This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honestly, console gaming doesn't offer anything PC can't offer these days.

#131JKatarnPosted 8/14/2014 7:33:45 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
abdou posted...
Hahahaah. why do PC gamers have to keep telling themselves this? consoles and PC have been around for decades, GET OVER IT.

You are welcome.

I actually really don't understand why we keep ending up with topics like this every so often. Most of us are plenty secure with our gaming preferences, so I really don't see any point at all in this sort of topic.

Because insecure/uncertain people need to reassure themselves that their preferences/purchases are the "right" ones.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#132JKatarnPosted 8/14/2014 7:39:57 PM
DAP1MP13 posted...
Playing devil's advocate here….

People don't want to buy a new video card every year.

People don't want to pay $1k+ for a gaming device. Then they don't want to pay $100 for a gaming mouse, $100 for a gaming keyboard.

They don't want to pay all that just to play $5 indie games they can play on their phone.

No one wants a computer tower next to their tv in the living room, that would be ridiculous.

People sit at a desk all day during work, the last thing they want to do is come home and sit at a computer desk to "unwind."

You play video games? Cool, maybe we can share games or maybe play together sometime.

Vs.

You play games on your computer? Lol, loser….

Once again, just playing devil's advocate.

You don't need to upgrade every year unless you want to absolutely max out every game, which isn't necessary to have a multiplat experience that is superior to the console version, you don't need expensive peripherals (and I might add they make expensive controllers, headsets etc. for consoles as well), you can easily hook your computer to your TV via HDMI, and anybody who would judge someone based on their preferred platform (assuming the person being judged isn't a douche) alone is truly an immature loser.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
#133DAP1MP13Posted 8/14/2014 7:41:53 PM
JKatarn posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...

People don't want to pay $1k+ for a gaming device. Then they don't want to pay $100 for a gaming mouse, $100 for a gaming keyboard.

They don't want to pay all that just to play $5 indie games they can play on their phone.

No one wants a computer tower next to their tv in the living room, that would be ridiculous.

People sit at a desk all day during work, the last thing they want to do is come home and sit at a computer desk to "unwind."

You play video games? Cool, maybe we can share games or maybe play together sometime.

Vs.

You don't need to upgrade every year unless you want to absolutely max out every game, which isn't necessary to have a multiplat experience that is superior to the console version, you don't need expensive peripherals (and I might add they make expensive controllers, headsets etc. for consoles as well), you can easily hook your computer to your TV via HDMI, and anybody who would judge someone based on their preferred platform (assuming the person being judged isn't a douche) alone is truly an immature loser.

Check out my last few posts above yours.
---
NYC. The City never sleeps, it's full of villains and creeps, it's where I learned to do my hustle, had to scuffle with freaks.
PSN/360/Steam ID: DAP1MP13
#134JKatarnPosted 8/14/2014 7:45:21 PM
DAP1MP13 posted...
JKatarn posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...

Vs.

Yep, checked it. I think it comes down to the fact that there are a LOT of willfully ignorant people out there (http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Willful_ignorance). Yes, there are a few downsides to PC gaming but I think they're blown way out of proportion. There is a bit of occasional troubleshooting to do, but with the resources available on the Internet most problems can be remedied in short order.
---
#135DAP1MP13Posted 8/14/2014 8:02:10 PM
JKatarn posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...
JKatarn posted...
DAP1MP13 posted...

Vs.

Yep, checked it. I think it comes down to the fact that there are a LOT of willfully ignorant people out there (http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Willful_ignorance). Yes, there are a few downsides to PC gaming but I think they're blown way out of proportion. There is a bit of occasional troubleshooting to do, but with the resources available on the Internet most problems can be remedied in short order.

I agree with you totally. I've been my own (with the help of various forums) customer support since 1998..... =D
---
NYC. The City never sleeps, it's full of villains and creeps, it's where I learned to do my hustle, had to scuffle with freaks.
PSN/360/Steam ID: DAP1MP13
#136Garage_ManPosted 8/14/2014 8:08:46 PM
Youa re getting there Jedi! Now get a PS4 for them gamescom exclusives and you are set. Who cares that they are underpowered...Them look to be the best games I've seen in a freaking decade..I really suggest everyone to take a look at the Sony conference.

PC+Sony for this guy.
#137TheEntitledOnePosted 8/14/2014 9:03:59 PM
Only thing is there are games held hostage by the so-called "big three" using a business model that is losing them money.
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!
#138Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 9:06:22 PM
Garage_Man posted...
Youa re getting there Jedi! Now get a PS4 for them gamescom exclusives and you are set. Who cares that they are underpowered...Them look to be the best games I've seen in a freaking decade..I really suggest everyone to take a look at the Sony conference.

PC+Sony for this guy.

Nah bro, consoles aren't for me anymore.

TheEntitledOne posted...
Only thing is there are games held hostage by the so-called "big three" using a business model that is losing them money.

Exactly, I understand Nintendo. not so much Sony and Microsoft. Nintendo is behind with the times though.
#139ArkonBladePosted 8/15/2014 12:06:41 AM
If consoles didn't have console exclusives. PC would have a clean sweep victory over them. That's the only reason I still look at buying the new ones. PC dominates in ever other area.
---
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#140SetzeraPosted 8/15/2014 12:21:46 AM
I agree, PC is the overall best choice, but I still own a Wii U and PS4 (and PS3 for now), to play a few games that PC isn't actually getting.

Definitely glad to see PC getting more games now though, I'd gladly take them there if I could.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |