This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any way to find an IP Address via comments?

#81KillerTrufflePosted 8/14/2014 4:28:18 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
Ok I read your response to my post, and I did not understand it at all.

I think he was more giving his own example of how his parents react to his grades, as opposed to the example of your wife - I suspect more to show that he and his family *aren't* one of those we've been talking about. heh
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#82SuperVegito2487Posted 8/14/2014 4:43:25 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...
Ok I read your response to my post, and I did not understand it at all.

I think he was more giving his own example of how his parents react to his grades, as opposed to the example of your wife - I suspect more to show that he and his family *aren't* one of those we've been talking about. heh

That WAS the idea, but
A, i suck at explaining things, doesnt help that this is IN WRITING
B, when im nervous i either end up not saying s*** until i get comfortable, or (and this one also goes under excitement... i think) i start blabbering like a waterfall.

C, since i have a distase for those types as well (was a bully victim in school and so where my parents, so LOT of support there but with incompetent headmasters and non physical bullying, there wasnt much to do. Was promised late on (last class i ever went in, that was 2 or 3 years) that if i was hit just once there would be police involved... Never did happen, which im a bit sad about (being a bully victim seems to make you a bit sadistic on the revenge front). i REALLY dont wanna appear like one.

Same with hypocrite and arrogant, i really want to avoid it.

And no, aside from A, B, and C, theres nothing wrong... aside from something nobody can change anyways (maybe a depression as well but thats a maybe so it cant confirm for anything)
---
L.J.Gibbs: Rule 42:
"Never accept an apology from someone who just sucker punched you."
#83SnipeStarPosted 8/14/2014 8:02:20 PM
its probably someone you know/ that knows you really well
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#84JKatarnPosted 8/14/2014 9:48:55 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
JKatarn posted...
I can just hear it now....

"WHAT?!?!?! YOU WERE FIRED?!?! YOUR BOSS DIDN'T SEND AN ATTENDANT/CHAUFFEUR TO BRING YOU TO WORK" *Dials furiously*

Lol, it always amuses me how some parents seem to think their burnout/screwup children are gems that can do no wrong. It's probably due to them vicariously living out their unfulfilled dreams through their children.

I have actually had parents drag their kids - often 21 and older - in to apply for graduation, the parent (almost always the mother) handles all the paperwork while the kid just sits texting on their phone. And parents take care of transcript requests, take care of following up about their diploma, and basically everything the kid - not kid, ADULT - should be doing themselves. One mother I remember was actually setting up job interviews for her kid. I would almost bet money she went with him to the interviews, and wouldn't be surprised if she actually tried to do his job for him too. :P

Some parents take it WAY too far. But yeah, the "my kid is perfect, it's all of you screwing up" attitude is unfortunately all too common these days.

Wow, and then you think about those kids/people that have the smarts/drive and really WANT to go to college/would actually benefit from it and couldn't because of their financial situation etc, must be infuriating for them to hear anecdotes like that.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES