This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The lack of FFXV and Dragon Ball: Xenoverse only on PC

#11SinisterSlayPosted 8/14/2014 5:53:34 AM
Zohar_Metatron posted...
Nemerlight posted...
Those games probably dont sell well on PC therefore not worth wasting time and money developing.

I don't know about the recent ports of the single-player Final Fantasy games, but VII apparently did well enough to bring along VIII and III (and it wouldn't surprise me if the other Android rereleases hit Steam at some point in the future) and the two MMOs are the most lucrative games in the series and do notably better here then on console. I also recall the Naruto guys saying they were pretty happy with how Full Burst did, hence why the next one's coming this way.

It is good to see that some departments for Squenix are growing a brain, but others are hemoraging like making timed exclusives for tomb raider.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#12ThePaleRiderpPosted 8/14/2014 5:58:57 AM
Zohar_Metatron posted...
Nemerlight posted...
Those games probably dont sell well on PC therefore not worth wasting time and money developing.

I don't know about the recent ports of the single-player Final Fantasy games, but VII apparently did well enough to bring along VIII and III (and it wouldn't surprise me if the other Android rereleases hit Steam at some point in the future) and the two MMOs are the most lucrative games in the series and do notably better here then on console. I also recall the Naruto guys saying they were pretty happy with how Full Burst did, hence why the next one's coming this way.

Well 7&8 were originally on PC before it's just a re-port of the game. FF3 was the IOS port so there wasn't that much to lose but a lot to gain. Those games stood to gain the most for them because moving them over was not that difficult.
---
Valar morghulis
#13Zohar_MetatronPosted 8/14/2014 6:08:05 AM
SinisterSlay posted...

It is good to see that some departments for Squenix are growing a brain, but others are hemoraging like making timed exclusives for tomb raider.

We're never gonna get hard numbers on that deal, I'm sure....but oh MAN I hope we see hard numbers on that deal. I'm sure timed exclusives work out for all parties sometimes, but I just can't see this being one of those situations.

ThePaleRiderp posted...

Well 7&8 were originally on PC before it's just a re-port of the game. FF3 was the IOS port so there wasn't that much to lose but a lot to gain. Those games stood to gain the most for them because moving them over was not that difficult.

Yeah, but I'm saying there's a market for the genre/franchise on the platform.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#14SinisterSlayPosted 8/14/2014 6:10:41 AM
Zohar_Metatron posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

We're never gonna get hard numbers on that deal, I'm sure....but oh MAN I hope we see hard numbers on that deal. I'm sure timed exclusives work out for all parties sometimes, but I just can't see this being one of those situations.

Yeah, we never get to see PC sales figures either. They are always based on retail.
Look at Warband, it's almost comical.
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/32796/mount-amp-blade-warband/
Total Units

Europe: 0.01m 79.9%
+ Rest of the World: 0.00m 20.1%
= Global 0.01m

Paradox was right, we really don't need retail anymore.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#15Oni_TaedoPosted 8/14/2014 6:42:13 AM
Really, I'm more peeved about there not being a Wii U version of Xenoverse.
I want it, but I want it on a console that I actually WANT.
I have a PS3, but I don't care to buy any games for that. I buy all my games for it used now (due to Sony screwing me over too many time), and never buy DLC for the games I buy for it.

I'd like to support Namco, is what I'm saying. And I can't, if they don't let me.
I'd also buy a PC version, too.
Hell, even if I got the PC version, I'd still buy the Wii U version.

FF15... I haven't liked any of the FFs after FF6 (and I didn't play that until it was on PSN. I played all the others BEFORE playing FF6, and didn't like a single one of them). As a matter of fact, I have never enjoyed a single Square game. They couldn't design a game to save their lives. They even ruined Hitman. Tomb Raider was slightly decent.
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#16SinisterSlayPosted 8/14/2014 7:11:34 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17MyDogSkipPosted 8/14/2014 8:19:39 AM
Given recent trends I wouldn't be too surprised if KH3 and FF15 end up on PC. They're pretty far away right now, anyway. Don't be one of those people who buys a console in advance for one game.

I doubt Xenoverse would ever come to PC, though.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#18MyDogSkipPosted 8/14/2014 8:21:53 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
I'd like to support Namco, is what I'm saying. And I can't, if they don't let me.

It's not their fault you refuse to buy games for PS3 for some idiotic reason.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#19TurretSyndrome(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 1:35:13 PM
MyDogSkip posted...

I doubt Xenoverse would ever come to PC, though.

It just annoys me how it's on all 4 consoles except for PC. I hope it does, I hear it's combat is reminiscent of DBZ BT 3. We can also create our own custom character, something I've always wanted in these games.