This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The lack of FFXV and Dragon Ball: Xenoverse only on PC

#1TurretSyndromePosted 8/14/2014 4:58:55 AM
So I'm really glad that Metal Gear Solid: V is coming to PC. But I just want these two babies to come out for PC. I just don't understand why they have to think twice before releasing these games on PC. It's not like they are exclusive to one console, neither are they being developed under the supervision of Sony or Microsoft.

Look at Xenoverse for example, it's getting released on X360, PS3, XONE and PS4, but not PC? Really? Then you got FFXV developer saying that PC can't handle the game but they go ahead and announce it for XONE and PS4, as if those two perform better than the average PC. I just don't get it.

There are other games as well like Destiny who do the same thing. So, what's your opinion on this? Is there a specific reason to explain why they do this? Why do these people think twice when thinking about developing for PC?
#2NemerlightPosted 8/14/2014 5:06:34 AM
Those games probably dont sell well on PC therefore not worth wasting time and money developing.
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#3AsellusPosted 8/14/2014 5:15:44 AM
Japan's just generally reticent about pc versions, they're coming around.
#4St34lth24Posted 8/14/2014 5:23:53 AM(edited)
The Hell is Xenoverse.
#560fpsPosted 8/14/2014 5:26:53 AM
Nemerlight posted...
Those games probably dont sell well on PC therefore not worth wasting time and money developing.

If Naruto got two games, I don't see how Dragon Ball wouldn't sell. They just aren't bothering with it.
---
Be a True Believer and not a DCeiver!
#6PhilOnDezPosted 8/14/2014 5:27:15 AM
FFXV specifically, if you're referencing what I think you're referencing, wasn't so much "You'd need a top of the line gaming pc to run it" so much as it was "You'll need more than a laptop with integrated graphics to run it" which would be a huge hang up in Japan.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#7ThePaleRiderpPosted 8/14/2014 5:29:48 AM
60fps posted...
Nemerlight posted...

If Naruto got two games, I don't see how Dragon Ball wouldn't sell. They just aren't bothering with it.

Because IIRC Naruto games recently have been selling more than DBZ games. Sad I know.
---
Valar morghulis
#8ThePaleRiderpPosted 8/14/2014 5:31:53 AM
Asellus posted...
Japan's just generally reticent about pc versions, they're coming around.

Yea. Honestly alot of Japanese devs are moving towards mobile gaming. They tend to follow the gaming market in Japan as opposed to everywhere else with the exception of a few.
---
Valar morghulis
#9TropicMoon10Posted 8/14/2014 5:35:57 AM
I always thought Kingdom Hearts to be like Mario and Zelda where the game wouldn't benefit from too powerful hardware. Nintendo never keeps up in the spec department anymore because the artstyles they use are more cartoony than life-like/detailed.

In fact I hope Square doesn't go TOO life-like with KH3. Seeing Disney characters in that way might be creepy. >_>
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#10Zohar_MetatronPosted 8/14/2014 5:50:52 AM
Nemerlight posted...

I don't know about the recent ports of the single-player Final Fantasy games, but VII apparently did well enough to bring along VIII and III (and it wouldn't surprise me if the other Android rereleases hit Steam at some point in the future) and the two MMOs are the most lucrative games in the series and do notably better here then on console. I also recall the Naruto guys saying they were pretty happy with how Full Burst did, hence why the next one's coming this way.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.