This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any way to find an IP Address via comments?

#41SuperVegito2487Posted 8/14/2014 10:47:51 AM
^Ok (not sarcastic or excusing just acknowledging your response)

I still withold my opinion that if it truly is this bad, one should contact the police.

I know the danish number, it is the one you would use for if your house has been broken into and such, but i dont know the numbers for any other countries, HOWEVER google most likely does.

If america add state as well.
---
L.J.Gibbs: Rule 42:
"Never accept an apology from someone who just sucker punched you."
#42pothocketPosted 8/14/2014 10:57:22 AM
Does any other smart ass want to be on my ignore list by acting like a bully in the anti-bully topic?
---
http://i.imgur.com/aBZ2Gww.gif http://i.imgur.com/HnzWmt3.gif
#43Edavy89Posted 8/14/2014 11:00:03 AM
SuperVegito2487 posted...

I still withold my opinion that if it truly is this bad, one should contact the police.

I know the danish number, it is the one you would use for if your house has been broken into and such, but i dont know the numbers for any other countries, HOWEVER google most likely does.

I totally agree. Even if the harassment is just stupidity, it's still harassment. And constantly being harassed even if it is in a really juvenile stupid way, is still really annoying. Even if it isn't anything authorities can really *do* something about, just being contacted by the police is going to instantly shut down that type of behavior from the majority of the people that would do it.

I mean, i know when i was a kid even if I wasn't afraid of the cops, I sure as hell would have been afraid of what my parents would have done if the cops showed up saying they linked online harassment to our address. I pulled something like that and they found out, oh god I can't even imagine the kind of trouble I would have been in. And I can't help but feel this has to be a kid.
#44ChickenAndJuicePosted 8/14/2014 11:05:07 AM
Does any other smart ass want to be on my ignore list by acting like a bully in the anti-bully topic?

"This user pointed out that i'm gullible enough to believe Coma was actually the person who was stalking TC. I'm mad he made me look foolish, so i'll ignore him. That'll teach him!"
#45SuperVegito2487Posted 8/14/2014 11:17:07 AM
Edavy89 posted...

I totally agree. Even if the harassment is just stupidity, it's still harassment. And constantly being harassed even if it is in a really juvenile stupid way, is still really annoying. Even if it isn't anything authorities can really *do* something about, just being contacted by the police is going to instantly shut down that type of behavior from the majority of the people that would do it.

I mean, i know when i was a kid even if I wasn't afraid of the cops, I sure as hell would have been afraid of what my parents would have done if the cops showed up saying they linked online harassment to our address. I pulled something like that and they found out, oh god I can't even imagine the kind of trouble I would have been in. And I can't help but feel this has to be a kid.

The only persons i had truly respect for when i was younger (and the ones i trust the most) are my parents, so i get that feeling. In school if i KNEW i had my parents support for what i wanted to do... id do it, that includes telling a teacher off, however rude i may be, if my parents support me then f*** you because then i would KNOW i was in the right.

ONly ever recall talking to a cop once (well not recall per say but its a story that has been told, and i remember telling it... stuff like that, memory of a memory of a memory type logic) was after a car crash 14 years ago (summer 00), dad driving along on a basic between cities road (80 km/H limit) when someone decides to drive out in front of him... with me (6 at the time) and my sister (who has to have been 2) at the backseet, i told the story once the cops asked, no injuries on our side, unless a red mark by a seatbelt count.

So the fear of the police is never really something ive experienced
This is the location if you are curious.
https://www.google.dk/maps/@55.9359664,9.4755419,1225m/data=!3m1!1e3

we where driving from southeast on this projection and she came at the cross from southwest just straight out not looking ahead. Its a good thing we werent driving too fast...(fyi my dad didnt do anything wrong unlike this video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvLaTupw-hk
---
#46Worknofun370Posted 8/14/2014 11:21:45 AM
In school if i KNEW i had my parents support for what i wanted to do... id do it, that includes telling a teacher off, however rude i may be, if my parents support me then f*** you because then i would KNOW i was in the right.

No disrespect intended (that means i'm likely about to be disrespectful)

But as someone who use to work for a school district for a long time. Students like you were ridiculous to deal with. The belief that "Since my parents are OK with it, it's OK" is not logically sound, and just because your parents are OK with something does not, in anyway, mean you are in the right.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#47KillerTrufflePosted 8/14/2014 11:26:58 AM
Worknofun370 posted...

But as someone who use to work for a school district for a long time. Students like you were ridiculous to deal with. The belief that "Since my parents are OK with it, it's OK" is not logically sound, and just because your parents are OK with something does not, in anyway, mean you are in the right.

That discussion opens up a whole big messy can of worms based on personal experience as well, but yeah, I totally agree.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#48SuperVegito2487Posted 8/14/2014 11:30:56 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
In school if i KNEW i had my parents support for what i wanted to do... id do it, that includes telling a teacher off, however rude i may be, if my parents support me then f*** you because then i would KNOW i was in the right.

No disrespect intended (that means i'm likely about to be disrespectful)

True... apparently i wasnt explaining myself correctly (cause you made me up to be some type i am not, the same with my parents)

Im not one of the types of children that does what they can and then just get away with it...

nonono that post was more in response to teachers that are either dumb, or cant control the children.. LEts say im bullied in class, constantly, the teacher does nothing or worse punishes me, i then start resisting, either with words or not doing said punishment.

I would most likely have parental support in that case, i have always been kinda fearfull or shy of conflicts but if i felt my rights was being broken then i start getting vocal.

Dont really recall any incident with teachers, it was mostly the shcool taxa drivers (some of them where either incompetent, or just downright bully-like themselves)

I cant recall any situations but the idea is (let me see if i just ONCE can get it right, i such at explaining myself) that if im mistreated by an authority figure like a teacher, to a degree myparents wont accept, then i start getting vocal with stuff such as f*** you.
---
#49Worknofun370Posted 8/14/2014 11:31:19 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
That discussion opens up a whole big messy can of worms based on personal experience as well, but yeah, I totally agree.

Oh for sure. Some school districts are flat out crazy man (I've seen things...). So not trying to say they are in the right, or even usually in the right.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#50KillerTrufflePosted 8/14/2014 11:34:29 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

Oh for sure. Some school districts are flat out crazy man (I've seen things...). So not trying to say they are in the right, or even usually in the right.

I've worked in a college system, and we have quite literally had a parent chew us out for her son failing a class. The kid slept through most of his class periods for the class and just didn't attend much, and the mother said it was the school's fault because - no joke - we didn't actually send someone to his room to get him out of bed and drag him to class. What is this, kindergarten? The kid is a friggin' legal adult!

So yeah, parents are pretty often stupid and nowhere near in the right, so that's not a very good scale to judge yourself by - especially when you're using parental support as an excuse to be an ass.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23