This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here have any experience with CyberpowerPC? Just got a new PC from them

#1anonymous46773Posted 8/14/2014 1:16:19 PM
and it also came with a couple of extra components. It came with something I have identified as a 3-way SLI bridge connector, and a 4-way SLI bridge connector, and four long red things and a couple of other small things. I was told by a couple people that the computer was pre-built, and it kind of looks like it is. Power supply is in, video card is in, etc. My question is this: when you buy a computer from them, do they just send a couple of extra things in case something breaks, or am I going to have to take apart my computer and figure out how to install these "SLI bridge connectors"? Am I okay to just plug the computer in, or will stuff start melting?

Potentially a bit of a nonsensical question, but I'm kind of nervous to touch it without knowing for sure. I'm terrible at building PCs, and tend to accidentally break stuff :( I just want to make sure that it's okay to "plug and go".
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#2JKatarnPosted 8/14/2014 1:18:14 PM
I'm sure it's fine - if the computer only has a single video-card then you would have no need for the bridge connector (and I'm sure the techs would have connected it if you had multiple GPUs) - what probably happened is those extra cables would come with the motherboard/GPU if you bought them separately from a vendor, so they tossed them in the box with your computer. You should be fine to boot it up.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#3anonymous46773(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 1:22:26 PM
Thanks for the quick response :D I really appreciate it.

I'm going to try plugging it in and see if it boots up.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#4SonyHoundDawgPosted 8/14/2014 1:30:25 PM(edited)
I bought a cyberpower pc back in 07 or and finally retired this year as far as my main gaming pc goes. Had no issues with it over the life of the computer. All I had to was a psu upgrade video card a couple years later, but original fans, led's, hard drive and everything else are all working good.

And those parts are just extra bits that came with you video card/mobo. Since your running SLI cards you don't need those. you could always save them for if you ever do.
#5foodeater4Posted 8/14/2014 1:37:13 PM
I bought one a while back, and while overall the computer has been fine, still have it and it runs good, it'll probably be come my sons gaming computer in the future.. I do feel they are kinda shady. When I got the PC it was constaly blue screening. Couldn't even open up a web browser with that happening. Anyways it turned out running the ram in dual channel mode caused issues for whatever reason, but Im still wondering how the thing got through there supposed testing since you could barely do anything without a blue screen.

Also every review on their website its 5 stars, that's total BS. No one is that good. Problems arise. It happens.

Overall I would not buy from them again.
#6anonymous46773(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 1:41:23 PM
All right, I got it up and running. It asked for something like a Windows license that I couldn't find, but it allowed me to skip it, so I'm hoping that all is good.

Thanks guys :D
---
#7rainedownPosted 8/14/2014 2:14:30 PM
The windows license should be on a sticker on the case, or with the CDs/paperwork, though I'm pretty sure they put it on the case. The extra stuff they sent is just extra stuff that came with the parts, instead of keeping them they send them along in case you need them some day.

They're one of my favorite prebuilt sites, I suggest them all the time to people who don't have the time or inclination to build themselves.
#8KenshiroXPosted 8/14/2014 2:21:04 PM
Same here, my first gaming PC was from them in 2007, other than a minor ram and gfx card bump in 2009, I still have it-granted, I'd like to sell it, for like 150 bucks, but they made a perfectly servicable comp.
#9KillerTrufflePosted 8/14/2014 2:30:48 PM(edited)
anonymous46773 posted...
All right, I got it up and running. It asked for something like a Windows license that I couldn't find, but it allowed me to skip it, so I'm hoping that all is good.

Thanks guys :D

Those "long red things" sound like they could be SATA cables, which are often red. If they look something like this, that's SATA.

https://jasonbanham.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/sata_cable1.png

They're so you can install new hard drives, SSDs, DVD/Blu-ray, etc. if you buy any more. "Couple other small things" isn't quite descriptive enough to tell what they are.

And yeah, if you don't enter your Windows license key, you get 30 days until you can't use your computer any more. You should see a sticker something like this someplace on your case (usually on the back or the bottom):

http://www.supplierlist.com/prod_img/coaandsoft/252019_Windows_7_Pro_COA_Label_Sticker_License_Key_Card.jpg

You'll need to enter the key and run through the authentication process to fully activate Windows.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#10KillerTrufflePosted 8/14/2014 2:33:13 PM
As for CyberpowerPC themselves, they historically have had a terrible reputation with a crapton of problems, but over the past few years, it sounds like they've made major improvements. I'll still never use or recommend them personally, but it sounds like they're not as bad as they used to be.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23