This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honestly, console gaming doesn't offer anything PC can't offer these days.

#31SuperVegito2487Posted 8/14/2014 9:59:47 AM
To my chagrin this is NOT the case.

Basically there are still very much console exclusives and i like way too many of them.

Here i will list all games i OWN that are console exclusives for 360/ps4/3ds/vita,
(if i had to check every game i have ever played i would need to search through my achievement/trophy lists which are just too long)
which are my main consoles so to speak.

I DO own a ps2 (which due to backwards compatibillity also includes ps1) and the 3ds also allows ds games, and SHOULD allow full gbc, gba compatibillity, it has the hardware, i dont believe it not to.

14 games... 12 for 360 and 32for ps4 (the latters being infamous and the last of us)

The majority being dbz and naruto games, and ONLY the latter has debuted on pc, with one game atm (2 after 9/11 this year... unfortunate (or funny) circumstances i know)
---
L.J.Gibbs: Rule 42:
"Never accept an apology from someone who just sucker punched you."
#32greywolf00Posted 8/14/2014 10:08:20 AM
Obviously exclusives but they've been mentioned to death so I'll point out ease of use. All Xbox 1s/PS 4s use the same hardware which isn't true for PC. For example Risen 3 just came out and some people are having bad stuttering problems and others can't even launch the game. Granted PB has a pretty poor track record for buggy releases but this is still a PC issue consoles don't have to deal with. Drivers are another thing some people can find annoying to manage.

That said, I'll take the PC over a console anytime.
#33ZeroX91Posted 8/14/2014 10:16:33 AM
Console gaming (other than say for exclusives) is a convenience thing not everyone has the necessary knowledge to go in and swap out graphics cards, ect. and way more cost effective than say buying a gaming pc or laptop.
#34OldDirtyCRPosted 8/14/2014 10:18:47 AM
I love my gaming PC but this topic is just ignorant and it's pretty much flamebait for the console fanyboys to come in here and fight with you.

Consoles bring stuff to the table. Obviously exclusive games, especially when you look at a console like the Wii U which survives mostly off first party exclusives. Good luck playing Zelda wii U, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3d World, Tropical Freeze, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, X (when it comes out), Smash Bros (soon), etc on the PC. Even the ps4/One will have worthy exclusives. Many people are fans of the halo, forza, uncharted, ratchet and clank, Red Dead, etc series. I definitely am.

Also I tend to find that it's easier to play with real life friends online via console than PC. Most people I know don't own a gaming pc and they play games via console. So to play with my real friends I have to play on the console.

In 2 years when more exclusives are out there will definitely be some great reasons to own the new consoles if you can afford them. For now I'm sticking with PC and WIi U
---
3DS FC - 5069-5350-3668
#35Shinobi120Posted 8/14/2014 10:26:31 AM(edited)
Hagan posted...
PC gaming is superior, the only reason I have a PS4 is for Destiny (I played TLOU:R, but I don't think that is a system seller), the only problem I have with PC gaming is that when a game is released multiplat and I get it for PC, the PC community always dies out pretty quickly.

That's because the community for most multiplat games are on consoles, especially genres like JRPG's & fighting games. The community for genres like those are mostly on Playstation consoles than on either PC or Xbox consoles.

ljobenza posted...
Most Japanese games since Japan doesn't care about PC unless they're eroges.

Also this.
#36Asthenia182Posted 8/14/2014 10:22:32 AM
I own a console for several reasons, first that comes to mind is that I haven't met anyone who games on PC in many years, it's so much easier to find people to play with on consoles. I also have no interest in low budget games and indies, the kind of games that I would want to play couldn't be played on a cheap computer. A new console from current gen costs about the same as a cheap computer and I'll never have to buy parts to run new games. Netflix is more convenient on consoles, and I also have a pretty large Blu Ray collection. No maintenance or cleaning is needed, so long as you give it room to breathe it can just sit in the same spot for 8 years.

It's getting to a point in time where smart phones, tablets, gaming consoles, and even TVs can do a lot of the things that we used to do on our computers. So buying another platform just for gaming makes no sense for people like me, neither does trading in my console.
---
XP>
#37TheMove2Posted 8/14/2014 10:23:31 AM
godplaysSNES posted...
The only thing PC is really missing out on is Nintendo's games

Sport games.
#38Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/14/2014 10:24:16 AM
*phew*
And here I was worrying about PCH not reaching its reassurance quota of the day.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#39dementedlullabyPosted 8/14/2014 10:24:49 AM
My PC is my platform of choice but I still like my consoles and handhelds. I have the XBone, 3DS, Vita and ordered the Destiny edition PS4. Not to mention a ton of old consoles and handhelds.

PC, consoles and handhelds all have a place in my gaming collection. Tablets and cell phones do not =p.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#40r0ge00Posted 8/14/2014 10:29:20 AM
I'm not a fan of sports games anymore, but PC is certainly lacking Madden and whatever the hot new baseball game is.