This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Honestly, console gaming doesn't offer anything PC can't offer these days.

#91paperwariorPosted 8/14/2014 12:40:15 PM
The genre barriers have definitely come way down. PC now has fighting games (more than just doujin fighters), character action and JRPGs. Consoles and handhelds have ports of many successful indie games from PC.
---
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#92abdouPosted 8/14/2014 12:44:23 PM
Hahahaah. why do PC gamers have to keep telling themselves this? consoles and PC have been around for decades, GET OVER IT.

You are welcome.
---
#93KillerTrufflePosted 8/14/2014 12:50:36 PM
abdou posted...
Hahahaah. why do PC gamers have to keep telling themselves this? consoles and PC have been around for decades, GET OVER IT.

You are welcome.

I actually really don't understand why we keep ending up with topics like this every so often. Most of us are plenty secure with our gaming preferences, so I really don't see any point at all in this sort of topic.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#94TrueGBPosted 8/14/2014 1:23:24 PM
Yeah, PC and 3DS seems to be the best all around coverage of games out there, and if Trails in the Sky works out on Steam/GoG, then you'll see even more games.

Consoles still more convenient though.
---
Future Billionaire
#95GeminiX7Posted 8/14/2014 1:44:26 PM
Are PC gamers the most insecure people on the planet? I'm honestly trying to discern whether the "master race" schtick is a joke or if some of the people spouting that attitude honestly believe the crap that they spew.

Why buy a gaming console when you can just buy a gaming PC?

Why do you care so much? Some people just have preferences that might not follow your logic. Its not like gaming PCs are some hidden treasure the rest of us "peasants" don't know about that you unique, oh-so-special snowflakes picked up on. If people are playing the systems, they clearly enjoy some aspect of it more than they might building and playing on a PC. Or they simply don't really care that much, already have a computer(or laptop or tablet) that isn't powerful enough to run most games and just enjoy consoles more. Maybe they have a long standing history buying Sony, Nintendo, or Microsoft(well, it wouldn't be very long in this case) and are just practicing brand loyalty. How this affects you, I don't know.

Why eat meals at a restaurant when its cheaper, healthier(typically), and more satisfying(imo) to cook the meal yourself? Ease, atmosphere, and personal preference.
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
#96Holy_OblivionPosted 8/14/2014 1:46:03 PM
Can I play smash 4 on PC?
---
3ds FC: 3952 7015 0446
http://www.youtube.com/user/BaoZakeruga?show_guided_help=1
#97Jedi454(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 1:55:24 PM
I should mention that I have a 360/ Ps3/ 2DS/ OG Xbox. I have quite a few games for them, but stuff I would actively play, I can just get on PC, a part from a few games.

By the way, there is a lot of misconception on what PC gamers are and how they think in this thread. People that buy high end CPUs, GPUs and so on are a minority of gamers, the convenience with consoles (with the exception of the Wii U/ 3DS) has been stripped down with the requirements of installation, day one patches and internet connection requirements.
#98ClouddxPosted 8/14/2014 2:02:02 PM
The fact that a $400 PC can play games better than the new consoles makes PC even more worthwhile today.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#99chip1289Posted 8/14/2014 2:05:12 PM
Jedi454 posted...
I sold my Xbox One recently, I was incredibly unhappy with it, then I decided build a PC and now i'm a lot happier. There are tonnes of games on PC, for incredibly good prices, you can play at the resolution or frame rate or other settings you want, you don't have to pay to play online, you can hook up your PC to your TV and use it the same way you would use a console and you can use controllers if you want to with a lot of newer games.

I don't see any appeal in console gaming now, the exclusives only available on console don't justify the purchase for me. The Xbox One and Playstation 4 basically work as a weak PC with less features. I think we'll see consoles eventually fade away and PC will completely dominate the market within 10-15 years time.

Anyone else feel the same way?

People have been saying this for years neither pc or console gaming are going anywhere
#100rdking96Posted 8/14/2014 2:11:16 PM
Jedi454 posted...
I sold my Xbox One recently, I was incredibly unhappy with it, then I decided build a PC and now i'm a lot happier. There are tonnes of games on PC, for incredibly good prices, you can play at the resolution or frame rate or other settings you want, you don't have to pay to play online, you can hook up your PC to your TV and use it the same way you would use a console and you can use controllers if you want to with a lot of newer games.

I don't see any appeal in console gaming now, the exclusives only available on console don't justify the purchase for me. The Xbox One and Playstation 4 basically work as a weak PC with less features. I think we'll see consoles eventually fade away and PC will completely dominate the market within 10-15 years time.

Anyone else feel the same way?

I agree with everything you said except the very last point. The cost to get into PC gaming is just too high. It is awesome for an older crowd or those that are financially smart and can drop $800 - $1000 but the gaming crowd from ages 10-20 will stick to consoles for the most part. Hell, a lot of my friends aren't even willing to drop $400-$500 on a new console during launch time. They'd rather wait until they drop to the $200-$300 range.
---
i5 4690k | Asus GTX 770 | 8 GB Ballstix | AsRock Z97 Extreme4 |
Steam:The Sticky Emu | 360: The Sticky Emu | PS3/4: Cugabuh