This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hows Path of Exile?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hows Path of Exile?
1 year ago#11
Garbage. There's like 4 enemy types, the environments suck badly, and the lack of a physics system really hurts the combat.
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
1 year ago#12
It's fun, the animations are good and the character customization is great but the environments/story/many of the enemies are very bland/generic, which I suppose is to be expected from a small team.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
1 year ago#13
It's pretty meh IMO. I prefer Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 to it in every single way. Both are just more fun to play, PoE got boring pretty quickly but I have over 200 hours in Torchlight 2 and over 300 in Diablo 3
---
Matthew 7:21
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg
1 year ago#14
meh
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
1 year ago#15
The character building and items are great, everything else not so great. There's definitely a hump to get over when you start playing. Act I is incredibly boring, and your character will be very boring to play initially. I found that about halfway through Cruel (the second difficulty) is when things start to click and the game becomes very addictive.
1 year ago#16
Thanks everyone! i might give it a try later today/this week when I get the chance
---
The lag giveth, the lag taketh away. - Orangenee
1 year ago#17
Well made but somewhat bland with boring combat.
---
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.
1 year ago#18
It's a free online game, and it does free to play right. All the stuff in the cash shop is 100% cosmetic and there to help with funding the game. A big aspect of Path is the skill tree, it's massive and there are very detailed character builds with a lot of diverse styles like having mixtures of melee and magic such as one where you can punch enemies and cause big damage from explosions. Some people don't like it, and it isn't for everyone, but you can't beat free and fun.
---
I belong to the blank generation - Richard Hell
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634\
1 year ago#19
You will like it if you were a hardcore D2 player, if not you will probably hate it. Compared to every other ARPG-Dungeon Crawler out there it has by far the most depth and longevity with a F2P model that is done right and the least casualised.
1 year ago#20
Me and my friend played through the game up until a major boss. He was playing a ranger and I was a mage. It wasn't really that good. IIRC I kept getting items that didn't fit my skills such as gear with Str on it or slots for enchantments I wouldn't use. Like why would I need 5 red spell slots on a mage when I need blue ones.

Anyway once we got to the first boss we started fighting it. We both got to low health. My friend distracted to boss while I used a portal scroll. We both go out. We then saw the portal was still open and headed inside to see if the boss's health was still lowered. It was. We popped all our CD's and potions and nuked her down. Popped another portal scroll. Went to town. Went back through portal and killed her.

And that was the last time we played. Once we got to the merchant and we found that none of the gear had decent sockets or stats we could use.
---
Brothers and Sisters are sworn enemies Like PC Gamers and Xbox Gamers, or PC Gamers and Sony Gamers, Or PC Gamers and PC Gamers, Damn PC Gamers ruined PC gaming
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hows Path of Exile?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived