This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who cares about Video Games?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Who cares about Video Games?
1 year ago#21
arleas posted...
You're obviously depressed. When you're depressed, it's harder to enjoy yourself. So figure out what is wrong with your current situation and change it.

I had a spell or two where I didn't care about the game genres I used to love, and once I figured out what was wrong and did something to change it, my feelings changed. I wasn't immediately able to just go back to the way things were, but I felt way more normal about it than I had in a long time.

So quit moping and go do something else... You can't just say "i'm not going to be depressed anymore" but you CAN figure out what's making you depressed and change yourself...unless it's a chemical imbalance or something that might require medication.

That's a good point -- although I have suffered from depression in the past (mostly throughout highschool) I'm not in a particular state of sadness at the moment. Perhaps I'll try something else for a while and maybe my interest will return. Thanks.
---
Murray
1 year ago#22
MarceloSampaio posted...

-Soul Blazer = I've played this snorefest before. Boring game. Terranigma was a million times better.

Terranigma is probably 'better' from a technical standpoint -- and although some people may find Soul Blazer boring -- it's still a beautifully insightful and poetic game, and still what I consider to be the best of the five actraiser-esque games on the Super Nintendo (of course being Actraiser, Actraiser 2, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma).
---
Murray
1 year ago#23
Shenmue was mediocre to me, zero mission was better than super metroid, and terranigma was the better game in the soul blazer series.

That isn't trolling, it's just what I believe. Honestly though, you come to a gaming website asking if people are sick of games.
1 year ago#24
Ivany2008 posted...
Honestly though, you come to a gaming website asking if people are sick of games.

It sounds silly but where would you go to discuss this topic?
---
Murray
1 year ago#25
Schmeman posted...
Ivany2008 posted...
Honestly though, you come to a gaming website asking if people are sick of games.

It sounds silly but where would you go to discuss this topic?

Your therapist
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
1 year ago#26
I don't really care about games too much either, all I play is a mod of jedi academy and wow sometimes.
---
PSN: BlindyTwo
Gamertag: Blindy II
1 year ago#27
Grow up TC.
1 year ago#28
Shenmue
Super Metroid
Soul Blazer

Oh boy, another one of these guys. Yeah man, you have the best taste in video games, moreso than anyone who ever lived. In fact, you've experienced all the greatness already, I mean, there's no possible way a game could be created that would surpass those games, right?

Shenmue - great for its time but ultimately a flawed game with limited replay value. There's only so many times you can go around asking a tiny populace where sailors hang out, or perform wonky Virtua-Fighter-esque fighting in arenas and situations where it was never meant to be used

Super Metroid - Yep, a great game, but there have been great games in this style since then. Aquaria, La Mulana, Cave Story, Guacamelee, Outlands, etc.

Soul Blazer - I will agree with you that this is a one-of-a-kind game and few games can match the imagination in this game, and the sheer joy I feel when playing it, but how much of that is simple nostalgia? For some reason, an upcoming game on the PS4 reminds me of Soul Blazer. Check out the latest trailer for Rime.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
1 year ago#29
Monkeymage posted...
Shenmue
Super Metroid
Soul Blazer

Oh boy, another one of these guys. Yeah man, you have the best taste in video games, moreso than anyone who ever lived. In fact, you've experienced all the greatness already, I mean, there's no possible way a game could be created that would surpass those games, right?

Shenmue - great for its time but ultimately a flawed game with limited replay value. There's only so many times you can go around asking a tiny populace where sailors hang out, or perform wonky Virtua-Fighter-esque fighting in arenas and situations where it was never meant to be used

Super Metroid - Yep, a great game, but there have been great games in this style since then. Aquaria, La Mulana, Cave Story, Guacamelee, Outlands, etc.

Soul Blazer - I will agree with you that this is a one-of-a-kind game and few games can match the imagination in this game, and the sheer joy I feel when playing it, but how much of that is simple nostalgia? For some reason, an upcoming game on the PS4 reminds me of Soul Blazer. Check out the latest trailer for Rime.

I know you're mocking me/insulting me but whatever. Thanks for the recommendations I guess... I'm not trying to be a pompous ass or anything -- I was just responding with hostility because that's how I was greeted in this topic. Those games I like and I think they're good. I wasn't saying a new game couldn't surpass an old one, I'm just saying my interest in videogames (as a whole) is fleeting, was wondering if others shared my sentiments, and was wondering if we could reflect upon why this was.
---
Murray
1 year ago#30
R i c k posted...
Nobody actually likes video games anymore. Everyone is simply buying and playing them out of habit. We're basically junkies.

This could be a revelation.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiG7z1lrs70
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Who cares about Video Games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived