This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why Cant Consoles Catch Up To PC?

#21Fade2black001Posted 8/15/2014 7:54:22 AM
Garage_Man posted...
Get a PC and find out. Honestly PC/PS4/Vita and you are covered for 99.9% of the good stuff.

Vita gets all my indie use (trust me the hit on graphics is worth it) and its library of PS1/psp/crrraaazzzyyyy amount of new games released all the time. Most use of all my systems combined.

PS4 nets you all of Sony's exclusive games which I wouldn't miss out on...not for the cost of a 1tb ssd. Some third party games where I feel the graphics aren't worth dealing with turning on my computer...logging into Windows..opening steam.

Anyways PC for third party where the differences are going to be major...cough Dragon age and witcher 3. Also mods.....oh the mods that can make a boring game like skyrim amazing. I have 130ish games for my PC with 115 of those all big budget AAA....paid like 300 bucks..insane value.

The Vita?!? Are you serious?!? Replace the Vita with the 3DS and you'll be good.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#22Xtreme-VoidPosted 8/15/2014 8:03:47 AM
Fade2black001 posted...
Garage_Man posted...
Get a PC and find out. Honestly PC/PS4/Vita and you are covered for 99.9% of the good stuff.

Vita gets all my indie use (trust me the hit on graphics is worth it) and its library of PS1/psp/crrraaazzzyyyy amount of new games released all the time. Most use of all my systems combined.

PS4 nets you all of Sony's exclusive games which I wouldn't miss out on...not for the cost of a 1tb ssd. Some third party games where I feel the graphics aren't worth dealing with turning on my computer...logging into Windows..opening steam.

Anyways PC for third party where the differences are going to be major...cough Dragon age and witcher 3. Also mods.....oh the mods that can make a boring game like skyrim amazing. I have 130ish games for my PC with 115 of those all big budget AAA....paid like 300 bucks..insane value.

The Vita?!? Are you serious?!? Replace the Vita with the 3DS and you'll be good.

you can't be serious about 3DS, the games all kiddy there
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
i7 4790 | MSI GTX 780 Ti TF OC | 12 GB RAM | 3 TB HDD | Sony Bravia 40HX750 | Altec Lansing MX6021
#23PaukenPosted 8/15/2014 9:21:08 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Garage_Man posted...

you can't be serious about 3DS, the games all kiddy there

Honestly both handhelds suffer from a lack of unique titles worth buying. Vita only gets away with this due to the numerous ports since handheld Sly Cooper is amazing (cept Sly 3, that game needs a massive nerf to its difficulty, especially the hangar defense mission that requires Korean Starcraft levels of APM to beat X_X ), as are the numerous indie ports for the system. 3DS doesn't have much in the way of good ports OR unique titles (sorry Nintendo, but if you're going to claim that a game is a "from-the-ground-up remake", it better damn well have more new content than a port of an official ROM hack, a Boss Rush mode, and a mirror mode), which really hurts its value.
#24LikeGoodMorningPosted 8/15/2014 9:45:17 AM
To many people would whine if the ps4 was $600 and would just bring up topics why wouldn't I just buy a pc??? The more expansive a console is the more it will come down in price in the future so it would always be better for consoles to be the most powerful they can be for games years down the line.

Even if that means the console would be $700 which would be the max people would prolly say wouldn't be insane. $800-$1000 would be really reaching. For example in 3 years now the ps4 if it launched at $600-$700 would be between $300-$350 have a good amount of exclusive games and have them all or almost all in 1080p and 60fps....

With how the ps4 is now in 3 years the console most likely will be $300 and have the games that push the graphics be at 1080p or less and just 30fps.

It is going to be annoying as time goes by and console games can still be less than 1080p and 30fps. I believe the Witcher 3 is going to run at 900p and 30fps on ps4life wtf?
#25Cade6669Posted 8/15/2014 9:59:52 AM
golden85354 posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Is this the new thing? You're just going to make terrible topics all day? Go back to your farm peasant you've overstayed your welcome.

nope. im part of the master race now. just joined recently

Prove it, it's very easy to prove. And aren't you tired, like everyone else is, of these console vs PC debates? Nothing get accomplished and no one's views ever change. Like Christianity vs Atheism, no one ever wins and it just makes people mad.
---
Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperKing61
PSN - SuperKing602
#26Worknofun370Posted 8/15/2014 10:06:30 AM
Cade6669 posted...
Nothing get accomplished and no one's views ever change. Like Christianity vs Atheism, no one ever wins and it just makes people mad.

I've actually caused a few people to "fall from grace."

True story.
---
hasa diga eebowai
#27LikeGoodMorningPosted 8/15/2014 10:19:08 AM
just wondering does anybody else agree with me that since the ps4 released at $400, Sony can get away with not having a price cut for 2 years or more. If they had it come out at $600 or $700 they would for sure lower the price within a year and within like 3 years it could be about $350..

Seems like the ps4 would only ever drop below $300 and only get cheaper way into the consoles life like in 2018.

So if that's the case it really stinks they cheap out on the hardware when they first release the console since games will all have to be toned down later in the console life compared to the pc.

I have never seen anybody bring up this argument for why the consoles should be more expensive at launch.
#28ThisGuy101Posted 8/15/2014 10:22:08 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
peasant

Whenever someone uses this word I put a tag on their name so I know not to take anything they say seriously.
---
AMD FX-6300 | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ | Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3-1600 | MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR
My first gaming rig
#29PraetorXynPosted 8/15/2014 10:31:29 AM
Oh FFS can we stop with these $400 AMD builds that are awful?

There's no point to building a PC at the same price point of a console. The point of PC gaming is to spend more on the hardware and absolutely crush consoles. If you're only going to spend $400 just get the damn console.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#30TehPwnzererPosted 8/15/2014 10:40:09 AM
Sony tried it with the PS3 and look how that turned out. Consoles can only cross a certain amount of money before they are no longer viable products to sell to gamers.

Not to mention that even consoles that CAN outperform PCs can only do so until there's a new GPU on the market next year. PCs upgrade according to the user. Consoles upgrade according to the OEM.