This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honestly, console gaming doesn't offer anything PC can't offer these days.

#111KillerTrufflePosted 8/14/2014 3:53:52 PM
SilentS89 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
...who cares which one is objectively 'better?'...

Perhaps, and this might be crazy, but perhaps consumers.

"objectively better" seems like pretty logical criteria to look for if you want the best deal.

Except you're talking about something that is highly *subjective*. The fact that KB/mouse is an objectively superior control method for FPS isn't going to matter to someone who prefers to play platformers, and the fact that PC is objectively superior to consoles in many (if not most) ways isn't going to matter to someone who wants to play iNfamous or Halo Reach.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#112DAP1MP13Posted 8/14/2014 3:55:00 PM
Playing devil's advocate here….

People don't want to buy a new video card every year.

People don't want to pay $1k+ for a gaming device. Then they don't want to pay $100 for a gaming mouse, $100 for a gaming keyboard.

They don't want to pay all that just to play $5 indie games they can play on their phone.

No one wants a computer tower next to their tv in the living room, that would be ridiculous.

People sit at a desk all day during work, the last thing they want to do is come home and sit at a computer desk to "unwind."

You play video games? Cool, maybe we can share games or maybe play together sometime.

Vs.

You play games on your computer? Lol, loser….

Once again, just playing devil's advocate.
---
NYC. The City never sleeps, it's full of villains and creeps, it's where I learned to do my hustle, had to scuffle with freaks.
PSN/360/Steam ID: DAP1MP13
#113stampedefootPosted 8/14/2014 4:01:03 PM
Wii U+PC = best gaming combo.
---
3ds fc 1805-2209-2574. "No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me" -Sonic
#114arleasPosted 8/14/2014 4:01:59 PM
DAP1MP13 posted...

People don't want to pay $1k+ for a gaming device. Then they don't want to pay $100 for a gaming mouse, $100 for a gaming keyboard.

They don't want to pay all that just to play $5 indie games they can play on their phone.

No one wants a computer tower next to their tv in the living room, that would be ridiculous.

People sit at a desk all day during work, the last thing they want to do is come home and sit at a computer desk to "unwind."

You play video games? Cool, maybe we can share games or maybe play together sometime.

Vs.

You don't have to buy a new video card every year or every other year... there's no requirement to buy a $100 mouse or a $100 keyboard to play games... and if you're going to argue that these people want to play $5 indie games, they can do that with integrated graphics, a $8 walmart keyboard and a $10 mouse (or an Xbox controller even).

I don't see what's ridiculous about having a PC in the living room any more than having a console... you can easily hide/disguise both if you're afraid of being judged by someone else.

There's no requirement to sit at a desk to play games. I'm sitting in my bed as I type this.

As for "you play games on your computer? LOL loser"... those people would just as likely call you a loser for playing on handheld or consoles... unless of course by "Devil's Advocate" you mean that consoles are the devil.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png
#115samuraigaidenPosted 8/14/2014 4:02:04 PM
TC, you are wrong. Consoles offer higher priced games, paid online functionalities, games that can only be played in one generation of hardware, etc.

There's a bunch of stuff consoles offer that PC doesn't.

:P
---
RESPECT THE DONKEY LORE!
#116GraviteerPosted 8/14/2014 4:05:56 PM
I still remember when I had to use a joystick to play Descent and Hi-Octane (the latter because it was a preference). Racing games like Whiplash, Screamer and Death Rally were great with keys, though I think PC came to its own in the Dreamcast years, with Half-Life, Thief, Quake III Arena, Unreal Tournament, Descent 3, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Free Space 2, among others. After that the mouse and keyboard combo became too common for PC games that were meant for consoles, like Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia from the 6th generation, but with plug and play today, and with modding and indie communities, there's no reason to feel attached to consoles. And now I'm wishing we'd explore old gameplay styles with current controllers.
---
When authors create they sign.
When editors hack they design.
#117KillerTrufflePosted 8/14/2014 4:08:22 PM(edited)
DAP1MP13 posted...

So don't. I don't, and I still play games on high or med-high settings almost all the time. I might do two GPU upgrades over the typical life of a console.

Then don't pay $1k+. You can get a fully capable gaming machine for less. And you don't need $100 KB/mouse either. A G400s runs in the neighborhood of $40-50 - easily on par with a controller for any of the consoles.

Good luck playing Star Citizen or Planetary Annihilation on your phone - or finding them for $5.

So make it smaller... HTPC size can still play games, and looks roughly the size of a console.

So play PC games from your couch.

You play PC games? Cool. What's your Steam tag? I just picked up a crapload from the last sale, let's play something. Or even play any of the free games out there like TF2. And isn't it great that we don't have to pay an extra monthly fee to play all this stuff online?

Not much of an advocate then, spouting all the same tripe typical console trolls do...
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#118Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 4:09:13 PM
DAP1MP13 posted...

Vs.

I spent $987 Australian Dollars on my PC, that i'll get at least 4-5 years of use without upgrading, due to being able to Overclock my GPU and my CPU. My CPU has a 3 year warranty in case anything goes wrong, my power supply has a 5 year warranty, my GPU has a 3 year warranty, my motherboard has 3 year warranty and my RAM has a lifetime warranty in case anything goes wrong.

I Bought a Keyboard and Mouse combo for $75. I have my Tower in my living room hooked up to next my TV in it's unit. The Keyboard and Mouse combo I have is wireless and I game from the couch, I can also switch out and use a lot of games with a controller with ease. Steam can also actively be used as a controller based OS if you switch it to "Big Picture". Games are significantly cheaper, I don't have to leave my home just to buy games, when they're available on a lot of marketplaces.

You can't stereotype PC gaming into the chair and desk set up anymore. I'll fire up some pics later once i've cleaned my lounge area.
#119DAP1MP13Posted 8/14/2014 4:09:21 PM
arleas posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...

Vs.

You don't have to buy a new video card every year or every other year... there's no requirement to buy a $100 mouse or a $100 keyboard to play games... and if you're going to argue that these people want to play $5 indie games, they can do that with integrated graphics, a $8 walmart keyboard and a $10 mouse (or an Xbox controller even).

I don't see what's ridiculous about having a PC in the living room any more than having a console... you can easily hide/disguise both if you're afraid of being judged by someone else.

There's no requirement to sit at a desk to play games. I'm sitting in my bed as I type this.

As for "you play games on your computer? LOL loser"... those people would just as likely call you a loser for playing on handheld or consoles... unless of course by "Devil's Advocate" you mean that consoles are the devil.

Oh, no lol. I'm not making those arguments at all. But those are what console gamers are probably think as they read this thread.

I don't care much for all this… sony pony, xbot, nintendrone, pc master race, crap (although the PC people are usually the most annoying).

I play whatever games I like, on which ever platform I enjoy. Unless money is an issue, why would you limit yourself?
---
NYC. The City never sleeps, it's full of villains and creeps, it's where I learned to do my hustle, had to scuffle with freaks.
#120DAP1MP13Posted 8/14/2014 4:12:17 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...

So don't. I don't, and I still play games on high or med-high settings almost all the time. I might do two GPU upgrades over the typical life of a console.

Then don't pay $1k+. You can get a fully capable gaming machine for less. And you don't need $100 KB/mouse either. A G400s runs in the neighborhood of $40-50 - easily on par with a controller for any of the consoles.

Good luck playing Star Citizen or Planetary Annihilation on your phone - or finding them for $5.

So make it smaller... HTPC size can still play games, and looks roughly the size of a console.

So play PC games from your couch.

You play PC games? Cool. What's your Steam tag? I just picked up a crapload from the last sale, let's play something. Or even play any of the free games out there like TF2. And isn't it great that we don't have to pay an extra monthly fee to play all this stuff online?

Not much of an advocate then, spouting all the same tripe typical console trolls do...

Well, that's why I said "playing," I'm not an advocate, so don't mistake me for one.
---