1. What is the present-day equivalent of an Intel Core i5 750 from 2009? It was an upper mid-range processor (it was the original CPU to bear the name "Core i5") back in its day and ran about $200 or so. Going by that I would guess the Core i5 4670 is the equivalent tier 750 of 2014.
2. When does RAM become outdated? I was thinking of carrying over the 8GB of DDR3 1066 RAM I've got.
3. I guess I'm also looking for a GPU that's roughly in the performance bracket of a Radeon HD 6870. I was thinking the GTX 760. Found a nice one from EVGA that runs about $310. --- The PC is NEVER, EVER getting GTA5!! *Golden face about to laugh.*
#2foodeater4Posted 8/14/2014 4:59:45 PM
1. Yes a 4670K is probably what you want. Its an unlocked processor and youll be able to overlclock if you wish. I think a slight refresh of the chip just came out recently.
2. ddr3 is still the standard so you probably can use it. Make sure your mother board supports it.
3. A gtx 760 is a great mid range card, maybe people consider it the best bang for your buck. EVGA is also a great brand. That does sound a bit expensive though, you looking at the 4GB model?
2. The specific motherboard I was looking at goes down to DDR3 1333 but I don't see why it wouldn't read in a 1066 module (I intend to try to overclock it anyway to edge out a little performance once it's in its new home).
3. Yes. --- The PC is NEVER, EVER getting GTA5!! *Golden face about to laugh.*