This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honestly, console gaming doesn't offer anything PC can't offer these days.

#41KaijinSurohmPosted 8/14/2014 11:30:17 AM
G8 b8 m8 8/8

On a serious note:
Not all console titles will hit PC, just as not all PC titles hit consoles.
My $400 gaming machine will run my $60 games beautifully while your $1k-$2k gaming machine will run your $~10 games beautifully.

Everything balances out.

Buy your platform for the titles you are interested in, and availability, not because of loyalty.

/topic

Also, Blogfaqs.
---
http://tinyurl.com/pk8hsuw - Logical fallacies
http://tinyurl.com/kmeeasu - The 10 commandments of Logic
#42SuperVegito2487Posted 8/14/2014 11:34:37 AM
10 years ago ( i think. might be shorter but idk by how much, therefore...) controller could be used as an argument... it still can for some games, but not that many luckily.

Sometimes you just wanna play with a controller, as you have 2 buttons that are just as functional as a mouse (which a pc only has one of) that of course being the analouge sticks.

And now in recent times theres also the triggers, and consoles still has the big one.

Fewer buttons, which can be a pro AND a con, but you dont need to worry about stretching your fingers in extreme cases, or search for very long to find the button you are looking for if you need to search.
---
L.J.Gibbs: Rule 42:
"Never accept an apology from someone who just sucker punched you."
#43KillerTrufflePosted 8/14/2014 11:39:50 AM
I'm a bit confused - are you saying analog sticks are just as functional as a mouse? Analog sticks are definitely superior control schemes for some games, but fall far short for others. FPS comes to mind - they are objectively worse for FPS control. You might prefer controllers, and that's fine, but that doesn't make them "better" or "just as good." They're simply not.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#44VeiledGenesisPosted 8/14/2014 11:42:13 AM
Jedi454 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
This topic feels like troll and/or circle jerk bait.

*grabs popcorn*
Please continue.

How is this a troll topic? Are you a child?

Well, at least you didn't deny the circle jerk.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#45VeiledGenesisPosted 8/14/2014 11:44:39 AM
DarkLaguna posted...
ljobenza posted...
Most Japanese games since Japan doesn't care about PC unless they're eroges.

This.

If you like genres like JRPG's (Or just RPG's in general, especially lately, we don't get RPG's very often on PC), monster hunting games, etc., you can't stick to just PC's, unless you like waiting an entire console generation or two for a decent emulator.

There's that Chinese Monster Hunter game that is PC only, I believe licensed by Capcom. And RPGs still come out, but not nearly like they did back in the '90s.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.
#46ScarlettailPosted 8/14/2014 11:46:18 AM
I can't play Smash or Mario Kart on PC.
---
3DS FC: 1805-2178-2522 Safari: Delibird, Sneasel, Dewgong
Days until Smash 4 3DS NA release: 50
#47SuperVegito2487Posted 8/14/2014 11:46:27 AM
VeiledGenesis posted...
Jedi454 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
This topic feels like troll and/or circle jerk bait.

*grabs popcorn*
Please continue.

How is this a troll topic? Are you a child?

Well, at least you didn't deny the circle jerk.

What the hell is that?
---
L.J.Gibbs: Rule 42:
"Never accept an apology from someone who just sucker punched you."
#48KillerTrufflePosted 8/14/2014 11:47:23 AM
SuperVegito2487 posted...
What the hell is that?

I'd say google it, but that might not be the best idea... results will most certainly be NSFW.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#49KabtheMentatPosted 8/14/2014 11:47:54 AM
DarkLaguna posted...
ljobenza posted...
Most Japanese games since Japan doesn't care about PC unless they're eroges.

This.

If you like genres like JRPG's (Or just RPG's in general, especially lately, we don't get RPG's very often on PC), monster hunting games, etc., you can't stick to just PC's, unless you like waiting an entire console generation or two for a decent emulator.

Unfortunately Japan has been massively dropping the ball when it comes to game development lately. It wouldn't take both hands to count the amount of Japanese games I've played in the last 10 years that I thought were good.

As for JRPGs...they're bottom barrel now. Barely a step above the eroge visual novels in terms of gameplay, story, and quality.
---
Laugh at how dark it can get in this place, as if you're eatin' the soul of a demon for strength.
#50SinisterSlayPosted 8/14/2014 11:48:42 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
SuperVegito2487 posted...
What the hell is that?

I'd say google it, but that might not be the best idea... results will most certainly be NSFW.

I just fell off my chair laughing
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence