This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who cares about Video Games?

#41dormcastePosted 8/15/2014 9:49:21 AM
Kind of? There aren't that many games I'm actually looking forward to these days. Usually between 3 and 6. There are games that have my interest, but sometimes they just come out not looking as good as their trailers made them look.
#42Edavy89Posted 8/15/2014 9:55:07 AM
dormcaste posted...
Kind of? There aren't that many games I'm actually looking forward to these days. Usually between 3 and 6. There are games that have my interest, but sometimes they just come out not looking as good as their trailers made them look.

Reminds me of the good ol' days where they actually had to use game-play footage for trailers instead of cheating.
#43hyjinx17Posted 8/15/2014 10:59:55 AM
Schmeman posted...
Just looking for like-minded folk, not the answer to all of life's problems. These questions I've asked are obviously not meant to be answered.

Comes to a video game board to look for people who hate video games

Look out, we got a genius over here.
---
3DS friend code:3883-5502-4640 IGN:Zero
#44xBlitzerxPosted 8/15/2014 11:07:25 AM
Most new games suck, that's why. Do yourself a favor and go get Dark Souls on PC, thank me later.
#45Edavy89Posted 8/15/2014 11:08:38 AM
hyjinx17 posted...
Schmeman posted...
Just looking for like-minded folk, not the answer to all of life's problems. These questions I've asked are obviously not meant to be answered.

Comes to a video game board to look for people who hate video games

Look out, we got a genius over here.

And what was the point of your post outside of "hey look, i can be a dick on a message board accomplishing absolutely nothing in the process"? People like you are part of the global problem. Go watch bambi, take notes from thumper.
#46Fou LuPosted 8/15/2014 11:09:54 AM
Schmeman posted...
Does anybody else no longer give a flying **** about new video games anymore? or really video games in general? I'm chocked full of useless video game knowledge and I just don't care anymore. The only games I play anymore are Super Metroid, Actraiser 2, and Symphony of the Night. What has happened and why don't I care!

The Amish live in communities that shun technology. They still have electricity, they generate it using old methods, not new ones. They just prefer to live in the past, like yourself.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#47Schmeman(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2014 11:11:35 AM
Fou Lu posted...

The Amish live in communities that shun technology. They still have electricity, they generate it using old methods, not new ones. They just prefer to live in the past, like yourself.

Technology and Art are not the same thing.
---
Murray
#48KURRUPTORPosted 8/15/2014 11:20:43 AM
I do.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#49BabyChiliEaterPosted 8/15/2014 11:34:13 AM
I feel your pain brother I am still buying the new stuff but I just don't play it. Ps4, WiiU multiple games for both and I just don't touch the things.
I find myself stuck in the WOW.
---
Baby this chili I'm eating is tasting great!
#50DivineWraithPosted 8/15/2014 11:54:44 AM
There's too much rehashed crap, every game is a clone of a different game now, and a lot of those aren't even trying anymore. The gaming industry has been fully embraced by the parasitic entertainment industry and it is being milked for all it's worth. Shallow, unoriginal games are all the rage because the mainstream gaming community are a bunch of shallow, unoriginal people that, seemingly, just love to throw money at whatever is advertised as the "Next Big Thing!"

Free thought and original ideas are turned down in favor of getting in on the money train. Even people who have the most to gain from being wholly original, the indie developers, go the route of rehashing stuff, but they go back to the old days to try to tickle your nostalgia bone to get your wallet open.

There's no hope, no future. Gaming is just a steaming, pile of rat feces being shoveled down the throats of the masses who willingly open their mouths because some CEO paid a guy to tell them to do it.