This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Console Gamer Migrating To PC. I Have Questions.

#91ClouddxPosted 8/14/2014 9:14:51 PM
Just buy an external wireless adapter. They're pretty cheap.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#92DetectiveZPosted 8/14/2014 9:16:26 PM
I'm going to say this bluntly because I don't think your listening to nearly anyone in this thread.
RESEARCH

There's no point in building a PC if you have no idea what each part does.
That's like swimming for the first time without someone watching you.
Or Skydiving without a Parachute.

Will it really hurt just going on google and looking for some videos that may help you?
---
3DS FC: 1504-5928-8042
Krabby, Poliwhirl and Floatzel
#93almightydunPosted 8/14/2014 9:16:50 PM
Added wireless

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DzpQK8

And about the monitor. I have mine on a dual display (there are 3 display ports on the GPU) one on the 50" tv and one on the 32"
32" tv on a desk next to it. Both mirror the screen so I can use a controller on the couch and play or chill and watch movies/tv.

The audio is routed to my surround sound so I can have surround sound while I game.

Seriously you can't get too much monitor. Just get a 60hz 1080p monitor and that's all you want/need to play with this system
---
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.
#94almightydunPosted 8/14/2014 9:21:35 PM
Monitors are extremely personal things like mouse and keyboards to some. You could get something like:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/aoc-monitor-e2752vh

and be extremely happy with it. Hell if I NEEDED a monitor I wouldn't get anything more than that for my computer
---
#95golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 9:22:07 PM
almightydun posted...
Added wireless

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DzpQK8

And about the monitor. I have mine on a dual display (there are 3 display ports on the GPU) one on the 50" tv and one on the 32"
32" tv on a desk next to it. Both mirror the screen so I can use a controller on the couch and play or chill and watch movies/tv.

The audio is routed to my surround sound so I can have surround sound while I game.

Seriously you can't get too much monitor. Just get a 60hz 1080p monitor and that's all you want/need to play with this system

alright... this about everything I need.... current gaming pc that ill be able to keep up for a few years... check.. I have some hmi cables... check... I have no use for a monitor. but know I can just plug it up and go if I ever get one.. check... my monitor will have the wifi ready.. check.. I can use controllers.. check... well, im good to go!
#96golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 9:22:28 PM
DetectiveZ posted...
I'm going to say this bluntly because I don't think your listening to nearly anyone in this thread.
RESEARCH

There's no point in building a PC if you have no idea what each part does.
That's like swimming for the first time without someone watching you.
Or Skydiving without a Parachute.

Will it really hurt just going on google and looking for some videos that may help you?

you can rest now. im all set.
#97golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 9:23:51 PM
almightydun posted...
Monitors are extremely personal things like mouse and keyboards to some. You could get something like:

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/aoc-monitor-e2752vh

and be extremely happy with it. Hell if I NEEDED a monitor I wouldn't get anything more than that for my computer

thanks a lot for your time and for being patient with me. one last thing. how do you become so tech savvy? I would like to be like that. I wanna have techy convos with other pc players
#98DetectiveZPosted 8/14/2014 9:24:21 PM
I have a feeling you learned nothing from this thread.
---
3DS FC: 1504-5928-8042
Krabby, Poliwhirl and Floatzel
#99almightydunPosted 8/14/2014 9:27:03 PM
Awesome! If you need anything most people here are helpful as hell and won't mind giving you some pointers. Barring the ones here for entertainment of course. I DO recommend hitting up youtube and just killing an hour clicking around at how-to videos if you feel a little overwhelmed. And people GENERALLY will only help those that help themselves. (That's just a general life lesson really) Again you CAN do this EASILY. The whole stigma that computer building is only for the super technical is outdated bull.
---
#100golden85354(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 9:27:57 PM
DetectiveZ posted...
I have a feeling you learned nothing from this thread.

oh I have. all my questions have been answered. I just wont be able to explain certain things to people. like how much more power this pc has over that pc. or what ram is. and all that good stuff. ill probably just read a few tech books.