoles for a handful of exclusives. They buy a console because it's cheap and it works.

Though last gen kind of ruined that with hardware failures, $60 demos with $200 DLC to get the full game (with at least $10 locked on the disc).
Last gen PC became a lot easier and cheaper.
This gen so far is continuing the trend, although we don't have numbers for reliability yet.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#37Run_2_the_HillsPosted 8/18/2014 6:33:03 AM
TES_Nut posted...
Run_2_the_Hills posted...

You have that backwards, PC gaming was more popular among the hardcore crowd long before consoles caught up. Please learn your gaming history before presuming to lecture people.

good for the loyal hardcore crowd. not like publishers care. numbers are numbers.