This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console Gamer Migrating To PC. I Have Questions.

#81almightydunPosted 8/14/2014 7:58:21 PM
golden85354 posted...
Ive pretty much made a decision to go through with it. but, will my controller work with any of these games on pc? and what are some exclusive pc games anyway? something not multiplat?

xbox 360 controller will plug and play. If you want wireless then you need a bluetooth dongle. PS3 Controller will work as well but you need SCPDriver program to get it to work as well as a dongle if you want wireless. There are a literal f*%#ton of computer exclusives. I suggest looking on Steam or GOG for some. If you watch the sites weekly/daily you can score some CRAZY sales.
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#82almightydunPosted 8/14/2014 8:00:09 PM
I also highly suggest TRYING to play with a mouse and keyboard. It is hard as hell for me as I have been using a controller for 25+ years to play games but I can see the benefit of it. Way more buttons and much more stable inputs. Only problem is I SUCK. But that will get better with time.
---
#83golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 8:05:40 PM
almightydun posted...
I also highly suggest TRYING to play with a mouse and keyboard. It is hard as hell for me as I have been using a controller for 25+ years to play games but I can see the benefit of it. Way more buttons and much more stable inputs. Only problem is I SUCK. But that will get better with time.

ok. and what if I decide to get a monitor for my new gaming pc? do I just get one and plug it in? I figure so. but what if I get a monitor too powerful for the pc or something? can that happen?
#84almightydunPosted 8/14/2014 8:07:21 PM
I tweaked the build a BIT

This case has front usb 3.0 headers and is cheaper and I threw in a DVD drive as it IS good to have for some RARE occasions. Build is exactly $600 plus tax now. I guarantee if you get it you will love it

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wZXV23

Oh and most people do NOT know this but motherboards don't usually have wi-fi so you NEED to use an ethernet cable for internet or buy a PCI card or usb dongle (if you NEED wifi I recommend PCI card they are like 20$)
---
#85almightydunPosted 8/14/2014 8:07:56 PM
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...

ok. and what if I decide to get a monitor for my new gaming pc? do I just get one and plug it in? I figure so. but what if I get a monitor too powerful for the pc or something? can that happen?

Sure it can! But it won't. Not unless you spend an arm and a leg on one.
---
#86mrtywerPosted 8/14/2014 8:09:31 PM
Oh my god. My sides. They split. Such laughter. Thank you much, for this.
---
MSI H87-G43 | Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8G Gskill Ripjaws X @ 1600 | Sapphire Radeon R7 260x
#87almightydunPosted 8/14/2014 8:09:48 PM
Oh and protip!

Call one of the suppliers and get them to price match all the prices from the different websites so you can get all the parts from the same place. Even better if you have a store nearby. But if not, then you can at least get all the parts shipped together
---
#88golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 8:10:25 PM
almightydun posted...
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wZXV23

thanks. but ill skip the dvd drive. can you add the wifi motherboard to the buying list thingy? and you didn't answer the question about the monitor...
#89ClouddxPosted 8/14/2014 8:12:50 PM(edited)
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...

Lol, there's no such thing as too powerful of a monitor.

You can even have the monitor and TV plugged in at the same time showing the same image. So say you wanna play on your couch, you just turn on your TV an controller and start playing.

You can seamlessly move from desk to couch and mouse+KB to controller.

I have my computer hooked up to two monitors and a TV.

Monitor 1 is my main display that I play games on and what not.

TV shows the same thing that's on monitor 1

Monitor 2 shows all my temps and misc information. I also use it to watch netflix while playing games.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#90golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 8:14:05 PM
Clouddx posted...
golden85354 posted...
almightydun posted...

Lol, there's no such thing as too powerful of a monitor.

You can even have the monitor and TV plugged in at the same time showing the same image. So say you wanna play on your couch, you just turn on your TV an controller and start playing.

You can seamlessly move from desk to couch and mouse+KB to controller.

I have my computer hooked up to two monitors and a TV.

Monitor 1 is my main display that I play games on and what not.

TV shows the same thing that's on monitor 1

Monitor 2 shows all my temps and misc information. I also use it to watch netflix while playing games.

ok... can you fix the buyers list and add a motherboard with built in wifi?