This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honestly, console gaming doesn't offer anything PC can't offer these days.

#1Jedi454Posted 8/14/2014 9:00:12 AM
I sold my Xbox One recently, I was incredibly unhappy with it, then I decided build a PC and now i'm a lot happier. There are tonnes of games on PC, for incredibly good prices, you can play at the resolution or frame rate or other settings you want, you don't have to pay to play online, you can hook up your PC to your TV and use it the same way you would use a console and you can use controllers if you want to with a lot of newer games.

I don't see any appeal in console gaming now, the exclusives only available on console don't justify the purchase for me. The Xbox One and Playstation 4 basically work as a weak PC with less features. I think we'll see consoles eventually fade away and PC will completely dominate the market within 10-15 years time.

Anyone else feel the same way?
#2godplaysSNESPosted 8/14/2014 9:01:04 AM
The only thing PC is really missing out on is Nintendo's games
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#3cosmicstarfish1Posted 8/14/2014 9:03:16 AM
while i mostly agree im a huge halo fan and that plus gears and other Xbox exclusives are the reason i got it
---
GT: xDeadheadx420 Steam ID: octillery12293 3DS FC- 3969-4186-9416
#4Bossdog421Posted 8/14/2014 9:06:01 AM(edited)
http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/pc-games-have-surpassed-console-games-globally/033849

Few months old but yeah.

The only thing consoles offer over PC is console exclusives.
---
Type into Google - do a barrel roll
#5JKatarnPosted 8/14/2014 9:05:54 AM
That really depends, if you enjoy the exclusives on consoles and there enough of them, that alone makes the console worth a purchase. For instance, it's far more likely that hell will freeze over than modern Nintendo games seeing release on the PC, and their games are unique/entertaining enough IMO that they make owning a 3DS/Wii-U worthwhile.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#6SinisterSlayPosted 8/14/2014 9:09:06 AM
This topic feels like troll and/or circle jerk bait.

*grabs popcorn*
Please continue.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7TropicMoon10Posted 8/14/2014 9:11:47 AM
I used to like consoles for the simplicity; all I needed was the device and disc. But it seems like online interaction is becoming more and more of a required thing. And stuff like system updates and game installs are really common now.

These are things PCs had for a much longer time, but consoles didn't for the sake of convenience. This generation of Xbox/Playstation systems have turned into a weird mutation of consoles and computers. They try to be both, but they sort of fail at both too.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#8jake-sfPosted 8/14/2014 9:19:34 AM(edited)
Plus, PCs have become much simpler and the standardization of software-hardware means games work more reliably than before. Heck, they even get plug & play 360 controller support as standard these days.

Its true that that difference between PC & console is just blurring away.

If only the world had no exclusives, we would have no real use for consoles. But what can we do when big ass companies want to control the market and deny everyone else.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#9Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 9:23:58 AM
SinisterSlay posted...
This topic feels like troll and/or circle jerk bait.

*grabs popcorn*
Please continue.

How is this a troll topic? Are you a child?
#10a687947Posted 8/14/2014 9:26:23 AM
Except for the majority of exclusive franchises by Microsoft studios, only a small number come to PC.