This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anti cheat root kits-(game guard, hack shield) should I be worried?

#1M DAMAGEPosted 8/14/2014 6:44:32 PM
Maple story, dragon nest, vindictus, ragnarok,, all have anti cheat software included which basically functions as a root kit.

They key log and install themselves very deep into your system.

Do you guys mind having these on your comp or do you not care?

I want to try dragon nest cause the combat looks really cool, but it has hackshield.
#2TimePharaohPosted 8/14/2014 6:56:29 PM
Wouldn't know, I don't play terrible games.
#3M DAMAGE(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2014 6:57:58 PM
Well someone's a prickly pear
#4ORANGE666Posted 8/14/2014 7:32:28 PM
All Japanese/Korean games. I haven't installed a Japanese/Korean game in years. Considering Microsoft is spying for the US government, I have a hard time believing those eastern game developers aren't doing the same.
---
I am a Nintendo Fanboy and let me tell you, being a Drone is actually a great thing.
We have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like other fanboys
#5Bellum_SacrumPosted 8/14/2014 7:40:37 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
All Japanese/Korean games. I haven't installed a Japanese/Korean game in years. Considering Microsoft is spying for the US government, I have a hard time believing those eastern game developers aren't doing the same.

Well hey, other countries don't necessarily live under covert dictatorships like the US does.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/14/2014 8:36:02 PM
I can't speak for other anti-cheat rootkits, but GameGuard will thrash your drive constantly, and can reduce the overall life expectancy of your harddrives and computer.
I'd strongly advise against installing anything that uses it on solid state.
---
god invented extension cords. -elchris79
Starcraft 2 has no depth or challenge -GoreGross