This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kinda feels like Sega really always wanted to be PC devs.

#11Evil_GogetaPosted 8/15/2014 8:50:11 PM
good_mangorush posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
But Japanese anti-pc gaming culture was holding them back.

Now I understand why no PC version of Dragon Dogma yet. Capcom America obviously want to bring it on PC, but Capcom Japan always refuse that idea.

As I mentioned, not Anti-PC just PC`s are expensive and inconvenient compared to consoles (also Capcom have made the majority of their games for PC as well, somehow they just didnt want to release it!)
---
Biggest JoJo`s Bizarre Adventure Fan.
My JoJo/JPN Game based channel: http://bit.ly/15HUBPr
#12AsellusPosted 8/15/2014 9:18:31 PM
Evil_Gogeta posted...
good_mangorush posted...
ChromaticAngel posted...
But Japanese anti-pc gaming culture was holding them back.

Now I understand why no PC version of Dragon Dogma yet. Capcom America obviously want to bring it on PC, but Capcom Japan always refuse that idea.

As I mentioned, not Anti-PC just PC`s are expensive and inconvenient compared to consoles (also Capcom have made the majority of their games for PC as well, somehow they just didnt want to release it!)

Yeah, s'why that one's was such a weird one to skip. Most of Capcom's games hit pc and it's of a genre that's extremely popular on pc so it not getting a release - very odd.
#13LaManoNeraIIPosted 8/15/2014 9:37:37 PM
They can start by releasing PSO2 in America
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#14InterfusorPosted 8/15/2014 10:52:00 PM
That blog link doesn't make a lot of sense to me. My Japanese Steam friend has MGR.

Perhaps that blogger has a US or EU account and it messes up because he uses it in Japan, problems with regions. Not that it makes it forgivable however.
---
I am not economically viable.
#15good_mangorushPosted 8/15/2014 11:02:46 PM
Interfusor posted...
That blog link doesn't make a lot of sense to me. My Japanese Steam friend has MGR.

I'm pretty sure he bought a MGR key and activate it via VPN.
Try change your IP into any Asian country (Including SEA), and visit MGR store page, you will see this:
http://kookysp.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/mgr-restrictedd.png

I don't understand at all what was in their mind, what they did just encourage piracy in Asia.
---
I am proud to be weeaboo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQKheh_T0ho
#16InterfusorPosted 8/15/2014 11:06:18 PM
I see. Yeah in that case there's really no excuse. And that Thief language pack... I can't even believe that.
---
I am not economically viable.
#17revolverPosted 8/15/2014 11:21:01 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...

That's pretty cool. The thread immediately got hung up on Sega, but did you read the link I posted in the OP? http://tabitter.net/how-it-sucks-to-be-a-pc-gamer-in-japan/

Of course it got hung up on Sega, look at the title. I came in for discussion about Sega and came to a crappy link about jp steam gamers. This topic doesn't even make sense.
---
2500K @ 4.5 | GTX 670 | 8 GB | TX 650 | 128 GB ssd | CM 690 II
#18WeaponX1138Posted 8/16/2014 12:56:51 AM
Garage_Man posted...
If I had the choice and could only do one...I'd easily choose console. With PC you have to cator to the lowest common denominator anyways...

At least with a console you have a set piece of hardware and can try your skills at making the most of it. You can't do that with a 780ti on PC.

The difference is, with a console, you only have the lowest common denominator
---
There go my nipples again STEAM ID: Silentmark1138
#19m0986-8Posted 8/16/2014 2:18:26 AM
I live in Japan and all the issues in the article TC posted is true. Half my wishlist got the "game not available in your region message" and the ones that are available are more expensive such as Assassin's Creed Unity being $71.99 last I checked. I am living in Tokyo and my room is more or less the size of a queen sized bed which makes PC gaming much harder to fit. But in addition to the article I will say that games you have bought in America can always be redownloaded even if they are not available in Japan. But all DLC purchased is basically unusable until you return to the states. Luckily I am only living here for less than a year or I would seriously have to do some work arounds to get my IP address to display an American one so I can PC game normally again...
---
3DS FC: 0344-9282-6531
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM
#20Evil_GogetaPosted 8/16/2014 3:47:00 AM
m0986-8 posted...
I live in Japan and all the issues in the article TC posted is true. Half my wishlist got the "game not available in your region message" and the ones that are available are more expensive such as Assassin's Creed Unity being $71.99 last I checked. I am living in Tokyo and my room is more or less the size of a queen sized bed which makes PC gaming much harder to fit. But in addition to the article I will say that games you have bought in America can always be redownloaded even if they are not available in Japan. But all DLC purchased is basically unusable until you return to the states. Luckily I am only living here for less than a year or I would seriously have to do some work arounds to get my IP address to display an American one so I can PC game normally again...

I`m a PC gamer (as well as console etc) who has lived in Tokyo for nearly 10 years now and I have not had a problem. I don`t even use a credit card to purchase games from steam, I just buy via my net browser and I don't even use ways to work around to buy games or dlc and I still get it all to work!
---
Biggest JoJo`s Bizarre Adventure Fan.
My JoJo/JPN Game based channel: http://bit.ly/15HUBPr