This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any way to find an IP Address via comments?

#51Worknofun370Posted 8/14/2014 10:34:44 AM
SuperVegito2487 posted...
True... apparently i wasnt explaining myself correctly (cause you made me up to be some type i am not, the same with my parents)

You're all good :) I know I came off with an attacking tone (I usually suck when it comes to word choices.) Just that phrase was one I've heard more than a few times before, and makes me cringe haha.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#52SuperVegito2487Posted 8/14/2014 10:48:06 AM
Worknofun370 posted...
True... apparently i wasnt explaining myself correctly (cause you made me up to be some type i am not, the same with my parents)

You're all good :) I know I came off with an attacking tone (I usually suck when it comes to word choices.) Just that phrase was one I've heard more than a few times before, and makes me cringe haha.

No you werent, i pretty much knew what kind of person you thought i was in school... so i was in a bit of a (you know where in simpsons they take out the top of their shirt with one finger and that makes a choking sound?, thats the emotion i was getting) moment there...

sadly i dont know the name... really want to cause i know the emotion... as proven.
---
L.J.Gibbs: Rule 42:
"Never accept an apology from someone who just sucker punched you."
#53vogelhutPosted 8/14/2014 11:16:16 AM
Man up you weenie. "waaaaah the cyber bullies are leaving mean comments for me" LOL.
#54AndehPandy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 11:17:20 AM
vogelhut posted...
Man up you weenie. "waaaaah the cyber bullies are leaving mean comments for me" LOL.

It's not really a cyber bully as it is a Cyber stalker lol Obsessed with my girlfriend.
#55SuperVegito2487Posted 8/14/2014 11:19:14 AM
vogelhut posted...

If someone keeps taunting you... constantly, are you saying you WONT get tired of it?

Either its tearjerking but i think its more just downright annoying, AND its illegal.
---
#56dementedlullabyPosted 8/14/2014 11:19:45 AM
vogelhut posted...

Did you really have to log in to an alt account to post that? lulz
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#57SuperVegito2487Posted 8/14/2014 11:20:13 AM
AndehPandy posted...
vogelhut posted...

It's not really a cyber bully as it is a Cyber stalker lol Obsessed with my girlfriend.

3rd time.

I stand by with the cops thing, it would stop it effectively, this is afterall the kind of stuff restraining orders are for... granted online its gonna be a lot more problematic but still...

Shouldnt have to be a doormat for abuse, thats something that pisses me off.
---
#58vogelhutPosted 8/14/2014 11:20:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#59DanPatrickPosted 8/14/2014 11:26:50 AM
back when America was good
there weren't things like "cyberbulling"
we handled things like a man and we grew stronger from it
tc just needs to grow a pair or post pics of his "looker" gf
#60JKatarnPosted 8/14/2014 11:33:26 AM
Edavy89 posted...
HappyHippo04 posted...
AndehPandy posted...
I've had a stalker literally hitting up every single one of my pages, commenting abusive stuff to me and my girlfriend. I'm not sure if you're able to track someone's IP address via a comment but if anyone knows how it'd be greatly appreciated. I want to give that IP address to the authorities so they can press charges.

I honestly don't know how this guy is finding all of the stuff i'm signed up for. imgur,yelp, tumblr, you name it, the guy is harassing me there lol

If he knows your real name from Facebook or something he can just Google that and it will bring up all the social media accounts/handles you have that information listed on.

Or he can search for shared user names, etc.

Isnt it possible that he got TC's ip as well?? Thereby tracking said ip.

It's always possible, but seems incredibly unlikely. I mean, I feel like someone smart enough to obtain someones IP address without having direct access to it via that person frequenting their website; has a lot better ways to spend his time than following him around making "your girlfriend is teh super slut" comments. And if they DO have their own website and obtained TC's ip that way, well, still just doesn't really add up.

I mean, I just don't see why on earth someone with a website would feel the compulsion to take a site visitors IP address so he could cyber-insult him in such a stupid way. I mean, that's the kind of thing someone with *nothing* better to spend their time on does. if they had a website, they already have better ways to spend their time.

You do know it's incredibly easy to register a domain/design a basic website these days right? Hell, most ISPs give their customers some space for that very purpose. And there are more than a few services that provide free hosting with multiple gigs of storage space. Website ownership certainly does not preclude one from mental illness.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES