This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console Gamer Migrating To PC. I Have Questions.

#41almightydunPosted 8/14/2014 6:58:26 PM
Also a pre-build will ALWAYS be more expensive and use inferior parts. Build it yourself. If you have a 4th grade education and access to youtube you can do it no problem.
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#42golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 7:01:09 PM
almightydun posted...
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JsKsVn

wow. but wheres the computer screen? the monitor... I found some pr built pcs... but they don't have monitors... am I missing something?

no you aren't missing anything. Monitor, mouse, keyboard and OS are usually not included in price. I assume you have a tv? use that for monitor. mouse and keyboard aren't that important, just grab a cheapo loogitech one at your local walmart/bestbuy/costco. and the OS IS $100 but if you have a comp already you CAN have it moved to the new one if you contact microsoft. ( I don't know how and I'm not 100% on this) But for value CS $ that build is pretty solid, You can go cheaper if you want if you skimp on the MOBO you could save 40$ or so but I wouldn't

so the monitor is included in the box?
#43TimePharaohPosted 8/14/2014 7:03:37 PM
lolwot
#44almightydunPosted 8/14/2014 7:04:06 PM
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...

wow. but wheres the computer screen? the monitor... I found some pr built pcs... but they don't have monitors... am I missing something?

no you aren't missing anything. Monitor, mouse, keyboard and OS are usually not included in price. I assume you have a tv? use that for monitor. mouse and keyboard aren't that important, just grab a cheapo loogitech one at your local walmart/bestbuy/costco. and the OS IS $100 but if you have a comp already you CAN have it moved to the new one if you contact microsoft. ( I don't know how and I'm not 100% on this) But for value CS $ that build is pretty solid, You can go cheaper if you want if you skimp on the MOBO you could save 40$ or so but I wouldn't

LOL no they don't include a monitor. If you NEED a seperate monitor you need to buy one yourself. I just use an old 32" samsung TV I had lying around for mine and also use my 50" living room tv as well. You would need to spend an additional 100-250 for a moniter
---
#45golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 7:09:56 PM
almightydun posted...
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...

LOL no they don't include a monitor. If you NEED a seperate monitor you need to buy one yourself. I just use an old 32" samsung TV I had lying around for mine and also use my 50" living room tv as well. You would need to spend an additional 100-250 for a moniter

I can use my tv monitor like you said right? ok. good. but why is my pc so weak? it can run 4k graphics..... I thought that was the next big thing?
#46golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 7:12:42 PM
almightydun posted...
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...

well, my pc can run 4k.. but it kinda struggles with it..
#47almightydunPosted 8/14/2014 7:13:48 PM
I'm no expert by any means but that CPU is old and a tad slow. Additionally you basically can't run games without a dedicated graphics processing unit (GPU) And using onboard graphics processing is terribly slow and cannot render 3d for crap.

And the next big thing is 4k resolution monitors. And again I am NOT an expert but hell would freeze over before that thing ran 4k resolution.

I believe you are confusing the 4k onboard graphics with 4k resolution.
---
#48golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 7:17:03 PM
almightydun posted...
I'm no expert by any means but that CPU is old and a tad slow. Additionally you basically can't run games without a dedicated graphics processing unit (GPU) And using onboard graphics processing is terribly slow and cannot render 3d for crap.

And the next big thing is 4k resolution monitors. And again I am NOT an expert but hell would freeze over before that thing ran 4k resolution.

yeah. ive been watching 4k youtube vids ......
#49TimePharaohPosted 8/14/2014 7:18:08 PM
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...

yeah. ive been watching 4k youtube vids ......

I love you brah don't ever change
#50DetectiveZPosted 8/14/2014 7:19:30 PM
You should really do some research.
You seem quite confused on a lot of terms.
Look up some youtube videos on what each part does or what parts you should buy.
Go on lifehacker, check out their guide on building a new computer.
Check reviews and guides on youtube. Play around with pcpartbuilder.
---
3DS FC: 1504-5928-8042
Krabby, Poliwhirl and Floatzel