This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Asked this on MW3 board but its dead so please help :(

#1misticknight1Posted 8/14/2014 2:35:10 PM
So I bought the disc based version of COD MW3 on PC the other day as it was really cheap on sale and when i tried to install it it apparantly needs steam to download and install (the disc is basically useless?). Anyways i got around that and had it install via the disc so i though i was finally in and then when you try to load it it wont let you play even single player mode without downloading a 14gb update for the multiplayer mode (which i dont even want to play.) is there any way around this? ive searched for patches and cracks but there doesn't seem to be anything at least nothing that will work with the legit copy of the game.
---
"But here within this thick black pelt, your strongest gaze
will be absorbed and utterly disappear." - Rainer Maria Rilke, Black Cat
#2InterfusorPosted 8/14/2014 2:43:56 PM
No I don't think there is a way to only install single player.
---
I am not economically viable.
#3misticknight1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 2:52:01 PM
I mean more is there a way to play it without having to update the MP file, i still have mp installed it just needs an update before it allows me to play anything.
---
#4h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 8/14/2014 2:58:42 PM(edited)
Can it be played offline? Just disconnect your internet?
---
'My rig is so powerful it doesn't render individual pixels, just one continuous image of astonishing detail. The P in 1440p stands for peasant.' -KingDFizzle
#5misticknight1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 3:05:57 PM
ive tried, it stills asks to reconnect to steam to update the multi. guess theres no way around this ill just download it bit by bit till its done. sigh.
---
#6InterfusorPosted 8/14/2014 10:39:34 PM
misticknight1 posted...
ive tried, it stills asks to reconnect to steam to update the multi. guess theres no way around this ill just download it bit by bit till its done. sigh.

I just installed MW3 singleplayer to test if offline mode worked good -- and I started the game in offline without having started it with steam online, no problems. Seems to me that when you install singleplayer you also install all the assets for multiplayer (the whole of the game being 14gigs and not just the multi). The actual multiplayer download for the separate steam launch icon was only 5mb.

I think something may have messed up the dvd installation. Are you sure it actually installed? Disc installing can take quite some time - if it ended quickly there must have been a problem. Have you tried installing it again?
---
I am not economically viable.
#7misticknight1(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2014 5:29:10 AM
it took about 25 minutes to install everything. ill try one more time. maybe you got a newer version of the game with the update already on disc, or is that not possible?
---