This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console Gamer Migrating To PC. I Have Questions.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Console Gamer Migrating To PC. I Have Questions.
2 years ago#41
Also a pre-build will ALWAYS be more expensive and use inferior parts. Build it yourself. If you have a 4th grade education and access to youtube you can do it no problem.
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
2 years ago#42
almightydun posted...
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JsKsVn

wow. but wheres the computer screen? the monitor... I found some pr built pcs... but they don't have monitors... am I missing something?

no you aren't missing anything. Monitor, mouse, keyboard and OS are usually not included in price. I assume you have a tv? use that for monitor. mouse and keyboard aren't that important, just grab a cheapo loogitech one at your local walmart/bestbuy/costco. and the OS IS $100 but if you have a comp already you CAN have it moved to the new one if you contact microsoft. ( I don't know how and I'm not 100% on this) But for value CS $ that build is pretty solid, You can go cheaper if you want if you skimp on the MOBO you could save 40$ or so but I wouldn't

so the monitor is included in the box?
2 years ago#43
lolwot
2 years ago#44
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...

wow. but wheres the computer screen? the monitor... I found some pr built pcs... but they don't have monitors... am I missing something?

no you aren't missing anything. Monitor, mouse, keyboard and OS are usually not included in price. I assume you have a tv? use that for monitor. mouse and keyboard aren't that important, just grab a cheapo loogitech one at your local walmart/bestbuy/costco. and the OS IS $100 but if you have a comp already you CAN have it moved to the new one if you contact microsoft. ( I don't know how and I'm not 100% on this) But for value CS $ that build is pretty solid, You can go cheaper if you want if you skimp on the MOBO you could save 40$ or so but I wouldn't

LOL no they don't include a monitor. If you NEED a seperate monitor you need to buy one yourself. I just use an old 32" samsung TV I had lying around for mine and also use my 50" living room tv as well. You would need to spend an additional 100-250 for a moniter
2 years ago#45
almightydun posted...
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...

LOL no they don't include a monitor. If you NEED a seperate monitor you need to buy one yourself. I just use an old 32" samsung TV I had lying around for mine and also use my 50" living room tv as well. You would need to spend an additional 100-250 for a moniter

I can use my tv monitor like you said right? ok. good. but why is my pc so weak? it can run 4k graphics..... I thought that was the next big thing?
2 years ago#46
almightydun posted...
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...

well, my pc can run 4k.. but it kinda struggles with it..
2 years ago#47
I'm no expert by any means but that CPU is old and a tad slow. Additionally you basically can't run games without a dedicated graphics processing unit (GPU) And using onboard graphics processing is terribly slow and cannot render 3d for crap.

And the next big thing is 4k resolution monitors. And again I am NOT an expert but hell would freeze over before that thing ran 4k resolution.

I believe you are confusing the 4k onboard graphics with 4k resolution.
2 years ago#48
almightydun posted...
I'm no expert by any means but that CPU is old and a tad slow. Additionally you basically can't run games without a dedicated graphics processing unit (GPU) And using onboard graphics processing is terribly slow and cannot render 3d for crap.

And the next big thing is 4k resolution monitors. And again I am NOT an expert but hell would freeze over before that thing ran 4k resolution.

yeah. ive been watching 4k youtube vids ......
2 years ago#49
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...

yeah. ive been watching 4k youtube vids ......

I love you brah don't ever change
2 years ago#50
You should really do some research.
You seem quite confused on a lot of terms.
Look up some youtube videos on what each part does or what parts you should buy.
Go on lifehacker, check out their guide on building a new computer.
Check reviews and guides on youtube. Play around with pcpartbuilder.
3DS FC: 1504-5928-8042
Krabby, Poliwhirl and Floatzel
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Console Gamer Migrating To PC. I Have Questions.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived