This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honestly, console gaming doesn't offer anything PC can't offer these days.

#101KillerTrufflePosted 8/14/2014 2:13:18 PM
GeminiX7 posted...
Why do you care so much?

You say this as though console trolls don't constantly pop up around here with stupid topics about how consoles are superior.

Regardless, I think threads like this one are just as pointless and sad... who cares which one is objectively 'better?' It's absolutely all about what you enjoy playing and how. No one else can tell you what you should or shouldn't enjoy.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#102deathszxPosted 8/14/2014 2:23:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#103Tucker_BAPosted 8/14/2014 2:26:55 PM
foxyReyoko posted...
Except comfort, exclusives, and more $ in your wallet

Haha, o wow
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjD6wo9BIyM
#104FrozenEvil1Posted 8/14/2014 2:39:24 PM
I agree. It's just the price difference. And my friends are too stupid to use pc. Literally.
"How do I install the game?" Cmon, really?

Or the wonderful argument of "I prefer controller to mouse and keyboard" and when I respond with showing them my 360 controller plugged into my pc "but it doesn't work for EVERY game" so I show how support for controllers is increasing "seems like too much hassle" f*** it then. Lets play the crappy, diluted version of every game. I love paying extra for substandard service.
#105Kageblade23Posted 8/14/2014 2:40:29 PM
Jedi454 posted...
I sold my Xbox One recently, I was incredibly unhappy with it, then I decided build a PC and now i'm a lot happier. There are tonnes of games on PC, for incredibly good prices, you can play at the resolution or frame rate or other settings you want, you don't have to pay to play online, you can hook up your PC to your TV and use it the same way you would use a console and you can use controllers if you want to with a lot of newer games.

I don't see any appeal in console gaming now, the exclusives only available on console don't justify the purchase for me. The Xbox One and Playstation 4 basically work as a weak PC with less features. I think we'll see consoles eventually fade away and PC will completely dominate the market within 10-15 years time.

Anyone else feel the same way?

you could have just modded the xbox and done the same thing...

also comparing a pc built from the ground up to a console which is built with specifications to a blue print isnt exactly being fair...if you want to compare what a modded console can do to a custom built pc thats a little more fair... but a modded console can emulate other consoles so....yeah
---
3DSFC:1521-2934-6738, PSN(PS3/Vita):KagE_BLadE23, GT(360):KaGEBlade23
#106PolypherusPosted 8/14/2014 3:02:14 PM
SleepComa posted...
Just wish gears of war was on PC. I enjoyed those games with friends and what not.

The 1st one is on PC you know, dunno about the other ones.
#107PolypherusPosted 8/14/2014 3:05:09 PM
Tucker_BA posted...
foxyReyoko posted...
Except comfort, exclusives, and more $ in your wallet

Haha, o wow

the more $ in your your walllet IS false. You pay Subscription fees monthly while on PC you dont and the games are a lot cheaper.
#108The_InebriatorPosted 8/14/2014 3:34:09 PM
Ok I'm gonna set myself up for massive ridicule here, but this is something I've always been curious about. How does a mouse work for FPS games? I've only played a few older PC FPS (Doom and Wolfenstein) and I remember using the keyboard arrows to move and aim which was awful. I hear it all the time nowadays that mice are much better for FPS (which I can't offer an opinion on since I've never tried it). Do you scroll with the mouse to aim just like you scroll to move the arrow? If so, how do you move your character?

Again I apologize for my obvious ignorance on the matter. It's just something I've always wondered about and this seemed like a good place to ask.
---
I have not yet begun to procrastinate.
#109SilentS89Posted 8/14/2014 3:48:09 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
...who cares which one is objectively 'better?'...

Perhaps, and this might be crazy, but perhaps consumers.

"objectively better" seems like pretty logical criteria to look for if you want the best deal.
#110KillerTrufflePosted 8/14/2014 3:49:27 PM
Mouse is by far the most accurate and responsive control scheme for FPS.

Your view moves in the direction you move the mouse. Move up to look up, left to look left, etc. Moving your character is done by the keyboard - usually WSAD for forward/reverse and left/right.

The reason this scheme ends up being superior is that with an analog stick on a gamepad, there is an absolute maximum speed at which you can turn. The analog signal is simply translated into a vector - a rate at which you should turn in a specific direction. The farther you push the stick, the faster you look.

The mouse, on the other hand, is direct movement translation as opposed to a vector. If you move your mouse in a certain direction, your view will rotate proportionally to that movement. If you move the mouse slowly, your view rotates slowly. If you jerk your mouse over, your view nearly instantaneously turns that direction. Snap movements are possible with a mouse that are not with an analog stick.

You also have much more fine control with a mouse than you do an analog stick. Rather than just your thumb, all of your fingertips and even your wrist work together and provide much more precision than even the best gamepad users can accomplish.

Lots of people criticize the keyboard as inferior to an analog stick for movement, since the movement keys are basically "on" or "off," usually with a third key to toggle run or walk. Analog, on the other hand, gives you the full range of movement speed, smoothly scaling from barely a crawl to run. Thing is, I have yet to see any game where you really need more than two or maybe three movement speeds - the scaled movement is fairly superfluous. The earlier Splinter Cell games actually did provide scaled movement on PC, by using the mouse scroll wheel to set speed. It worked fine, but it was unnecessary, as most people even then rarely did much more than slow or fast. Similarly, there is virtually never a situation where you're at a disadvantage because you only have 8 directional choices as opposed to a smooth, full 360 degrees of movement. A gamepad's ability to strafe at a 56 degree angle doesn't provide any tangible benefit at all over strafing at either 45 or 90 on a keyboard.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23