This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console Gamer Migrating To PC. I Have Questions.

#21almightydunPosted 8/14/2014 6:09:53 PM
Seriously. Building a PC is easy. I had NO idea what to do. Then 3 days later I had ordered my parts, and 2 more days later put it together in under 3 hours. (would've been under 2 but I connected the power switch wrong and couldn't for the life of me figure out why I couldn't boot the damn thing up)

It's easy. DO IT.

As for a $600 build you could do an Fx6300 CPU build with a r9 270x GPU. Could likely string that under $600 and will be quite powerful for the cost.
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#22golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 6:12:23 PM
almightydun posted...
Seriously. Building a PC is easy. I had NO idea what to do. Then 3 days later I had ordered my parts, and 2 more days later put it together in under 3 hours. (would've been under 2 but I connected the power switch wrong and couldn't for the life of me figure out why I couldn't boot the damn thing up)

It's easy. DO IT.

As for a $600 build you could do an Fx6300 CPU build with a r9 270x GPU. Could likely string that under $600 and will be quite powerful for the cost.

interesting... bummer I cant change my current pc.... its really neat. but like I asked the other great guy who is helping, how long before it gets outdated? matter of fact, whats the most powerful pc currently?
#23almightydunPosted 8/14/2014 6:13:14 PM
golden85354 posted...
phantasy posted...
golden85354 posted...

really now? im interested.... whats the best desktop I can get for around $600 max?

if you not willing to build, a ps4 and some games is the best "pc" you can buy. If you willing to build probably this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MOAN005Fvw

its $500 but you will need to spend $100 for the os.

really? that cheap!? how long will it last before its outdated?

"Technically" It's "outdated" NOW but you will likely be able to play new games on medium-high settings @ 45-60 fps for some time. And if you are used to console 30 FPS then WAAYYYYYY longer
---
#24phantasyPosted 8/14/2014 6:17:11 PM
honestly if you even have to ask whats the most powerful pc, then pc gaming is not for you.
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
#25golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 6:24:03 PM
phantasy posted...
honestly if you even have to ask whats the most powerful pc, then pc gaming is not for you.

I know nothing about pc. im not text savvy.. cant blame me
#26golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 6:24:41 PM
almightydun posted...
golden85354 posted...
phantasy posted...
golden85354 posted...

really now? im interested.... whats the best desktop I can get for around $600 max?

if you not willing to build, a ps4 and some games is the best "pc" you can buy. If you willing to build probably this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MOAN005Fvw

its $500 but you will need to spend $100 for the os.

really? that cheap!? how long will it last before its outdated?

"Technically" It's "outdated" NOW but you will likely be able to play new games on medium-high settings @ 45-60 fps for some time. And if you are used to console 30 FPS then WAAYYYYYY longer

.... whats not outdated? whatd o you play on?...
#27almightydunPosted 8/14/2014 6:27:44 PM
Well I built an FX 8320 CPU with 8gb ram asus m5a97 re 2.0 MOBO and sapphire 270x GPU. Not the most powerful computer (not even CLOSE) but a good balance of cost vs performance. My build would be considered "outdated" as the parts are all mid-range parts that have been out for a while. But I don't care. It's my first PC, I can play games on it. And they look and run infinitely better than console games.
---
#28phantasyPosted 8/14/2014 6:30:20 PM
golden85354 posted...
phantasy posted...

I can blame you. If you are clueless go do some research first then come and ask questions. You have no idea on how things work and expecting miracles.
---
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]
#29golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 6:31:45 PM
almightydun posted...
Well I built an FX 8320 CPU with 8gb ram asus m5a97 re 2.0 MOBO and sapphire 270x GPU. Not the most powerful computer (not even CLOSE) but a good balance of cost vs performance. My build would be considered "outdated" as the parts are all mid-range parts that have been out for a while. But I don't care. It's my first PC, I can play games on it. And they look and run infinitely better than console games.

how much did it cost you?
#30golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 6:31:56 PM
phantasy posted...
golden85354 posted...
phantasy posted...

I can blame you. If you are clueless go do some research first then come and ask questions. You have no idea on how things work and expecting miracles.

leave