This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any way to find an IP Address via comments?

#71SuperVegito2487Posted 8/14/2014 12:21:03 PM
JKatarn posted...
SuperVegito2487 posted...
JKatarn posted...
AndehPandy posted...
vogelhut posted...
Man up you weenie. "waaaaah the cyber bullies are leaving mean comments for me" LOL.

It's not really a cyber bully as it is a Cyber stalker lol Obsessed with my girlfriend.

What exactly did you say to this person? Not that I'm condoning cyber bullying/stalking in any way, but even most crazies have some kind of trigger that sets them off, I'm reasonably certain someone just didn't randomly start stalking you without some kind of catalyst, then again, who knows.

try with he is, before obsessed.

This is just a guess mind you.

??? I'm sure, I don't understand what you're trying to say.

The stalker is obsessed with tcs girlfriend.
Again just a possibillity that popped into my head by reading the post the second time
---
L.J.Gibbs: Rule 42:
"Never accept an apology from someone who just sucker punched you."
#72KillerTrufflePosted 8/14/2014 1:24:16 PM
JKatarn posted...
I can just hear it now....

"WHAT?!?!?! YOU WERE FIRED?!?! YOUR BOSS DIDN'T SEND AN ATTENDANT/CHAUFFEUR TO BRING YOU TO WORK" *Dials furiously*

Lol, it always amuses me how some parents seem to think their burnout/screwup children are gems that can do no wrong. It's probably due to them vicariously living out their unfulfilled dreams through their children.

I have actually had parents drag their kids - often 21 and older - in to apply for graduation, the parent (almost always the mother) handles all the paperwork while the kid just sits texting on their phone. And parents take care of transcript requests, take care of following up about their diploma, and basically everything the kid - not kid, ADULT - should be doing themselves. One mother I remember was actually setting up job interviews for her kid. I would almost bet money she went with him to the interviews, and wouldn't be surprised if she actually tried to do his job for him too. :P

Some parents take it WAY too far. But yeah, the "my kid is perfect, it's all of you screwing up" attitude is unfortunately all too common these days.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#73SuperVegito2487Posted 8/14/2014 2:23:53 PM(edited)
KillerTruffle posted...
JKatarn posted...
I can just hear it now....

"WHAT?!?!?! YOU WERE FIRED?!?! YOUR BOSS DIDN'T SEND AN ATTENDANT/CHAUFFEUR TO BRING YOU TO WORK" *Dials furiously*

Lol, it always amuses me how some parents seem to think their burnout/screwup children are gems that can do no wrong. It's probably due to them vicariously living out their unfulfilled dreams through their children.

I have actually had parents drag their kids - often 21 and older - in to apply for graduation, the parent (almost always the mother) handles all the paperwork while the kid just sits texting on their phone. And parents take care of transcript requests, take care of following up about their diploma, and basically everything the kid - not kid, ADULT - should be doing themselves. One mother I remember was actually setting up job interviews for her kid. I would almost bet money she went with him to the interviews, and wouldn't be surprised if she actually tried to do his job for him too. :P

Some parents take it WAY too far. But yeah, the "my kid is perfect, it's all of you screwing up" attitude is unfortunately all too common these days.

I agree... and as "the unwitting instigator" so to speak i can proudly say i, nor my sister, am not amongst them.

Mom has sometimes called my sister princess 2 legs due to what i believe to be basic teenage girl behaviour...

Me? Im a special case, and a punishment for me was not house arrest (not allowed to go out), hell even stue arrest (grounded, cant leave room unless for bathroom break, eating, school and such) wasnt as effective as it should be, considering i liked being in my room, still do.

Thats where i got my stuff which has never been restricted... The closest would be mess (lots of LEGO (im danish fer cryin out loud) Small Cars, Comic Books (specifically donald duck, who is very popular in scandinavia, again danish) and such all over the place, looking not like a bomb area, but like someone threw in 2 grenades (1st one is a proverb, second is my version of said proverb) due to clean zones) that i couldnt clean up... I go completely backwards and more or less lock down mentally when cleaning is mentioned... cant handle it, is related to my "special issue" listed above, and so is my lack of social skills (thats a pretty huge hint btw).

All this means that i didnt exactly move amongst the wrong crowd, and i always did my jobs (so to speak, aside from the issues listed above) so i was the nice kid who didnt get into trouble..

Hell the most extreme thing i was ever in with was being with someone (friendship technically no romance, i dont do that, dont even think i can) who poured soda onto an ATM.

And ive always had respect (and a bit of fear) for my parents, i didnt rule them, they ruled me.
---
#74SuperVegito2487Posted 8/14/2014 2:25:35 PM
Basically normally i respect/fear authority but if they break the line (a line in which i know they have broken it and will be able to get my parents support) then, everythings fair...

Thats the idea but its REALLY hard to explain...

damnit
---
#75HighOnPhazonPosted 8/14/2014 2:33:42 PM
My Wife is a teacher of Chemistry at a local High School.

She has parents every single semester who call her and harass her because their kids are getting C's and D's in class. They literally never do their homework, never pass quizzes and do not participate in labs, but because they get Straight A's in Weight Training/Gym and Finger Painting (I'm being slightly sarcastic about the classes, but you get my drift) that they obviously would never get a C in Chemistry!

She also has students who, instead of taking her class or the AP Chemistry class, insist on taking the AP Chemistry test every year. These kids fail, and their parents take it out on my wife, EVERY TIME.
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#76KillerTrufflePosted 8/14/2014 2:38:17 PM
^ Unfortunately, that's the new standard it seems... "it's *anyone* else's fault but mine/my kid's."

Parents are horrible these days. :P
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#77SuperVegito2487Posted 8/14/2014 2:39:26 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...

She has parents every single semester who call her and harass her because their kids are getting C's and D's in class. They literally never do their homework, never pass quizzes and do not participate in labs, but because they get Straight A's in Weight Training/Gym and Finger Painting (I'm being slightly sarcastic about the classes, but you get my drift) that they obviously would never get a C in Chemistry!

She also has students who, instead of taking her class or the AP Chemistry class, insist on taking the AP Chemistry test every year. These kids fail, and their parents take it out on my wife, EVERY TIME.

Admittedly i have truly never heard of these cases on any school i went too (that being 3... the first one being kinda s****ty and not able to handle my case, which is probably why since that was only grades 0,1,2) but isnt there SOMETHING you can do??

At the exams i did take i got straight 10 (5 exams (3 actually with 2 of them split in 2) 5 10)

thats the new 12 scala which means i got B... as a gamer im not proud of that but my parents are... actually got a gift for that, was truly NOT expecting that.

But yeah i do recall someone having this policy but not clearly.
Had a classmate with an on/off relationship. While it was a girl, its not in the way you expect

no in this case it was do i hate you or do i not hate you... had a tendency to provoke me and when she then went home telling, her mom got angry, called mine, but because i didnt start it, i wasnt punished.

I believe that was when she stood in my way and i just took her by the arms and moved her (literally, i dont punch)
---
#78Edavy89Posted 8/14/2014 2:52:03 PM
JKatarn posted...
Edavy89 posted...
HappyHippo04 posted...
AndehPandy posted...
I've had a stalker literally hitting up every single one of my pages, commenting abusive stuff to me and my girlfriend. I'm not sure if you're able to track someone's IP address via a comment but if anyone knows how it'd be greatly appreciated. I want to give that IP address to the authorities so they can press charges.

I honestly don't know how this guy is finding all of the stuff i'm signed up for. imgur,yelp, tumblr, you name it, the guy is harassing me there lol

If he knows your real name from Facebook or something he can just Google that and it will bring up all the social media accounts/handles you have that information listed on.

Or he can search for shared user names, etc.

Isnt it possible that he got TC's ip as well?? Thereby tracking said ip.

It's always possible, but seems incredibly unlikely. I mean, I feel like someone smart enough to obtain someones IP address without having direct access to it via that person frequenting their website; has a lot better ways to spend his time than following him around making "your girlfriend is teh super slut" comments. And if they DO have their own website and obtained TC's ip that way, well, still just doesn't really add up.

I mean, I just don't see why on earth someone with a website would feel the compulsion to take a site visitors IP address so he could cyber-insult him in such a stupid way. I mean, that's the kind of thing someone with *nothing* better to spend their time on does. if they had a website, they already have better ways to spend their time.

You do know it's incredibly easy to register a domain/design a basic website these days right? Hell, most ISPs give their customers some space for that very purpose. And there are more than a few services that provide free hosting with multiple gigs of storage space. Website ownership certainly does not preclude one from mental illness.

That's true, anyone can potentially be very messed up in the head. My point was more along the lines of the type of comments tc is having issues with, and the big picture of the situation overall. I wasn't saying it wasn't possible, so much as it just doesn't really make sense in this particular scenario.
#79HighOnPhazonPosted 8/14/2014 3:12:43 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...

Admittedly i have truly never heard of these cases on any school i went too (that being 3... the first one being kinda s****ty and not able to handle my case, which is probably why since that was only grades 0,1,2) but isnt there SOMETHING you can do??

At the exams i did take i got straight 10 (5 exams (3 actually with 2 of them split in 2) 5 10)

thats the new 12 scala which means i got B... as a gamer im not proud of that but my parents are... actually got a gift for that, was truly NOT expecting that.

But yeah i do recall someone having this policy but not clearly.
Had a classmate with an on/off relationship. While it was a girl, its not in the way you expect

no in this case it was do i hate you or do i not hate you... had a tendency to provoke me and when she then went home telling, her mom got angry, called mine, but because i didnt start it, i wasnt punished.

I believe that was when she stood in my way and i just took her by the arms and moved her (literally, i dont punch)

Ok I read your response to my post, and I did not understand it at all.

Are you ok?
---
PC Gaming - The Only Way
i5 3570K / ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 / Patriot Viper 8GB /Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB/ Corsair TX650
#80matu90rkPosted 8/14/2014 3:24:04 PM(edited)
Cheeki Breeki, TC.