This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Best Budget Gaming Build: Benchmark Included

#11Clouddx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 12:50:59 AM
ThisGuy101 posted...
PS4 is running at high settings 900p, 1080. And nice try. My 270x averages 42 FPS on Ultra on BF4, there's no way that weak-ass card could handle it at 35. As a matter of fact, according to AnandTech, it barely manages 28 FPS at Ultra.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1130

Okay, I was wrong it is running at 900p. Post proof that it's running at high settings, because every single site states it's running on medium.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-750-ti-review,3750-9.html\
http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nvidia-geforce-gtx-750-and-750-ti-review,14.html
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GTX_750_Ti_OC/10.html

All these sites state that you can get over 30FPS, with techpowerup it says 30FPS, but that is with 4xAA making the resolution higher than 1080p.

Dude you're wrong, can you admit it?
---
i7-920 @ 3.6 // 770 GTX // 12 GB G.Skill Sniper Ram // PS3 // 360
FiiO e9+17 // AD700 + M50 // Deck Legend + 82 // DAS Ultimate S
#12Clouddx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 12:58:50 AM
Garage_Man posted...
Do these same benchmarks at 1080...that is the standard. That's what all people who hook it up to a TV will use. I don't even know ANYONE with a 720 monitor...

The 750ti is pretty decent for Windows use. I can't say I'd run newer games with it.

Also this is the most important part...what's the LOWEST frame rate. Who cares about max/average...we all know the lowest is what matters. I dint care if my average is 45 if there are any dips below 30 which is boarderline unacceptable.

It should be 60/60/60 across the board. Obviously more if you have vsync off but the min should still be 60 or around it.

The problem with min framerate during the benchmark is that it only happens for a second or two, and is usually at the beginning of the benchmark.

I can tell you the minimum for that Metro Benchmark was 17fps.
---
#13Garage_ManPosted 8/16/2014 1:05:04 AM
So we are getting stutters in the game which to ME is far worse than popping the disk in a PS4 and dealing with 60fps at med-high PC settings. We both know that PS4 won't dip below 45 so you'll never experience any BS like last gen.

I tried metro last light on my PS3 for laughs and it was awful. It had to be 20-30fps.

Anyways the computer is as good as you are going to get in that price range...just please don't go on about how it beats consoles. It doesn't. We have a few years to go before we see a $500 machine BEATING the PS4. I mean in all games, not cherry picked titles.
#14Jedi454Posted 8/16/2014 1:08:46 AM(edited)
Garage_Man posted...
Do these same benchmarks at 1080...that is the standard. That's what all people who hook it up to a TV will use. I don't even know ANYONE with a 720 monitor...

The 750ti is pretty decent for Windows use. I can't say I'd run newer games with it.

Also this is the most important part...what's the LOWEST frame rate. Who cares about max/average...we all know the lowest is what matters. I dint care if my average is 45 if there are any dips below 30 which is boarderline unacceptable.

It should be 60/60/60 across the board. Obviously more if you have vsync off but the min should still be 60 or around it.

I found out my TV was 1360 x 768* the other day and I thought it was 1080p for over a year. A lot of people don't notice these things.
#15Garage_ManPosted 8/16/2014 1:40:17 AM
Well you don't notice unless it's brought up. We humans are completely oblivious to anything we don't care about.

How is anyone to know a 2.0 stereo should have a image that is tall, wide and have depth if all they heard is lower end stuff. Most people ask if my center channel is on for music...I always have to say no. The voices should always sound like they are coming from the center of the room with 2 speakers...duhhh.

Same is said with TVs. 4k is clearly better and so on and so forth.

Anyways dude...get a 1080 TV! You should notice a decentish improvement. It won't be night and day but its noticeable.
#16Sora_AnbuPosted 8/16/2014 2:51:25 AM
Where's infinity with his fire hazard... I mean build.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ KC
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#17rainedownPosted 8/16/2014 5:16:37 AM
I posted a similar build in another thread for a challenge to build a console alternative, but it was a bit different. Can't remember the parts offhand exactly, but it was a g3268 (or 258? Too early in the day lol) on an h81 board (you'd have to bios update to overclock, but you can reach 4.2 on the stock cooler). Also I think I ended up using a 260 because the price drop made it more cost efficient than the 750, but I do remember bouncing between the two.

Either way, it looks fairly solid, if you add cheap CPU cooling you could overclock the 750k and get respectable numbers out of it too (can't remember the mobo you're using, if it oc's well or what though). Think it's also overclock-able on stock, just not as good performance as the g3258.
#18TropicMoon10Posted 8/16/2014 5:32:43 AM(edited)
I'm the type of gamer who can play on a 900p screen and be satisfied, but that resolution just seems unacceptable with a desktop. 1366x768 is something I'd use on a laptop for web browsing and movie watching, not gaming.

The build itself is decent enough. If it was me I'd up the res a little and turn down some settings. Personally I also wouldn't go with less than the R9 270 for a gaming system, but not everyone can afford that much.
---
http://i.imgur.com/N9lTE.jpg
#19Clouddx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 5:54:06 AM
rainedown posted...
I posted a similar build in another thread for a challenge to build a console alternative, but it was a bit different. Can't remember the parts offhand exactly, but it was a g3268 (or 258? Too early in the day lol) on an h81 board (you'd have to bios update to overclock, but you can reach 4.2 on the stock cooler). Also I think I ended up using a 260 because the price drop made it more cost efficient than the 750, but I do remember bouncing between the two.

Either way, it looks fairly solid, if you add cheap CPU cooling you could overclock the 750k and get respectable numbers out of it too (can't remember the mobo you're using, if it oc's well or what though). Think it's also overclock-able on stock, just not as good performance as the g3258.

If you looked at the build in the link it shows that I do have to the processor overclocked on the stock cooler from 3.5ghz to 4ghz. =D

TropicMoon10 posted...
I'm the type of gamer who can play on a 900p screen and be satisfied, but that resolution just seems unacceptable with a desktop. 1366x768 is something I'd use on a laptop for web browsing and movie watching, not gaming.

The build itself is decent enough. If it was me I'd up the res a little and turn down some settings. Personally I also wouldn't go with less than the R9 270 for a gaming system, but not everyone can afford that much.

Well, hi screen is actually 900p. I did the benchmark at that resolution because it's what consoles usually run at.
---
#20DetectiveZPosted 8/16/2014 6:24:00 AM(edited)
You know, we should have a PC build thread.
Something in which if someone comes in here asking for a desktop with limited cash, they already have an answer.

We could also recommend laptops instead of getting a bazillion topics on what is a good gaming laptop.

Sorry for going a bit off topic.
---
3DS FC: 1504-5928-8042
Krabby, Poliwhirl and Floatzel