This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you happy with your computer's noise level? (Eg. Fans)

#31somebody336Posted 8/15/2014 9:23:53 PM
Nope. It sounds like a vacuum cleaner. I haven't bothered switching stock fans for whatever reason lol
---
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/
#32dementedlullabyPosted 8/15/2014 9:43:42 PM
I have fish tanks in my room with my PC/gaming crap so the sound of the filters and water running muffles out the PC sound. Besides, my original Xbox 360 (broken) and PS3 (working) sounded like a jet engine. Even when putting my ear up to my PC it sounds nothing like either of those.

Seriously, I run the PS3 sometimes because it has some damn good games...I can hear it over the fish tanks.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#33claytonbuckleyPosted 8/15/2014 9:56:40 PM
under load it's loud. i cant hear it most of the time because my headphones are good, bt something it annoys me.
---
Pointing out your stupidity is not trolling
#34Knighted DragonPosted 8/15/2014 10:12:46 PM
To the people who are saying they are unhappy and that their computers are loud, how many db is your computers ambient fans? There are free apps for android phones (probably iPhones too) to check how loud sounds are, I'd be pretty interested to hear how loud other people's computers are if they consider them loud. Like I said earlier, I can barely even hear 56 db
---
Matthew 7:21
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
#35cuteboi100(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 5:55:29 AM(edited)
Knighted Dragon posted...
There are free apps for android phones (probably iPhones too) to check how loud sounds are, ...I can barely even hear 56 db

56 db is pretty loud. I think you are mistaken because those android apps need to be calibrated with a real sound pressure meter before use otherwise it will show the wrong reading.
---
Attack Jet - Division 1 (World) | Fighter Jet - Division 1 (World)
Fighter Jet - Division 1 (Toronto), Rank #5
#36RhapsoKnightPosted 8/16/2014 6:06:12 AM
No, but that's mostly because I've been using the same case/fans/PSU for about 5 years now. They're still pretty silent compared to the average computer though, thankfully.
#37MyDogSkipPosted 8/16/2014 6:50:40 AM
My PC is alright. Generally an audible but low hum. My GPU gets pretty darn loud under load. I've never had a device louder than my fat PS3 when it kicks into maximum overdrive, though.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#38GorkiPosted 8/16/2014 6:55:12 AM
I'm very happy with the stock HAF-XM fans, so much quieter than an old Thermaltake case with 5 92mm fans. All of them are at minimum level in BIOS; the only time they get noticeable is during extended gaming.