This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who cares about Video Games?

#61SleepComaPosted 8/15/2014 1:34:50 PM
arleas posted...
DiviDude posted...
SleepComa posted...
Boy what you need is Jesus!! Ever try that ?!?

can ne1 here run jesus on max settings

I tried once, but it crashed and I couldn't get it running again for 3 days.

Lol he came back fully optimized tho.
---
It's weird that pirates would go from shore to shore looking for buried treasure,
when the real treasure was in the friendships they were making.
#62SetzeraPosted 8/15/2014 2:25:17 PM
I still care about videogames, but since we're not dating anymore, I have to keep it at friend level.

Translation, ignore anything that doesn't interest you when it comes to a hobby.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#63Offspring7Posted 8/17/2014 4:08:56 AM
No, nobody cares about video games. That's why we all come to a site dedicated to video game forums, cheats, walkthroughs, pics, ect, because we don't like games.
---
"You know, if someone else did that, they'd look like an idiot, but since you do it all the time, you can pull it off."
#64NintendoFan81Posted 8/17/2014 6:13:02 AM
Recent gaming is horrible IMO. I rarely buy new games. I would rather buy retro games (physical copies) than the garbage out these day. Shovelware, short and broken games defines the past few years. Yes there is the exceptions, but they certainly dont outweigh how much crap has come out.
#65tigerex777Posted 8/17/2014 6:19:33 AM
Schmeman posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...

-Soul Blazer = I've played this snorefest before. Boring game. Terranigma was a million times better.

Terranigma is probably 'better' from a technical standpoint -- and although some people may find Soul Blazer boring -- it's still a beautifully insightful and poetic game, and still what I consider to be the best of the five actraiser-esque games on the Super Nintendo (of course being Actraiser, Actraiser 2, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma).

Dude Soul Blazer was my first rpg, but I've been playing games since the mid 80s. The music in the game still gives me a mystical almost ethereal feeling. I never beat the game but one of these days I'll try again.
---
i5 4670k @ 4.2ghz / 8GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 770 SLI / Cooler Master GX 750W / Cooler Master CM 690 ADVANCE II case / Asus 24' 144hz / Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7 mobo
#66Chosen_one_41Posted 8/17/2014 12:47:45 PM
NintendoFan81 posted...
Recent gaming is horrible IMO. I rarely buy new games. I would rather buy retro games (physical copies) than the garbage out these day. Shovelware, short and broken games defines the past few years. Yes there is the exceptions, but they certainly dont outweigh how much crap has come out.

When has there ever been a time in gaming where the vast majority of games were great and crap/shovelware games were the minority? Nostalgia is a hell of a thing.
---
www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
I'm not a real gamer, I actually enjoy playing games
#67wormbo2468Posted 8/18/2014 4:58:08 AM
TC, I think I understand you. I have VERY limited interest in newer games. I play sequels to older games (GTA V was incredible) and I plan to at least try Doom 4, but gaming for me died many years ago. I mostly play games up to 2007/8-ish. After that, graphics seemed to take priority over gameplay and developers started to run out of ideas. I don't think it's a coincidence that that's around the time that EA/Activision started to abuse their monopolies. Command & Conquer 4 was the last straw.

Every time I play a newer game I get frustrated. I got 30 minutes into Far Cry 3 before it pissed me off and I had to quit for the sake of my own sanity.
---
Desktop: i5 4690k | 16GB | 750Ti | 250GB SSD + 1TB | Corsair 550w
Laptop: i5 3337u | 8GB | HD5000 | 750GB | W8 | iPad Mini 2
#68NemerlightPosted 8/18/2014 5:17:56 AM
Why do men have nipples?
---
Miami Heat not champions of 2014.
http://i.imgur.com/m52Q7Rt.gif
#69ElementalWindPosted 8/18/2014 7:40:27 AM
Not like they have a ton of choice in the matter. I mean, i'd say it's next to impossible or close to it to actually be wholly original. Really, what hasn't been done? Can you really think of anything that would be entirely never before done that you would actually *want* to play?
There's a lot of room between taking a few ideas from past games and releasing yet another CoD clone.
---
"debates are contests of rhetoric, not argumentative rigor." -DragooneerZero
#70arleasPosted 8/18/2014 7:42:10 AM
Nemerlight posted...
Why do men have nipples?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DnHyn_QgOE
---
http://raptr.com/badge/arleas/uc.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3635582762.png