This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honestly, console gaming doesn't offer anything PC can't offer these days.

#81Jason_HudsonPosted 8/14/2014 12:20:29 PM
Great choice. Aside from the exclusives like Halo, The Last of Us or Nintendo games, most games make it to PC these days. With a capable PC, you're guaranteed at least 1080p and 60fps.

With MGS, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, GTA V and potentially 'The Rise of The Tomb Raider', it seems that more and more developers are seeing just how much more they can do on the PC.

More variety in games and they're cheaper too.
---
Over 8,000,000 players on Steam at the same time.
PC gaming is the place to be. The only way to play games at their true potential.
#82harold317Posted 8/14/2014 12:20:37 PM
PC gaming will forever be geek territory. Why do you want it to become mainstream anyways?
#83AsucaHayashiPosted 8/14/2014 12:22:53 PM
I personally don't buy brand new games for PC's, because every gaming PC I play on has some sort of glitch, error, DLL issue, broken driver, framework issue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4RtvMQp10

something tells me this video is able to hold your attention for several hours without getting boring.
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy.
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
#84Megaman OmegaPosted 8/14/2014 12:25:40 PM
Scarlettail posted...
I can't play Smash or Mario Kart on PC.

/topic
---
How to get rid of the new topic sidebar: http://www.gamefaqs.com/user/options_advanced.html
Message Board Settings -> Topic List Sidebar -> No
#85Sans PantsPosted 8/14/2014 12:31:15 PM
"Honestly, console gaming doesn't offer anything PC can't offer these days."
JRPGs.

but who plays those anyway amirite well except me because I'm an awful person with awful taste in games
---
I was hiding the end in the dream unconquered, hoping that this day will be a wonderful day.
#86SinisterSlayPosted 8/14/2014 12:32:02 PM
Megaman Omega posted...
Scarlettail posted...
I can't play Smash or Mario Kart on PC.

/topic

I can't?

But then how did I use those retro gaming programs?
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#87paperwariorPosted 8/14/2014 12:33:34 PM
Aside from exclusives. But that's not "can't offer" so much as "doesn't." Actually it's kind of silly to say PCs can't offer anything consoles can, or vice-versa, when they're the same type of machine. But I'm getting really hypothetical here.
---
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#88RobJ24Posted 8/14/2014 12:36:06 PM
godplaysSNES posted...
The only thing PC is really missing out on is Nintendo's games

This.
---
This is RobJ23 on a new account, and this website has not changed at all.
#89KillerTrufflePosted 8/14/2014 12:39:03 PM
SuperVegito2487 posted...
True but as i mentioned before viruses (+ malware and pup's) is still a threat for pcs, but not consoles, and can be expensive/annoying in other ways.

Someone already pointed out (in broken English) that consoles are NOT safe from these sorts of things, although the threat is more server-side, meaning there's even less you can do about it. Sony's major data breach a year or two ago is proof enough of that.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#90cmmc90Posted 8/14/2014 12:39:31 PM
theres two reasons to make a thread like this, to reassure yourself or to prove something to console people. if its the former you have insecurity issues. if its the latter then your words are falling on deaf ears, you dont see threads like this on console boards because console gamers dont give a rats ass, dont even think about this kinda stuff. it takes a very elitist person to think about this kinda stuff. live and let live.