This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What did they change in Windows 8 that almost no games work?

#21wormbo2468Posted 8/17/2014 6:34:19 AM
Getting No One Lives Forever to work properly in W8 is a right pain.
#22PraetorXynPosted 8/17/2014 12:10:40 PM
The only game I've encountered that I've read absolutely won't work on 8 is Deus Ex: Invisible War, but I couldn't get it to work in 7 myself.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#23Darkcloud20Posted 8/17/2014 1:47:40 PM
Wait tc if you have dual boot did you actually install the games under win 8 and not under 7? They will miss the registry entries in 8 if you installed them under 7.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#24ein311Posted 8/17/2014 1:52:04 PM
Darkcloud20 posted...
Wait tc if you have dual boot did you actually install the games under win 8 and not under 7? They will miss the registry entries in 8 if you installed them under 7.

After I saw he has dual boot I came to ask this. I really hope TC isn't just navigating to the game's exe's and trying to run them in 8 if they weren't installed on 8.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#25Reaper_138Posted 8/17/2014 2:05:06 PM
One annoying thing was that net framework 3.5 wasn't pre-installed which was needed for Psx2.
#26ElDudorinoPosted 8/17/2014 4:10:01 PM
Yeah, it's funny that they don't include vital stuff like the .NET framework. I assume it's because they don't want to bloat up the OS more than it already is. But seriously, there are SO many applications that require it. Why don't they skimp on some of the other crap that comes pre-loaded that nobody needs instead?
#27wizardmonPosted 8/17/2014 4:13:40 PM
Psythik posted...
Human Revolution works, which is arguably (IMO) the better game anyway.

You opinion is invalid.
PraetorXyn posted...
The only game I've encountered that I've read absolutely won't work on 8 is Deus Ex: Invisible War, but I couldn't get it to work in 7 myself.

I just got it to work by double clicking it in steam on 8.1, no additional steps required.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#28Darkcloud20Posted 8/17/2014 4:46:08 PM
ElDudorino posted...
Yeah, it's funny that they don't include vital stuff like the .NET framework. I assume it's because they don't want to bloat up the OS more than it already is. But seriously, there are SO many applications that require it. Why don't they skimp on some of the other crap that comes pre-loaded that nobody needs instead?

It comes with the newest net framework but not the older ones but it should load them automatically if you install something that needs them.
---
What can change the nature of a man?