This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why Cant Consoles Catch Up To PC?

#31ClashtonnPosted 8/15/2014 11:13:52 AM
golden85354 posted...
Seriously. Why Are Our Consoles Supposedly Lagging Behind? And Whats The Appeal Of PC Exactly Besides Graphics?

Because it's cheaper to not use cutting edge tech.

And the appeal is better games. I mean there's also the fact that there are more games ing eneral, modding, open platform allowing more options (control peripherals, monitors/TVs, match a game's resolution to that monitor, change graphic settings to balance with FPS, ect), better online, free online and a few others. But the main appeal is the better games.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#32ClashtonnPosted 8/15/2014 11:14:48 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
Oh FFS can we stop with these $400 AMD builds that are awful?

There's no point to building a PC at the same price point of a console. The point of PC gaming is to spend more on the hardware and absolutely crush consoles. If you're only going to spend $400 just get the damn console.

The point of PC gaming isn't to crush console gaming. It's to get access to better games. Which you can do with cheap builds.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#33halomonkey1_3_5Posted 8/15/2014 12:13:25 PM(edited)
PraetorXyn posted...

There's no point to building a PC at the same price point of a console. The point of PC gaming is to spend more on the hardware and absolutely crush consoles. If you're only going to spend $400 just get the damn console.

a $400 Intel build crushes consoles tho
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#34BogePosted 8/15/2014 12:44:27 PM
My draw to PCs is the framerate, resolution, mods, and control options.
---
http://penguinpetes.com/gallery/MyWalls/pigeon_chess.png
#35easymodexzPosted 8/15/2014 1:05:11 PM
What will be curious in the coming years is how badly console handhelds will fare against smartphones.
#36ClouddxPosted 8/15/2014 1:21:15 PM
PraetorXyn posted...

OH FFS can you stop acting like such a jackass. The point of PC gaming is to play games, not to have teh uber 1337 nuclear powered PC.

If you're gonna spend $400 you might as well get a PC, as it still crushes the new consoles in terms of performance.
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#37g7g7g7g7Posted 8/15/2014 1:24:56 PM
ThisGuy101 posted...
TimePharaoh posted...

Whenever someone uses this redacted name redacted I know not to take anything they say seriously.

---
"You know what's most annoying about hearing neighbors having sex?,
When it's too quiet*" - Umbongo
#38deathszxPosted 8/15/2014 1:31:42 PM
Clouddx posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

OH FFS can you stop acting like such a jackass. The point of PC gaming is to play games, not to have teh uber 1337 nuclear powered PC.

If you're gonna spend $400 you might as well get a PC, as it still crushes the new consoles in terms of performance.

Who cares about performance if there's no games on the pc you are interested in the first place.
#39SetzeraPosted 8/15/2014 2:32:17 PM(edited)
Cost.

No one is going to buy hardware with the same cost of a gaming PC, and then have half of the functionality in software. No console can send email, create documents, etc, like Windows can. Yet Windows can still game.

I still buy consoles for two reasons, having a set of hardware that doesn't change, gives developers a way better chance at creating a game without bugs, and also because local co-op is important to me, yet PC devs refuse to acknowledge this niche on PC.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#40Nmilek1Posted 8/15/2014 3:02:12 PM
The Draw?

Cheaper game prices
Easy access to a library without needing hundreds of dvd cases
Backwards compatibility
better graphics
better frame rate
best sound quality if your willing to pay
more options
largest choice in controls / kb + m / any usb contorller / fight sticks / joysticks etc
more than for just playing video games
best internet connection no third party services
Dedicated servers
multiple monitors
Gets games from all sources multiplats, AAA's, indies, PC Exclusives, tablet / phone, handheld ports
Emulation of older consoles
Better community tools
Modding
Better communication tools