This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i have a gtx 780 ti. and i cant stop llaughing

#11meshflesh(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 7:52:43 PM
Conker posted...
Lies or get better at using a computer. I have 2 x GTX 660 FTW and get better performance than this at 2560x1440. I also only paid $260 for them new from Newegg (after MIR). That's also with an i3-4330.

Chances are you arent using vsync.

if i uncap my frames...i get high fps count. But its too jumpy.
---
If the shoe fits wear it.
#12ConkerPosted 8/14/2014 8:07:08 PM
I do. I have a Catleap that runs at 120hz with a custom driver and custom resolution settings through Nvidia's control panel so it can reach that high with V-Sync.

If I turn off V-Sync I get ridiculously high(er) FPS and screen-tearing, of course.
---
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
#13KaiserWarriorPosted 8/14/2014 8:16:43 PM
A) You haven't stated what resolution you're trying to run at, which is a very significant factor

B) Your frame issues are because of VSync. If you cannot maintain 60+ FPS at all times, VSync is a bad idea, because anything below 60FPS immediately chops you down to 30FPS until you can once again get over 60FPS. That's the nature of waiting for vertical blanks.
#14DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/14/2014 8:30:00 PM(edited)
meshflesh posted...
DmanTee posted...
There are benchmarks for every major video card and it's combinations. You know exactly what you're getting when you buy the card.

I'm not even going to bother looking at the benchmarks for the card just to see if your claims hold true.

well 99.8 percent of reviewers uncap their frames. And average out the fps.

I like to play games with vsync and the frames capped at 60. No reviewers out there do benchmarks with vsync on.

So i pretty much took a shot in the dark.

You should try running gta4 with all settings maxed out. Draw distance..detail etc. And see what performance u gey

99.8 percent of reviewers showcase minimum framerates in their reviews.
Also, Digital Foundry usually uses vsync or capped framerates.

Try using adaptive Vsync. See what you get.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross
#15PraetorXynPosted 8/14/2014 9:34:36 PM
This is why Vsync is terrible.

You can use Afterburner to cap your frames to 60 without VSync, that way when you get a drop of 1 FPS you drop to 59 instead of 30.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#16AcquirePosted 8/14/2014 9:39:59 PM(edited)
Use adaptive vsync. No reason to use vsync. Then when Asus' Rog Swift monitor releases in a few weeks buy that and enable g-sync.
---
Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.
#17Erg0nPosted 8/14/2014 9:43:38 PM
why are you guys even trying to help the TC? clearly he's trolling you guys because he didn't EVEN ASK FOR HELP

#LOLPCmasterraceCrap
---
http://i.imgur.com/9Kj6EkR.gif
"The tragedy is not to die, but to be wasted." - Hannibal
#18Blobs_Posted 8/14/2014 9:51:49 PM
So basically you disregarded the fact that these are for the "enthusiast" and also disregarded the whole diminishing returns thing.

Good one TC.
---
is haha
#19LordOfLegaciesPosted 8/14/2014 9:55:54 PM(edited)
Your computer must hate you TC. I've got a standard 3gb 780 and the same processor and even on DX11 with high res texture packs and BlackFire's mod and I still have to limit Crysis 2's framerates so I'm not pushing 80-100.
Something else about your system you're not telling us?

Erg0n posted...
why are you guys even trying to help the TC? clearly he's trolling you guys because he didn't EVEN ASK FOR HELP

#LOLPCmasterraceCrap

Blobs_ posted...
So basically you disregarded the fact that these are for the "enthusiast" and also disregarded the whole diminishing returns thing.

Good one TC.

Both of you, don't be so antagonistic. It doesn't do anybody any good.
---
OUTSIDE NOW I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE OUTSIDE NOW NO I'M TALKING TO JACK OUTSIDE NOW IT'S POURING OUTSIDE NOW WELL FINE
#20TheEntitledOnePosted 8/14/2014 10:18:49 PM
Maybe say more about the system? My 780 came without the TI and i get better performance.
---
I got your number! I got all your numbers!