This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any way to find an IP Address via comments?

#11AndehPandy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 6:39:58 AM
Shub posted...
I don't know what he's been saying to you, but just calling you and your girlfriend names is probably not enough to press charges.

yeah but doing it on every single platform that me and my girlfriend are on, is harassment.
#12AndehPandy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 6:40:36 AM
HaxnStash posted...
Just like the post above, have you been using the same username?

That or one of your friends (who has access to your pc) or even girlfriend is doing a terrible joke on you.

I dont think it's my girlfriend lol since shes getting the same abuse. I usually use the same handle for all my accounts.
#13arleasPosted 8/14/2014 6:51:24 AM
Well if he happens to harass/stalk you on Gamefaqs you could probably get him banned, though that's a small consolation since he's obviously following you everywhere else.

Otherwise you can check your local government's laws on cyberstalking and harassment and see if there's a case and take action against him. Just out of curiosity, what did you do to this guy to make him so obsessed? Steal his girlfriend?
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#14HaxnStashPosted 8/14/2014 6:56:12 AM(edited)
AndehPandy posted...
HaxnStash posted...

That or one of your friends (who has access to your pc) or even girlfriend is doing a terrible joke on you.

I dont think it's my girlfriend lol since shes getting the same abuse. I usually use the same handle for all my accounts.

That's probably your main problem. If you google your username right now, you'll see a lot of Andehpandy and the thing is, your name is unique so not many will use the same handle.
#15AndehPandy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 6:57:07 AM
arleas posted...
Well if he happens to harass/stalk you on Gamefaqs you could probably get him banned, though that's a small consolation since he's obviously following you everywhere else.

Otherwise you can check your local government's laws on cyberstalking and harassment and see if there's a case and take action against him. Just out of curiosity, what did you do to this guy to make him so obsessed? Steal his girlfriend?

No, nothing like that lol. Unfortunately my girlfriend is a real looker lol. Jealousy i assume is the reason. Since all of the messages always include "Omg i'm glad you had so much fun at (Restaurant). Too bad your girlfriend is cheating on you!" and it's the same thing towards my girlfriend as well. We're really tired of it.
#16AndehPandy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 6:58:10 AM
HaxnStash posted...
AndehPandy posted...
HaxnStash posted...

That's probably your main problem. If you google your username right now, you'll see a lot of Andehpandy and the thing is, your name is unique so not many will use the same handle.

Thanks, I've already started taking measures to change my handle and email address.
#17HaxnStashPosted 8/14/2014 7:01:27 AM
AndehPandy posted...
HaxnStash posted...
AndehPandy posted...
HaxnStash posted...

Thanks, I've already started taking measures to change my handle and email address.

If for some reason he/she is still able to stalk you after using a completely different username, then I don't know what else or how he/she's able to stalk you other than someone who has complete access to your pc.
#18Greendragon854Posted 8/14/2014 7:03:23 AM
I'm sure there's some sub on reddit that is into cyber justice. Maybe they'd be able to help out?
---
"Are you going to buy this time? Or are you still just curious?"
"Well, I supposed you could say I'm Buy-Curious" ~PSN - greeniebeanie
#19pothocketPosted 8/14/2014 7:04:25 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20arleasPosted 8/14/2014 7:08:44 AM
Greendragon854 posted...
I'm sure there's some sub on reddit that is into cyber justice. Maybe they'd be able to help out?

"not your personal army".... oh wait.. that's something else.

I don't know if "cyber justice" is a good idea. It could just escalate things past the point it's at now. If this guy is really looney there's no telling how far he'd go. If there's a law against the stalking/harassment then that would probably be the best course of action since then the guy would have to decide if annoying someone else was worth jail time and/or a fine.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png