This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If a dsl modem works at night but goes out a lot during the day, could it be

#1Tommy2GoGoPosted 8/16/2014 3:41:03 AM
overheating?

Recently my dsl modem has been disconnecting a lot during the day. At night it does not disconnect one bit. Yet in the morning / afternoon it always crashes and disconnects. The modem doesn't shut off. It just disconnects from the network.

At night, it works perfectly. No disconnecting or anything.

So could it be over heating form many people using it?

What other thing could it be ?
Ideas?
#2LordSeiferPosted 8/16/2014 4:00:30 AM
its probably your ISP

why dont you try and cool if off (unplug it as one suggestion)if you want to know for sure, but i highly doubt that heat is your problem.
---
^ this
#3Tommy2GoGo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2014 4:16:26 AM
I actually called my company about the situation. They said everything was good on their end. They just couldn't see any signal from my box.

I guess logically I can't give a reason as to why it's doing it.

It's ATT.

I tried not to mention the ISP so it doesn't turn into a THAT ISP SUCKS

So the only reason would be my ISP?
#4Davel23Posted 8/16/2014 4:54:22 AM
Do you have line filters on your phone line?
---
Your mom's box.
#5PhilOnDezPosted 8/16/2014 5:49:42 AM
Someone here who had AT&T had a horror story about 'everything's fine on our end', basically they were just telling him that to avoid sending anyone to fix it. He was getting frequent disconnects or just unusable speeds plus his landline would cut out most times he tried to use it. It took him calling AT&T and keeping them on the line until the call dropped to get them to come out. When the tech got out there he said he was surprised he was able to use the phone or Internet at all.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#6Dollarman_2005Posted 8/16/2014 8:00:21 AM
PhilOnDez posted...
Someone here who had AT&T had a horror story about 'everything's fine on our end', basically they were just telling him that to avoid sending anyone to fix it. He was getting frequent disconnects or just unusable speeds plus his landline would cut out most times he tried to use it. It took him calling AT&T and keeping them on the line until the call dropped to get them to come out. When the tech got out there he said he was surprised he was able to use the phone or Internet at all.

P much this with most ISPs. Gotta nag and nag and nag and nag until someone comes out. At one point with our ISP at home we had to have the guy come out and lay out all new wire underground before we could even get a steady signal for more than an hour.
#7kobalobasileusPosted 8/16/2014 10:08:14 AM
SOLAR FLARES!

...from outer spaaaaace...
#8fataliPosted 8/16/2014 10:13:11 AM
Definitely sound like a problem with your line or provider, not your router.
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
#9Sora_AnbuPosted 8/16/2014 10:38:46 AM
It's att, they're not the most honest company out there.
---
Dood... http://wp.me/1EBnQ KC
"The best thing to happen to Linux is the release of Vista." Jack
#10WerdnAndreWPosted 8/16/2014 10:47:36 AM
You'll get much better help here https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/sbcdirect
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ MSI 780 TF ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q