This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any way to find an IP Address via comments?

#31SleepComaPosted 8/14/2014 8:23:00 AM(edited)
Lol you suck TC. Here I am. Where's that heffer of yours ? Real looker indeed.
---
It's weird that pirates would go from shore to shore looking for buried treasure,
when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making.
#32arleasPosted 8/14/2014 8:51:52 AM
Steamster posted...
"Cyber justice" doesn't mean you have to go bats*** insane.

It could just help TC get the info he needs to take appropriate measures....

What appropriate measures would you be suggesting?? I could see a group of individuals managing to dox the guy and maybe that might be enough to scare him (since his cloak of anonymity would be gone) or it could force him to kick it up a notch. I'm not necessarily suggesting that the "Cyber justice" people would be going insane... just that anyone who is this mentally unbalanced to spend his time following someone around on the internet to harass them might be even more mentally unbalanced than that.

Get the cops involved, if they can't or won't handle it, then TC should just go into hiding for a while. Up to this point he's been making it easy for the stalker. If the guy is so determined that he can keep stalking him after that point, then I'm sure that would be cause for the cops to get involved.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#33pothocketPosted 8/14/2014 8:56:57 AM
Is Sleepcoma seriously your stalker? Because I was hoping he could answer a question, how pathetic and sad does your life have to become before you start cyber bullying someone?
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#34ChickenAndJuicePosted 8/14/2014 8:59:27 AM
Is Sleepcoma seriously your stalker? Because I was hoping he could answer a question, how pathetic and sad does your life have to become before you start cyber bullying someone?

How sad and gullible do you have to be to actually think he is the stalker? You do realize that he is joking right?

Look at his profile, derpcake
#35Digital StormPosted 8/14/2014 9:01:28 AM
"Cyber Justice" these days usually amounts to "Doxing" the guy and then DDoS/DoSing him.

Neither of which I'd advocate.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#36HappyHippo04Posted 8/14/2014 9:06:26 AM
AndehPandy posted...
I've had a stalker literally hitting up every single one of my pages, commenting abusive stuff to me and my girlfriend. I'm not sure if you're able to track someone's IP address via a comment but if anyone knows how it'd be greatly appreciated. I want to give that IP address to the authorities so they can press charges.

I honestly don't know how this guy is finding all of the stuff i'm signed up for. imgur,yelp, tumblr, you name it, the guy is harassing me there lol

If he knows your real name from Facebook or something he can just Google that and it will bring up all the social media accounts/handles you have that information listed on.

Or he can search for shared user names, etc.
---
PC | Wii U | 3DSXL | Vita
FC: 4639-9367-1408
#37Edavy89Posted 8/14/2014 9:12:35 AM
Also, every site he is visiting and using to post on will have his IP address information. You can always just tell the authorities what is happening and give them the evidence, even without his IP address. if the authorities consider it an actionable offense, they can simply contact the website he is making the posts on and get his IP information from them. Assuming they are US/EU based companies they will have no choice but to give the authorities the information. And even if they are companies who don't HAVE to reveal the info, if contacted by authorities 95% of the time they will happily give them the information anyway.
#38SuperVegito2487Posted 8/14/2014 9:17:42 AM
HappyHippo04 posted...
AndehPandy posted...
I've had a stalker literally hitting up every single one of my pages, commenting abusive stuff to me and my girlfriend. I'm not sure if you're able to track someone's IP address via a comment but if anyone knows how it'd be greatly appreciated. I want to give that IP address to the authorities so they can press charges.

I honestly don't know how this guy is finding all of the stuff i'm signed up for. imgur,yelp, tumblr, you name it, the guy is harassing me there lol

If he knows your real name from Facebook or something he can just Google that and it will bring up all the social media accounts/handles you have that information listed on.

Isnt it possible that he got TC's ip as well?? Thereby tracking said ip.
---
L.J.Gibbs: Rule 42:
"Never accept an apology from someone who just sucker punched you."
#39Worknofun370Posted 8/14/2014 9:21:06 AM(edited)
SuperVegito2487 posted...

You can't track in IP an the manner you're implying. Just having an IP doesn't really do much of anything.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#40Edavy89Posted 8/14/2014 9:30:44 AM
SuperVegito2487 posted...
HappyHippo04 posted...
AndehPandy posted...

It's always possible, but seems incredibly unlikely. I mean, I feel like someone smart enough to obtain someones IP address without having direct access to it via that person frequenting their website; has a lot better ways to spend his time than following him around making "your girlfriend is teh super slut" comments. And if they DO have their own website and obtained TC's ip that way, well, still just doesn't really add up.

I mean, I just don't see why on earth someone with a website would feel the compulsion to take a site visitors IP address so he could cyber-insult him in such a stupid way. I mean, that's the kind of thing someone with *nothing* better to spend their time on does. if they had a website, they already have better ways to spend their time.