This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CCC Won't load after Windows Update

#1Famous-KPosted 8/15/2014 12:38:58 PM
Alright so Catalyst Control Center won't load after i used windows update.

Tried to uninstall / reinstall and it still won't start....
#2SnipeStarPosted 8/15/2014 12:39:49 PM(edited)
da power of radeom
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#3Famous-K(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2014 12:44:53 PM
SnipeStar posted...
da power of radeom

Yes. Your Geforce is the best thing in the world.

Ok can somebody help me with my issue now that the troll is happy?
#4SnipeStarPosted 8/15/2014 12:48:41 PM(edited)
Famous-K posted...

well, it certainly has functioning driver software.

but seriously dude, the only option you have is getting rid of that garbage in your computer.

the last red-team card i had was a HD 3850, and my CCC did the same thing. it just... stopped opening one day randomly, and i never saw it again. i tried un/reinstalling countless times, reformatting, etc. it literally never came back.

CCC is quite literally the most worthless, terrible piece of software ever written by anybody anywhere.
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#5Famous-K(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2014 12:54:58 PM
Well do i actually need this CCC crap to even work? every settings i've seen in that software to far can be changed elsewhere.
#6SnipeStarPosted 8/15/2014 1:00:42 PM
i doubt that you need it in the definition sense, but i consider driver software for GPUs quite important...
---
#7MarceloSampaioPosted 8/15/2014 1:46:13 PM
Nah, you don't need CCC.

Just install RadeonPRO. Its amazing. ^^
---
If you believe in Marona as your Loli and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature. :3
http://i.imgur.com/GV8UFZR.png
#8ebj767Posted 8/15/2014 3:37:06 PM
SnipeStar posted...
Famous-K posted...

well, it certainly has functioning driver software.

but seriously dude, the only option you have is getting rid of that garbage in your computer.

the last red-team card i had was a HD 3850, and my CCC did the same thing. it just... stopped opening one day randomly, and i never saw it again. i tried un/reinstalling countless times, reformatting, etc. it literally never came back.

CCC is quite literally the most worthless, terrible piece of software ever written by anybody anywhere.

Only way to fix the issue is to get rid of the video card?

GG, 10/10, would recommend you for IT again, call bill gates, we got the next computer genius

10/10, ten outta 10, 7 asses out of 7 asses
#9ShubPosted 8/15/2014 3:40:15 PM
I think the Catalyst installer allows you install just the driver without the Catalyst Control Center.
Anyway, go get yourself Display Driver Uninstaller (google it), run it, download the latest non beta Catalyst installer and go from there. It's up to you whether to install the Control Center or leave it out and just install the drivers. I never used the Control Center back when I had a 7970 so... again, 's up to you.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#10rainedownPosted 8/15/2014 3:54:59 PM
Seriously, trolls, do you just forget that nvidia has actually released drivers that fried cards or do you just black it out?

They're both good companies, you can have your preference (I don't, I just choose based on which gives the best performance for price when I'm building) but there is no reason to be rude about it.

Anyways, OP, try going to the C:/ directory, right click on the users folder, and put a check in the 'hidden' option. Apply to all subdirectories, wait for it to take effect. Then go back in, uncheck it, and apply to all subdirectories again. If it's not that, it may be a few other things, but for some reason that seems to happen when windows updates sometimes.