This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

CCC Won't load after Windows Update

#11LocoRaptorPosted 8/15/2014 2:59:28 PM
If your using windows 8, the notes from the newest version say, assuming you have downloaded latest catalyst driver as I just noticed you stated windows update.

Starting with AMD Catalyst™ 14.6 Beta, AMD will no longer support Windows 8.0 (and the WDDM 1.2 driver)
Windows 8.0 users should upgrade (for free) to Windows 8.1 to take advantage of the new features found in the AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC3 driver
AMD Catalyst 14.4 will remain available for users who wish to remain on Windows 8
A future AMD Catalyst release will allow for the WDDM 1.1 (Windows 7 driver) to be installed under Windows 8.0 for those users unable to upgrade to Windows 8.1

Hope that helps
#12SnipeStarPosted 8/15/2014 3:03:41 PM
ebj767 posted...
SnipeStar posted...
Famous-K posted...
Yes. Your Geforce is the best thing in the world.

well, it certainly has functioning driver software.

but seriously dude, the only option you have is getting rid of that garbage in your computer.

the last red-team card i had was a HD 3850, and my CCC did the same thing. it just... stopped opening one day randomly, and i never saw it again. i tried un/reinstalling countless times, reformatting, etc. it literally never came back.

CCC is quite literally the most worthless, terrible piece of software ever written by anybody anywhere.

Only way to fix the issue is to get rid of the video card?

GG, 10/10, would recommend you for IT again, call bill gates, we got the next computer genius

10/10, ten outta 10, 7 asses out of 7 asses

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm all those salty amd tears
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#13Famous-K(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 2:31:20 AM
LocoRaptor posted...
If your using windows 8, the notes from the newest version say, assuming you have downloaded latest catalyst driver as I just noticed you stated windows update.

Starting with AMD Catalyst™ 14.6 Beta, AMD will no longer support Windows 8.0 (and the WDDM 1.2 driver)
Windows 8.0 users should upgrade (for free) to Windows 8.1 to take advantage of the new features found in the AMD Catalyst 14.7 RC3 driver
AMD Catalyst 14.4 will remain available for users who wish to remain on Windows 8
A future AMD Catalyst release will allow for the WDDM 1.1 (Windows 7 driver) to be installed under Windows 8.0 for those users unable to upgrade to Windows 8.1

Hope that helps

Thanks for the help buy yeah.. I am using win 7.
#14TimePharaohPosted 8/18/2014 2:32:42 AM
SnipeStar posted...
da power of radeom
#15PsythikPosted 8/18/2014 4:06:12 AM(edited)
Famous-K posted...
Well do i actually need this CCC crap to even work? every settings i've seen in that software to far can be changed elsewhere.
If you want to use MLAA you need it. Also, it's good for some games that are stubborn about certain settings because you can force them in CCC.

That being said, CCC is a clunky piece of s***. Back when I had an AMD GPU I used ATI Tray Tools instead. It's much more stable and does everything CCC can do except better, and then some.
---
4670K OC | 2GB PNY GTX 770 OC | 8GB 1600 | 120GB SSD | 1TB WD Blue | Gigabyte Z87MX | EVGA 600w | BitFenix Phenom M | Win8.1 Pro
http://imgur.com/KaTyP5o.jpg