This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hows Path of Exile?

#21saltedhamPosted 8/17/2014 12:13:51 AM
nickizgr8 posted...
Me and my friend played through the game up until a major boss. He was playing a ranger and I was a mage. It wasn't really that good. IIRC I kept getting items that didn't fit my skills such as gear with Str on it or slots for enchantments I wouldn't use. Like why would I need 5 red spell slots on a mage when I need blue ones.

Anyway once we got to the first boss we started fighting it. We both got to low health. My friend distracted to boss while I used a portal scroll. We both go out. We then saw the portal was still open and headed inside to see if the boss's health was still lowered. It was. We popped all our CD's and potions and nuked her down. Popped another portal scroll. Went to town. Went back through portal and killed her.

And that was the last time we played. Once we got to the merchant and we found that none of the gear had decent sockets or stats we could use.

then craft or keep progressing and hope for better dropped colors. if you are playing on the starting difficulty your gear dosent really matter. you will be levling up quickly, putting on new gear constatly.

game is pretty fun. and i only played summoner witch. minons were weak for a long time but they've been buffed.
---
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!
#22DAP1MP13Posted 8/17/2014 1:05:48 AM
It would be great if it weren't for the de-sync issues.
---
NYC. The City never sleeps, it's full of villains and creeps, it's where I learned to do my hustle, had to scuffle with freaks.
PSN/360/Steam ID: DAP1MP13
#23InterfusorPosted 8/17/2014 5:11:34 AM
It's great for a free game, but overall, not so great.
---
I am not economically viable.
#24USFPosted 8/17/2014 5:30:24 AM
It's boring as ****.
---
Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Heroes Of The Storm, Transistor, Child Of Light.
#25lazycomplifePosted 8/17/2014 6:02:49 AM
I only did one playthrough on normal, and I'm a packrat, so when I got to the end of the game (20 hours or so) I didn't want to sell all of my old stuff and I didn't want to purchase more inventory tabs, so I just quit. What I did play was enjoyable though.
---
Official Swinub - 3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027
Steam/PSN/Nintendo ID: Sythierius
#26LaManoNeraIIPosted 8/17/2014 12:24:39 PM
It copies everything from Diablo 2 except the fun and creativity

Try Marvel Heroes instead. It feels more like a D2 sequel than anything else. Even developed by former Blizzard North guys
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#27MaximoomPosted 8/17/2014 12:36:38 PM
Overall its good, I stopped playing due to desync issues.
---
Asus P8H61-MLE/BR | i5 3470 3.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 760 2GB | 8GB DDR3-1333 | 1TB HDD | C3TEC 500Rve 500W Bronze | Samsung 32" LCD 1080p.
#28Edavy89Posted 8/17/2014 12:59:45 PM
LaManoNeraII posted...

Try Marvel Heroes instead. It feels more like a D2 sequel than anything else. Even developed by former Blizzard North guys

My one big problem with marvel heroes is the lack of visual gear progression. I understand the reasoning behind it because you are playing an established hero with certain established looks, and the fact that the costumes are a large part of what brings them money. For me personally though, I like seeing my character start looking more impressive as his gear gets more impressive.
#29ClashtonnPosted 8/17/2014 1:20:26 PM
Better than early Diablo 3, not quite as good as Diablo 2 . Maybe on par with what Diablo 3 is now.

The skill tree is incredible. TONS of customization in what you build, which is something you don't see a lot of outside of single player RPGs.
---
i5 somethingK | GTX 660TI and some letters | Like 8 rams or something| Really Big HDD | Kind of small SDD
#30LaManoNeraIIPosted 8/17/2014 1:23:17 PM
Edavy89 posted...
LaManoNeraII posted...

My one big problem with marvel heroes is the lack of visual gear progression. I understand the reasoning behind it because you are playing an established hero with certain established looks, and the fact that the costumes are a large part of what brings them money. For me personally though, I like seeing my character start looking more impressive as his gear gets more impressive.

A valid complaint

It doesn't bother me as much though because Diablo 2 didn't have much in terms of gear appearance variety. Especially at end game when everyone was Strength glitched so their gear didn't show up at all.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009