This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

eww dont update steam, everythings ugly and blue

#21WyzeGyePosted 8/14/2014 7:18:02 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
stuff

To be honest, I have nothing at all against bronies. It's just that when somebody puts it at the forefront of their persona .... Just..... Yeah
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#22Nineteen99Posted 8/14/2014 7:36:20 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
I don't get the Brony hate. What have they ever done to warrant such scorn? I always see people complaining about spamming of pony art but I've literally never once seen it happen, not even a single link, let alone anything I'd consider spam. I see ponies used for avatars (and TC has a pony in his sig, same principle, just passive, not shoving it in anyone's face) and people telling people with pony avatars that they should die but that's about it. Same thing with Homestuck, the occasional avatar and someone telling the person with the avatar that they should die/kill themselves because of spam that I've never seen happen.

I never told anyone to die. Just to keep their pedophile/bestiality tendencies to themselves. What they do at night is no business of mine unless they put it out there for everyone to see.
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#23PhilOnDezPosted 8/14/2014 7:58:10 PM
What does liking MLP have to do with pedophilia or bestiality? That's like saying every christian is a westboro baptist.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#24SnipeStarPosted 8/14/2014 7:59:46 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
I don't get the Brony hate.

because there is something genuinely wrong with a grown ass man whos into a cartoon show intended for prepubescent girls. its very f***ing creepy in a very pedophilish way.

i don't get how people don't understand this.
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#25WyzeGyePosted 8/14/2014 8:06:20 PM
Ya know, it's not a bad show... One of the cartoons I prefer to have on. It's got some decent humor thrown in, and good messages, decent voice acting.

I even went to a live MLP show in Calgary this summer.

The catch, I have a preschool age daughter.
---
http://puu.sh/8IK8Q/8e25ebacb7.jpg - - http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561198039262606.png
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
#26Nineteen99Posted 8/14/2014 8:07:18 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
What does liking MLP have to do with pedophilia or bestiality? That's like saying every christian is a westboro baptist.

Exactly.
---
"There must be some kind of way out of here, said the joker to the thief. There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief."
#27PhilOnDezPosted 8/14/2014 8:27:02 PM
SnipeStar posted...
because there is something genuinely wrong with a grown ass man whos into a cartoon show intended for prepubescent girls. its very f***ing creepy in a very pedophilish way.

i don't get how people don't understand this.

itp: liking the same things as little girls means you want to molest little girls. Words have meanings, learn what they are before you throw them around like a teenager throwing homophobic slurs.

Is them liking something hurting you? No. Is it inconveniencing you? Not at all. Is it affecting you in any way whatsoever? Only if you let it which you obviously do. What exactly is 'genuinely wrong' with somebody liking a thing that they may not have been the target audience for. Grow up.

Nineteen99 posted...
PhilOnDez posted...

Exactly.

Exactly what? Liking ponies has nothing to do with being attracted to children (again, words have meanings. Calling a brony a pedophile is a completely baseless insult).
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
#28DiviDudePosted 8/14/2014 8:29:25 PM
Not pedophile-like at all, but still creepy as s***.
#29PhilOnDezPosted 8/14/2014 8:32:21 PM
What's creepy about it? It's a cartoon about sunshine and rainbows and being best friends forever(?). If happy, cute stuff is creepy to you you're the one with the problem.
---
#30DiviDudePosted 8/14/2014 8:46:49 PM(edited)
PhilOnDez posted...
What's creepy about it? It's a cartoon about sunshine and rainbows and being best friends forever(?). If happy, cute stuff is creepy to you you're the one with the problem.

Well, it is very strongly, deliberately, and narrowly aimed at little girls. So it's... weird that so many grown men would share such a strong interest in it since they fall so far out of the target demographic; essentially the opposite demographic, really.

To be fair, I'm also a little creeped out by college age girls who still listen to boy bands, of which there are plenty. There's something about moving beyond children's entertainment that's... desirable after childhood.

That being said, whatever.